Marvel Discussion and Movie News!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Marvel: Upcoming/Released Movies + More

Postby lithigos » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:57 am

OMG Watch this NOW!
I can barely find any words to describe how I feel.
σρєи уσυя єуєѕ, αи∂ fєєℓ αℓινє.
ѕρяєα∂ уσυя ωιиgѕ, αи∂ тαкє fℓιgнт

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr SoundCloud
I have 3,032 pets.
lithigos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotnoodle101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Agreed. IM3 was dreadful. They baited Mandarin and Extremis and didn't deliver, not to mention the absolute character assassination which was Pepper. I think Tony is an incredible character when you get into really exploratory arcs on who he is and what he believes, and just what lengths he'll go to to keep people safe. BUT, MCU isn't doing any of that, so it's better to just let it die. And I'm not buying that they can pull off a Civil War in two movies, either. I hope they don't just hand the mantle off to Rhodey though, unless they're planning on exploring something like Demon in a Bottle.
~A cool exec with a heart of steel~

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hotnoodle101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:44 pm

I don't think Iron Man 3 will be like Civil War because its a planned sequel and i never got the feeling the iron man films were planned to make a complete story. They were just scripts, rushed with loads of special effects and explosions to make them seem bigger. Iron man was awesome but then the originals are always the best but then Iron Man did well and they decided to make more which is the worst way to make a sequel

Its like the dreamworks movies (Except for Madagascar) when they make a film and then its sequel you do get the feeling they had planned it all before they made the first movie, like How to train your dragon and Kung Fu Panda 2
I feel the same way about Thor, Captain America and The Avengers because they are not just sequels they are continuing on from the previous movie and others around them adding in more detail to fix plot holes and intrigue the audience

But unfortunately i don't feel that way about the Iron Man movies which is a shame because Tony Stark/RDJ (Seriously how can you tell) is my favourite male avenger
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotnoodle101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Yeah, man, Tony Stark is my favorite Marvel character of all time, period. That's why I'm angry with the injustice he's been done in these films. And I'm not sure if you've heard, but Cap 3 is going to be Civil War. (You may have meant to type that up there, I honestly wasn't sure. o.o) I love Tony as a character, and by keeping him as static as they have, they're doing both him and their movie audience a serious disservice. Apparently they even considered using Demon in a Bottle (storyline where Tony quits drinking, integral to his personality and character development) in IM2, but forewent it because they were afraid of public reaction.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hotnoodle101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:27 pm

I know about Civil War but its Captain America's film and Tony Stark will be a part of it like Black Widow was a part of Winter Solider. I think it will be nice to see two Avengers in one film, one of which is not Black Widow, and how they interact especially Cap and Iron Man (Do they know the shipping wars?)
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 pm

The MASSIVE difference between Black Widow and Iron Man is that Tony has had three movies as the lead. Natasha on the other hand, despite being very well-loved, has yet to have one. I'm bored of old white man Tony Stark who's learnt the same lesson ("stop being such a jerk") three times now yet seems to forget every movie. I want more characters, different characters! The MCU runs the risk of becoming boring, and the DCU will soon take over if they're not careful.
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotnoodle101 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 am

Oh, I have no argument against that. The Iron Man films are stagnant and boring, and they need movies with female/POC leads. I love Natasha, though I'm more cautious of her after the consideration that her MCU character design is most certainly not based on the 616 version, and she looks a lot like the Ults one. I'm over making her a traitor, I hope that's not the route they go. Tony shows no character development, and hasn't since IM1. They need to drop the franchise. Why do I hate everything to do with Iron Man lately? >.< Just waiting for Carol and T'Challa. Also waiting for Rick Remender to be fired, or at least moved over to Punisher where he can write as much manpain as his chauvinistic little heart desires. Koolkat, I'm an avid Stony shipper myself. But honestly, it's the same problem as the Iron Man films; they've used this plot already. Ooh, how exciting and unexpected, MCU Steve and Tony are fighting. Totally not their entire relationship from Avengers. They don't have the relationship or the history between them even close to what they'd need to pull off the emotional weight of an event like Civil war. We expect them to fight now. It doesn't mean anything, because this isn't a group of people more like a family than a team being torn apart due to conflicting morals, and both sides having valid points. It's an already volatile group that from what I can tell is only going to get worse in terms of relationships after AoU finally getting into an all-out fight. It's a logical progression. I'm not invested in these characters' relationships, because they've barely developed any. It's too early in the universe for a Civil War, there's not enough established.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hotnoodle101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 pm

