░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.0 Live!! Dec 4th Update

Postby sketchi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:51 am

thank you for the adorable pic rainby! :'D

@Deohako; its very rare that reshuffling will fail 5x in a row, but if it happens its really too bad. we do want to improve our reshuffle code later on!

Lacuna wrote:
    I've also had that happen where I was watching closely and there are clearly moves, but it shuffles again anyway. It seems (maybe) that if it would automatically match/have three in a row on the shuffle it shuffles again instead of letting it match. It also doesn't recognize gemlings or gems in bone prisons as possible matches.

the reason it does this is because reshuffle shouldn't be giving you a ready-match (like it shouldn't match by itself after a reshuffle). but it may be possible that bone prisons aren't being calculated though, I'll note that down.

Elwine wrote:Sketchi, I was thinking today after another game I played had an update kerfuffle. What Verizon of Android will be supported once you all get it working?

Android 4.0.3

we hear you guys! we're listening and observing data (ie which levels most people get stuck on), and we're trying to get in a quick patch update to make everything easier and less frustrating. for one, jellybeans will have their radius buffed, and a few other Gemlings will also have slight radius buffs. the hardest levels (such as 1-9, 1-10, 2-1, 3-1, 5-9, etcetc) all got a difficulty reduction.

the main problem with difficulty though seems to be everyone's underleveled, since after the update all Gemlings start at level 1 even if you've been playing a while. so most importantly, we want to help get everyone back to where they ought to be by increasing gem EXP by 100%, and also having a gem EXP Bonus of an additional 200% on Sundays. we're also adding better indications of levels, so you can know how strong the enemy will be in a level before entering.

ALSO, jellybeans and jellyslugs (the most common little dudes) will give tons more EXP when used to Boost other Gemlings. especially if you stage them up first. so leveling Gemlings should go a lot faster!

ps. wallpapers for your phone and computer?

get yours here!
it's on the Media page, and there's a bunch of sizes so you can find the right one for your device.

also, more gameplay videos are up here, for all of Zone 2!
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwine » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 am

sketchi wrote:
Elwine wrote:Sketchi, I was thinking today after another game I played had an update kerfuffle. What Verizon of Android will be supported once you all get it working?

Android 4.0.3

Oh goody. Mines running 4.2.2. Now I just hope it works with my facebook save file :(

What are the chances of it being available before Christmas?
=Kitty= is my daughter
We share a lot of devices
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:57 am

Elwine wrote:Oh goody. Mines running 4.2.2. Now I just hope it works with my facebook save file :(

I'm 99.99% sure (always got that 0.01% uncertainty in life!) your save files WILL transfer over safely. we're designing it to use the same server so people cross-platform can be friends, and also transfer data when updating phones etc.

as for before Christmas... 0.01%? haha. :'0
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwine » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:01 am

sketchi wrote:
Elwine wrote:Oh goody. Mines running 4.2.2. Now I just hope it works with my facebook save file :(

I'm 99.99% sure (always got that 0.01% uncertainty in life!) your save files WILL transfer over safely. we're designing it to use the same server so people cross-platform can be friends, and also transfer data when updating phones etc.

as for before Christmas... 0.01%? haha. :'0

xD there is always that Christmas Miracle right~ Lol

Awesome I look forward to playing again! (I just hope my tablet is supported I have an unusual one; Kobo Arc 7)
=Kitty= is my daughter
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:01 am

there are sooo many androids, hopefully we can get it looking good on all of them! we might have to recruit you and your strange device as a tester. x3

it's 1AM here and I'm still up so thought I'd make an Amplop buddy for all the nightowls here. you won't catch Amplop snoozing!

Code: Select all
[url=http://t.rainbowtail.net/link?page_id=chickensmoothie&link_id=121515post&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rainbowtail.net%2F][img]http://i.imgur.com/eIpOaYK.gif[/img][/url]
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwine » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:22 am

sketchi wrote:there are sooo many androids, hopefully we can get it looking good on all of them! we might have to recruit you and your strange device as a tester. x3

I would totally be up for that. I don't think its really any different from the others I mean it does run Jellybean. I have just found quite a few apps that aren't supported, and i've no idea why.
=Kitty= is my daughter
Elwine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbyDerp » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:24 am

LOL *falls over*

RainbyDerp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ForstFire » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:12 pm

this looks like so much fun. O:

I'm totally adding it to my list of games that I need to play.

Will this work on my Kurio? Its like an iPad/tablet, but it has windows on it.
It's official, I love Undertale too much.
ImageImage
ForstFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Idk what's up with the little sludge monsters, but I can't even lower their hp at all no matter what I try :L
Kinda wish I hadn't noticed my game said there was an update available. I'm glad it's easier to rack up points now on some levels, but my starter pet(blue) isn't very useful now and he used to be my favorite aha
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:36 am

ForstFire wrote:this looks like so much fun. O:

I'm totally adding it to my list of games that I need to play.

Will this work on my Kurio? Its like an iPad/tablet, but it has windows on it.

windows phones won't be supported for the time being, unfortunately.

Water Witch wrote:Idk what's up with the little sludge monsters, but I can't even lower their hp at all no matter what I try :L
Kinda wish I hadn't noticed my game said there was an update available. I'm glad it's easier to rack up points now on some levels, but my starter pet(blue) isn't very useful now and he used to be my favorite aha

you must be in a much later zone than your gemlings can handle! don't blame you though, I didn't make the gemling and enemy levels obvious enough. you can check levels of things (gemlings, enemies, bosses, etc) by tapping on them in-game, or from inside your gemling box. next update will show levels everywhere so its easier to check. right now, you should go back to earlier zones to level up your gemlings. if you're at the right level you'd be able to 1 or 2-shot most enemies.

we are releasing a quick patch to shower everyone with more EXP, hope it gets through before christmas!
also working on better control for the movement system (with retracing, clear blast ranges, etc) so it'll be a loooooot smoother to play. :'D
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me