Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Least favorite book

Postby moondance. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:02 am

silent spring by rachel carson. it was the first book i fell asleep reading, and i fell asleep multiple times while reading it.
moondance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:43 pm

dnf-ed two books in a row
1) wrath and the dawn. this book was unreadable. i dnf-ed it before even reaching the halfway mark. it felt like a very badly written fanfic. it's publicized as an enemy to lovers but it's not like that at all. more like instalove after the first 20 pages. no tension, nothing. and what's more disturbing is that she fell in love with him knowing he killed her best friend (it's not a spoiler it's literally in the blurb) the way the protagonist thinks and acts is just weird and unnatural.
2) truthwitch. i was disappointed by this one because i had high hopes for it after hearing people rave about it when it first came out. the book started out really strong, but towards the halfway mark, it felt like a different writer continued the book. the characters were so inconsistent and the world is not flushed out at all - which makes it hard to read when she keeps throwing terms around. the world has potential but it was just really badly executed.
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moth Monarch » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 pm

A Long Walk to Water:

The entire book is about walking. Just. Walking. Walking in the desert to get to/from water. We had to read it for a class in middle school and it was almost unbearable. And the teacher hyped it up like we were about to be blessed with the most exiting book in the world.

And it had this thing at the beginning of every chapter where it would switch to a different story for a lil. This new story at the beginning of each chapter? THE SAME THING. Just with a different protagonist like 10 years ahead. The worst thing about this "extra mini story" was that you couldn't really tell where the first one endes and the real story started, much less tell them apart (because again, they were the exact same.)

Thank you for coming to my mini rant.

No wonder why I slept through so much of that class lol

ImageImageImageImageImage

𓁺 "Please Respect The Moths" 𓁺

β™› Call Me Moth/Star/Ruin β™›

β›₯ They/He/It β›₯

ImageImageImageImageImage
Moth Monarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkLemonade14 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:47 am

1984 by George Orwell. Everyone praises it for being this great warning on the dangers of facism (which, if you didn't already know facism is bad I'm concerned), but I just found it soooo boring. The plot was pretty much non-existent and the gross way the chracter and book viewed women made my stomach churn. Not to mention, Winston was the most lifeless and dull character and I did not care at all what happened to him. Maybe I just had expectations in my mind that he would have this really cool attempt at rebllion, but there just wasn't? I already found Winston incredibly unlikeable and creepy, so the whole time I felt like I was just searching for a reason to see what happened in the end, and the only one I could find was that I didn't want to fail my essay on it for english.
Last edited by PinkLemonade14 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

hi, i'm pink.

ΛšΚšβ™‘ΙžΛš

she / her

β–¬β–¬β–¬ xoxo β–¬β–¬β–¬

PinkLemonade14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The.Arsonist » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am

I think that was 1984
I had to read it for English last year, and I just watched yt the whole time. The idea was there, but it wasn’t interesting enough :1
[list]
" a knife !! "
Call me arson :3 //goal: collect 1 of every PPS pet πŸ’ // pixel //

Image Image

My Pronouns are They/Them/Zey/Zem/Xey/Xem

Image Image
The.Arsonist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:51 am

The maze runner, got ten pages in put it down and never picked it back up. I’m an avid reader and can normally finish a book in 2-4 days. But the maze runner just sucked and wasn’t interesting at all, plus how the chapters were laid out was horrible. For the love of god at least have twenty pages max in the chapter and not five before starting a new one. ;-;
Last edited by Runnersback on Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎢 RTF 🎢 cal-vain ©

𝙸 πšπš˜πš•πš•πš˜πš πšŽπš πš–πš’ πš‘πšŽπšŠπš›πš,
πšŠπš—πš πš’πš πš•πšŽπš πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘."

πΌπ“‰β€™π“ˆ 𝒢 π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰ 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 π’·π“Ž 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ’Άπ“π“‰π“Ž π“ˆπ‘’π’Ά
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PinkLemonade14 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:52 am

Boba.Fox wrote:I think that was 1984
I had to read it for English last year, and I just watched yt the whole time. The idea was there, but it wasn’t interesting enough :1

woops you're right I just fixed it lol, it's been a few years since I had to read it

Agree! I havent read Fahrenheit 451 yet but I have a feeling the author executed a similar theme much better, along with Harrison Bergeon, which is an excellent dystopian short story that actually achieves in giving the reader the haunting feeling of the danger of intensive government power

hi, i'm pink.

ΛšΚšβ™‘ΙžΛš

she / her

β–¬β–¬β–¬ xoxo β–¬β–¬β–¬

PinkLemonade14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The.Arsonist » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:55 am

I haven’t read books since I decided to write my own back in 7th grade. (I was at a really high reading level then)
The worst book I probably ever read was…well I can’t remember the title. The only thing I remember about it was it had a lost girl in a boat as the cover. I forced myself to read it, but dropped it once I got halfway. It was really boring -_-
[list]
" a knife !! "

Image Image

Image Image
The.Arsonist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The.Arsonist » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:57 am

PinkLemonade14 wrote:
Boba.Fox wrote:I think that was 1984

woops you're right I just fixed it lol, it's been a few years since I had to read it

Agree! I havent read Fahrenheit 451 yet but I have a feeling the author executed a similar theme much better, along with Harrison Bergeon, which is an excellent dystopian short story that actually achieves in giving the reader the haunting feeling of the danger of intensive government power

Some covers of Fahrenheit 451 actually have a match box on the spine so you can burn the book once you’re done. You only understand why once you read the book lol
[list]
" a knife !! "

Image Image

Image Image
The.Arsonist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ObscuredThicket » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:01 am

Oh no.. I think my least favorite book (more like book series) has to be Percy Jackson
I remember liking the first series- so maybe I'll still like it?? But I heavily doubt I will, especially considering all of the over the top romance drama every other page
I tried reading the second series last year I believe and disliked it for the same reason above
I hope I don't offend anyone!! I haven't seen this thread before and wanted to post
ObscuredThicket

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me