Describe your favourite things and make them sound terrible

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Describe your favourite things and make them sound terri

Postby Ɽotten Ⱡegacy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 am

Ɽotten Ⱡegacy wrote:2 - In this game, your spaceship crash-lands in another dimension because of some interference. You're separated from all of your friends, who you then have to go and rescue. Also, your ship is severely damaged and you won't be able to leave until it's fixed--one of your crewmates is an engineer, but of course, you have no idea where any of your crewmates are. And after you rescue them, your teleporter malfunctions for like the fifth time, causing you to be separated from your crew. Then you have to risk your life to find and disable the source of the interference, the thing causing the teleporters to go crazy. On top of all that, this new dimension is destabilizing, and it's going to collapse pretty soon. Great.

4 - To put it simply: Devil squares!
As for a more detailed description...
You receive something that completely breaks your perception of reality. Then an important thing shatters, and you have to travel to every remote corner of the world--forced to leave your happy home village for the first time--to collect the pieces of it, otherwise the universe will collapse. Along the way, there's this place with a bunch of strangers who speak in a foreign language. There is a way to decipher it, but when you finally get to understand what they're saying, it turns out a lot of them are just making fun of what you look like. This language comes up a lot in the game, and there's nothing that automatically translates it for you, so every time you come across a message, you have to painstakingly translate it. Usually it's not even important, but I do say usually, so you don't know if you're going to need the information until you've already gone through the trouble of translating it. Some of the puzzles are extremely difficult to solve; one of them was thought to be impossible for years after the game's release. There's a door that requires you to collect basically everything, and the place it leads you to isn't even that important.
So there's all that, and the ending is a bit...cryptic? It's just a series of trippy visuals.

5 - You send your children into a mysterious, ever-changing castle to do..something. Each child has a unique set of traits, many of which make your life much more difficult or annoying. You have to give up ALL of your money every time you enter the castle, so, good luck if you're trying to save up for anything! A lot of the enemies can be torture to deal with. The final boss is actually your great-great-great-however-many-greats-grandfather, a legendary swordsman, who found a way to be immortal. Turns out you've been reading parts of his journal throughout your quest, and pretty much reading his slow descent into insanity. The last few entries are surprisingly chilling, and just reading them makes me really not want to kill him. Everything about the boss fight has an air of "am I doing the right thing?" to it, but you still have to kill the boss because that's how this game works. Whether or not he can even be considered an antagonist is debatable, at least in my opinion.

These still haven't been guessed!
I don't like bumping my previous post without adding at least one new thing, but unfortunately I can't think of any game or book to use for it. Sorry ;-;

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕,
𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
· [ they/ve/it ] · [ carrd ] · [ th ] · [ art shop ] · [ look at my cat ] ·

Greetings! I'm Vesper, your friendly neighborhood Heizou enthusiast.
I'm always eager to chat about anything or infodump about my hyper-
fixations if you give me the chance, so feel free to hit me up if you
want! I'm a big fan of Genshin, Will Wood, Pretty Boy Detective Club,
fictional detectives in general, and much more - check my carrd!

My hobbies include drawing, voice acting, designing characters,
singing, writing all sorts of different things, and just doing my best <3

weather update:
lyney

· [ madhouse - Matt Maltese ] ·
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Ɽotten Ⱡegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No1r » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:06 am

1. It starts out as a cute game about a village where angels and demons live in harmony, but then the main character gets attacked by a flaming bat and everything goes downhill from there.

2. A blonde emo dude (who's actually a demon) tries to save his crush (a blue haired girl) from dying, but fails miserably to do so. Also, the blue haired girl used to be his friend, but she has no memory of that.

3. A weird boy (a very human-like cryptid, to be specific) who has an obsession with dolls lives in a very weird place where weird stuff happen. Oh and he has a brother, who owns 2 furries (and by furries I mean grown men who wear cat ears and act like cats). AND THAT'S IT.

There ya go. I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows the first one, but I doubt anyone knows what the other 2 are :-/
Formerly known as R. Sherbet (2019) and PinkieKitty (2013-2019).

This is a W.I.P.
No1r

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amarokk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 am

1. Yoyos can be used to bash things with surprising efficiency. Lots of disembodied eyeballs. Hours spent hacking into the ground. And then more hacking. Into more ground. Throwing dolls into lava pools. Mechanising crabs for slave labour.

2. Rocks that talk. They're so original and creative that their names are the kinds of rocks they are. They're all girls, except for a chubby boy who is half rock. Ironically they also seem to like rock music as well.

3. Boy and his dog do silly shenanigans for a girl. Typical heroes journey. Swords n a magic book.

4. Webcomic about people going through high school. Lots of emotional issues. Really nice alchemy art is used to distract readers from the angsty teenage characters.

5. Another webcomic about astrology. Timey wimey stuff. A lot of author self inserts. Teenagers are overpowered and everybody dies.

6. Everybody liked this for a short while, then everybody hated it. Lots of people think its dangerous, but lots of people still use it. I find it a useful tool: and fun! It helps keep my friends healthy and happy. It's an extension to this other popular series. Some of the people that like the other popular series may turn their nose up at this. I find the amount of content in the entire series to be overwhelming at times.
Amarokk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 am

Amarokk wrote:2. Rocks that talk. They're so original and creative that their names are the kinds of rocks they are. They're all girls, except for a chubby boy who is half rock. Ironically they also seem to like rock music as well.

Steven Universe?

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: all im saying is kendrick should think abt callin up megan

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nathaniel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 am

1. four kids play an advanced virtual reality game that gets too real, and there's death
2. total drama's spiritual successor. 16 kids have taken the "school is a prison" metaphor too literally, and there's death
Image Image Image
mostly inactive, slow responses both for dms and trades
nathaniel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mordacia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:59 am

Amarokk wrote:4. Webcomic about people going through high school. Lots of emotional issues. Really nice alchemy art is used to distract readers from the angsty teenage characters.

i'm gonna throw out a guess based on the time i very briefly read it - gunnerkrigg court?
Mordacia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm

tsuchiya wrote:1. four kids play an advanced virtual reality game that gets too real, and there's death
2. total drama's spiritual successor. 16 kids have taken the "school is a prison" metaphor too literally, and there's death

Is it SAO and Danganronpa?

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: all im saying is kendrick should think abt callin up megan

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

x

Postby skyline » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Last edited by skyline on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    skyline

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Amarokk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Cocoa wrote:
    Amarokk wrote:2. Rocks that talk. They're so original and creative that their names are the kinds of rocks they are. They're all girls, except for a chubby boy who is half rock. Ironically they also seem to like rock music as well.

Steven Universe?

yiss
    Amarokk

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Amarokk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Psyphon wrote:
    Amarokk wrote:4. Webcomic about people going through high school. Lots of emotional issues. Really nice alchemy art is used to distract readers from the angsty teenage characters.

i'm gonna throw out a guess based on the time i very briefly read it - gunnerkrigg court?

Yuss
    Amarokk

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me