music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby laura palmer. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:49 pm

@superunknown
that was an amazing interview and i love love love how in depth you went. i really hope you review more things, because i love your review style. I'm definitely going to listen to that album now. i love pj, and grew up on them, but ive never really listened to the point where i knew songs and albums, as it was more my dad made me listen to them. both my parents have met the members of pearl jam, and said they were all so nice, so I'm definitely going to go back to listening to them.
@acacia
don't apologize, because those are great suggestions !! thank you for correcting the album title, its now fixed :)
I'm starting to link all the songs now, I'm glad you thought of that, because it's really helpful. thank you !!!
as for my favorite way to find music, i kinda go off of what my friends suggest, things i find on this thread, and soundcloud. i listen to a lot of soundcloud, and just start a radio from a song i like and go from there. i do the same on Spotify.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chanel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:34 pm

okay, I would've posted this earlier but work got the best of me. Anyways, here's my review for Love by Lana Del Rey

First of all, I have been a Lana Del Rey fan since forever. I love her music and she's just so mesmerizing. Out of all her songs, i felt like I connected with this one the most. The music video for the song was fantastic, I loved how it had like a small story to it. Lana looked stunning in the video. When she says "don't worry baby" in the song, it felt like she was motivating me and like she cured my anxiety lol. I'm excited for her new album, can't wait to see what she has in store. Anyways yeah, that was a short review because it was only one song but a very good song.

I'm thinking of doing more reviews, for Lana and other artist but for now here's my first one (:
xxxx

┌─────────────────┐

chanel ⏤ she/her ⏤ dog trainer

hi, I'm chanel. I'm generally really nice
to talk to so don't be afraid to shoot me a
pm. I enjoy writing and drawing, talking about
dogs, tv shows, books, etc. have a nice day! c:

└─────────────────┘
chanel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 am

realjoshdun wrote:@superunknown
that was an amazing interview and i love love love how in depth you went. i really hope you review more things, because i love your review style. I'm definitely going to listen to that album now. i love pj, and grew up on them, but ive never really listened to the point where i knew songs and albums, as it was more my dad made me listen to them. both my parents have met the members of pearl jam, and said they were all so nice, so I'm definitely going to go back to listening to them.

Thanks! o: I am probably gonna do some more, I have nothing else to talk about with anyone so I might as well just regurgitate all this bottled-up feeling about music I like by doing reviews like that one xD I guess I do really know Yield though, the only time I actually listened to any of it as I was writing that was when I checked the solo in Brain Of J, and when I was making sure Hummus was tacked onto the end of the All Those Yesterdays I linked so I didn't have to trawl YouTube for it... That's pretty cool though, and from what I'd seen they all did seem like really nice people. I haven't actually listened to much of PJ's stuff after Binaural (heard a couple of songs off Riot Act that I like and that's about it) so I don't know much about those albums haha
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 pm

ive been listening to this artist a lot lately,
and so i've decided to review him. so here is my review on;

MAC DEMARCO - 10/10

mcbriare samuel lanyon 'mac' demarco was born in april 30th, 1990. he releases music under the name mac demarco now, but previously he's released it under the name makeout videotape. he released 4 albums under than name, titled ying-yang, bossa yeye, heat wave! and eating like a kid. [these are still available on his bandcamp which features things under mac demarco as well.] in 2012 he released an album under his name of mac demarco, and it was titled rock & roll nightclub. his label, captured tracks, liked him enough to let him release a second album, titled 2.
captured tracks has brought several bands to light, such as diiv, wild nothing, and the craft spells. mac demarco is currently their biggest artist, still.
following this, mac released the albums salad days, and the mini lp titled another one. his upcoming album, this old dog, is due this march. two singles have been released. the titled track, and another one called my old man. im happily seeing him live this september.

mac's music can easily be classified as slacker rock, or his earlier has more psych-indie-rock. it's hard to confine this man to one genre. he seems to really enjoy using the same guitar pedal per album, and this can get tiring for some, but personally, each and every song sounds different.

his most popular songs will be reviewed below;

MY KIND OF WOMAN;
2 - 2012
personally i very much enjoy this song. it's quite nice and almost trance-like, but is overall a sweet song. in the music video mac is seen putting on dresses + make-up, and dancing around. the guitar in the song is quite nice, and though the lyrics are repetitive, it still sounds good, especially with mac's voice. i very much enjoy this song, though it is not my favorite by mac.
the popular youtuber poppy covered it, and it sounds very nice, and her voice sounds quite like a feminine version of mac's in it. i like the cover nearly as much as i enjoy the original.

CHAMBER OF REFLECTION;
salad days - 2014
this is by far my favorite mac demarco song, and the first mac song i ever heard. it's quite a dark song if you really look at the lyrics. i personally believe mac is singing about how he wants his lover to find someone else, as he believes he isnt good enough. but at the same time he doesn't want to be alone. this song is extremely calming and relaxing to listen to, with a very lo-fi/synth vibe. it's quite different than the rest of songs on the salad days album, as no guitar is really present. i very much so love this song.