To be fair to the MCU, its not just them that are getting boring. Even though its way way better written and coordinated (I do love Hickman ngl he's honestly way too good a writer to be running with the rest of the 616 main writers who are all pretty bad rn), the current Original Sin event is pretty much just a rehash of Civil War.

AoU is gonna be rough also no doubt. Joss Whedon makes good, interesting and witty dialogue, but his handling of characters that aren't his own isn't too good in my opinion. He loves to make people fight, especially Tony and Steve, which is getting old in ALL universes quick. And he loves his 'slightly droopy, lost and mad but extremely powerful woman with protective brother' which is what he's probably going to warp the Maximoffs into :/// I think I wrote something about the MCU CW a couple of pages back but I could be wrong, it's something ive whined about plenty recently haha. It is meant to be Steve Rogers vs America with a cameo from Tony rather than the 616 version, which gives me a little hope.

Also yes please remove Rick Remender immediately. He's even worse than Gillen!
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotnoodle101 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:08 am

Oh god, Keiron Gillen, please kill me now. Or at the very least bring me some bleach to pour into my ear so I can attempt to forget the absolute travesty that was Secret Origin of Tony Stark and anything else to do with that man. I swear, he'd be better off writing a soap opera. "Ooh! Just when we think we know him, it turns out he's adopted! And his parents fought aliens! And he has a, uh... a secret brother that no one knows about. Yeah!" Look, it may just be my bias toward Tony with tall, muscular blond men (see: Steve Rogers, Tiberius Stome) but there is only one Stark sibling I consider acceptable, and his name certainly isn't Arno. (Honestly, what the h*ll kind of name is Arno, anyway?) At least I didn't have to revise my viewpoint of him when he defended Remender's Falcon Debacle. I do love Hickman, though, and especially the way he writes Steve and Tony's interactions. Ugh. Speaking of terrible Iron Man recently, I just love how they've thrown forty years of character development down the drain, literally because they feel like having Tony be drinking again and ~*~*~*witty*~*~*~ and generally (it seems to me) closer to the RDJ character. Just waiting for Marvel to quit writing crap and go back to respecting it's readership. Yep.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

hotnoodle101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolvine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 pm

the secret origin of tony stark is something right out a telenovela. im not even kidding, im sure ive seen that plotline used at least 27 times in the past ten years alone. and then there's the whole 'justifying howard's abuse' thing which is just immoral rather than slppy writing. if they'd at least made greg his secret twin i would have been better with it, mostly because gregory stark is the absolute king of trash mountain and i love it.

oh no the falcon debacle breaks my heart in a million pieces. id never read many cap comics outside of interactions with the avengers, but when cap 2 came out i absolutely fell in love with sam and wanted to read. i didnt pick up the latest cap tho bc i knew remender was trash, but not everybody else is in with the comic crew. at least he's captain america now, which is raw as heck (even though a little part of me wishes america chavez had stepped up to the role haa..)

yea that's another thing that gets my goat about im3. if they wanted a smooth-talking friend-turned-enemy, why didn't they use ty??? why was the use of aldrich killian necessary when you had a perfectly good blond demon who would be more than happy to double-cross tony for tech? ty is the best. if greg is trash king then ty is trash emperor. (my favourite characters seem to have a running theme hmmn)
Wolvine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me