FREAKING OUT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD;
2 - 2012
this used to be my favorite mac demarco song, as the guitar at the beginning hooks me every single time. this is most definitely one of those songs that im able to listen to over and over and over and over without getting tired of it. the song is an apology to his mother about 'freaking out the neighbourhood' and getting up to no good as a child. it's a nice song that's heavy with guitar and definitely my favorite song off of 2.

LET HER GO
salad days - 2014
this was the main single off of mac's second solo album, titled salad days. mac personally dislikes this song, and wasn't happy with it. i have to disagree with mac, as i love this song. it has a very cheery, almost pop vibe, and the lyrics are lovely. "tell her that you love her, if you really love her, but if your heart just ain't sure, let her go". it's a nice song about love, and honestly this song made me break up s/o. it's true, and dont be with someone unless you like them. dont lead anyone on. the guitar in this song is so nice and the drums pair with it perfectly. mac's voice is especially soft in this song, and it sounds lovely.

BLUE BOY
salad days - 2014
this is the song that my whole entire signature was based off of. this is my favorite mac demarco song, if i only based them off of lyrical content. this is definitely the song i find myself relating to the most. this is quite a nice song, and it’s wild to believe that this whole album was self-produced. this song has sad lyrics, but a guitar riff that makes you wanna be happy. i very much love this song.

well, i hope you enjoyed my lil review of one of my favorite artists !! let me know if you listen to mac, id love to chat with you about him :)
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:19 pm

@therealjoshdun- i had actually never heard of this artist before!!! based on your recommendations, i decided to check him out, and i've gotta say i totally love his sound. it's so good! it reminds me of some artist i've heard before, and i wish i remembered their name so i could recommend them to you and see if you like their music too...
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:09 pm

@nailbunny

yay !! im glad you like mac !!
if you remember the other artist
please let me know !!

+
i rebuffed the front page
so let me know what you think!

and i decided to edit/update my sign-up

favorite artist, and why;
twenty one pilots. they mean the world to me,
their lyrics have meant literally everything to
me, and they helped me through some rough
times. i love tyler and josh dearly.
favorite song, and why;
from nowhere by dan croll. im not really sure
why, but the first time i heard it i fell in love.
i have loved this song for several years, and
not once have i grown tired of it. its an
amazing song.
favorite album, and why;
bankrupt! by phoenix. the amount of
times i have listened to this album is
probably insanity. it is such an artful
and good and beautiful album. i love
it so very much.
favorite genre;
anything besides country really. and
i dont really like a lot of pop.
favorite music news source [if any];
nme, rollingstone, spin, nylon, pitchfork
least favorite artist, and why;
nickleback, g-eazy, taylor swift, meghan trainor
little mix, fifth harmony, etc.
least favorite song, and why;
work from home by fifth harmony. i fell
like it lowkey ripped off work by rihanna
and i hate that
favorite music service
soundcloud & spotify
favorite platform? (records, cds, digital, etc.);
v i n y l
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby talkshow boy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:10 pm

@realjoshdun !! i really like the new front page. it looks a lot more organized and such.

anyways, i'll be doing a review of a music video! let's just get into it.

I Apologize by Five Finger Death Punch {music video} - 10/10
i just adore this music video. it enhances what the song is about rather than just being something to watch. ivan is walking through a cemetery and apologizing for his mistakes and stupidity, in a cemetery that has famous musicians. musicians that have one thing in common with ivan; they all had an addiction. as he realizes how idiotic he has been, he reflects on how other people he respects have gone through the same thing. towards the the end of the video, ivan starts digging a grave with a headstone that has his name on it. burying everything about his addiction in hopes of not ending up like the others. this is exactly how a music video should be, at least to me.
{eep sorry if this doesn't make any sense}
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 am

i just thought of some ides;
if you guys wanted, post your
spotify's or soundcloud's or whatever you
listen to music on, and i could link them
on the front page, on the members list??
let me know what you think, and if there
are other things you think would be cool !!

@afterglow
i watched the video, and though
i wasnt a fan of the song, it was still a cool
video. the metaphor behind it is really rad,
and it had a lot of cool allusions. i liked it.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raya36 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 am

That would be cool. I'll have to update my spotify to what i currently listen to first though. I usually just use my phone's music player.

Raya36
❞𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕪 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕒.
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆Trades AkumiIrako ©⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆
working on collecting all cats,
deer, snakes, birds, and otters.
always love trading
have: moon dragon egg, fae foxes,
list pets, all my items, and tons more
Raya36

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:14 am

I have this playlist on YouTube that I listen to sometimes when I play games on the computer, it's far from finished though. It's missing a lot of stuff. But as a general idea of what I listen to, here it is!

I also just found this band a couple of days ago, they're called the Wellwater Conspiracy and I might say some stuff about their first album after I listen to it a few more times! One of those songs was in the video I linked in my Yield review, it's called Sandy and I think it's a cover. I love that song though, I taught myself how to play it on guitar xD
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me