The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby Bake_N'_Cake » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am

Will you just get back to the topic of The Sims 3 without it going into The Sims 4? Really, they're almost no posts about Sims 3. Why doesn't someone make a new thread for Sims 4?

The One

To Save Them All
Bake_N'_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equestrian4Life » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:56 am

I've been playing Sims 3 for a while but thanks for the bad CC list! It helps me out a lot!
Equestrian4Life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Bake_N'_Cake wrote:Will you just get back to the topic of The Sims 3 without it going into The Sims 4? Really, they're almost no posts about Sims 3. Why doesn't someone make a new thread for Sims 4?

The Sims 3 is simply over. There is nothing new about it anymore, and The Sims 4 is brand new. An easier solution would just be changing the subject title to be "The Sims". I mean, what is there to talk about The Sims 3 anymore? We've all played it and experienced it to its fullest, now every Simmer wants to get to talking about The Sims 4.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katria » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:59 pm

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:
Bake_N'_Cake wrote:Will you just get back to the topic of The Sims 3 without it going into The Sims 4? Really, they're almost no posts about Sims 3. Why doesn't someone make a new thread for Sims 4?

The Sims 3 is simply over. There is nothing new about it anymore, and The Sims 4 is brand new. An easier solution would just be changing the subject title to be "The Sims". I mean, what is there to talk about The Sims 3 anymore? We've all played it and experienced it to its fullest, now every Simmer wants to get to talking about The Sims 4.

And since the owner if this thread hasn't posted here in a long time its impossible to do unless someone pms them or something.

---

Though for a sims 3 question, is the sims 3 website going to be shut down any time soon, if at all?
I want to think it is but with the exchange its iffy...

My flightrising. I have dragons for sale
My birthday is Dec 16 <3

╔════════════════════════════╗
Trading all cs pets and items for FR
╚════════════════════════════╝
Katria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:18 pm

I believe The Sims 3 website won't be shut down for quite some time, so people can continue to get things off of The Sims 3 store. I hope that is true, anyway, as I really want to stick to TS3 for a little while and would like to get some of the store content for my game.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:54 pm

I don't want to talk about Sims 4 because I have yet to see something in the game that reflects real life, without Story Progression our towns will never get anywhere the families we create will be stunted and the families we did not will be exactly the same at all times in the game apart from Sim death maybe
I'm sorry but the whole emotion and reaction thing just isn't enough to convince me to switch from 3 to 4 EA is really screwing with us this time because to me it looks like a glorified building game with a bit of the Sims as in the very first sims included

Plus the fact it costs a stupid amount of money for just the base game
I love making families and watching them grow in other households
Isn't the whole motive and moodlet thing the Sims reactions and emotions
I honestly don't like the Sims 4 CAS, its a little bit too simple and also a bit clunky. I like the idea because you can make completely unique sims but Sims 3 CAS feels right
Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing Sims 3 for a long time but I'm going to stick to Sims 3. 4 just doesn't look like it deserves my money and I'd be interested to see how many people actually make the switch because i have a feeling EA is going to lose money because of this
I have yet to see anything in The Sims 4 that improves the gameplay
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 am

I've just started playing Sims 3 and am finding it very clunky compared to Sims 2. I want to give it a proper go though, especially since I bought a lot of expacs with it and really want to try them out.

There doesn't seem to be as much CC for Sims 3 but I have found some really nice stuff. One of the things I'd like to ask you guys though, is if anyone else is having trouble downloading the larger files from this site? http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/cc/beauty/skin/ I really want to try out the 1st (non-def) and 4th (choc) skins but after downloading ~2mbs the file just suddenly says complete even though it has tons more to download. If anyone can successfully download these files or already has them, it'd be really super if you could zip/rar up the .package files in smaller batches and upload them somewhere so I could access them. I really like that website's work <3

Which brings me to another question - what do you guys consider to be essentials mods/CC for Sims 3?
What are your favourite Sims 3 sites for downloads?
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tammanae » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:39 am

Essential mods for me are Twallan's Story Progression and Twallan's Overwatch. Story Progression substitutes EA's abysmal excuse for Story Progression (I believe it deteriorated further as more expansions and stuff packs where included, as I did not have problems with it at first.) and it gives your town life. I find it thoroughly amusing to have my Sim go to the park and have a pregnant Sim go to labor next to him. It's also nice to have Sims actually do stuff on their own around town. Without the mod, I would take them to a bar only to find it empty all the time. Now if it's empty it's just because everyone else is hanging out elsewhere, not because they are standing static at home.

Overwatch is a bug fixer of sorts. It keeps the game running smoother by resetting stuck Sims, removing excess cars, turning off those electronics that stay on all around town, etc etc. If really helps remove that clunky feel you mentioned in the game. ^^

Those two are the only mods I actually run, so I can't help much with others other than what I have heard of them if I have heard anything. ID As for custom content, amazingly I only have horse custom content. I feel that Pets brought too little for horse making, and I love making horses, so I went crazy on the CC there. I haven't explored the content for Sims though, mostly because I already struggle choosing from the amount of items already included in the game whenever I am making a random Sim to play. When I was making Merlin I will admit it was harder though, due to his specific looks. I've heard excellent things about Mod the Sims for custom content, so you might want to check there if you haven't already? =)
Tammanae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby troyards » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:38 am

Solloby wrote:I've just started playing Sims 3 and am finding it very clunky compared to Sims 2. I want to give it a proper go though, especially since I bought a lot of expacs with it and really want to try them out.

There doesn't seem to be as much CC for Sims 3 but I have found some really nice stuff. One of the things I'd like to ask you guys though, is if anyone else is having trouble downloading the larger files from this site? http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/cc/beauty/skin/ I really want to try out the 1st (non-def) and 4th (choc) skins but after downloading ~2mbs the file just suddenly says complete even though it has tons more to download. If anyone can successfully download these files or already has them, it'd be really super if you could zip/rar up the .package files in smaller batches and upload them somewhere so I could access them. I really like that website's work <3

Which brings me to another question - what do you guys consider to be essentials mods/CC for Sims 3?
What are your favourite Sims 3 sites for downloads?

my ESSENTIAL mods (like the ones i absolutely cannot live without) are a collection of nraas' mods: story progression, master controller, debug enabler, decensor, and woohooer. i have most/all of the extra bits and bobs for most of them. i also run a few others that are "niche" mods, i guess? you want something like master controller and maybe overwatch to fix how buggy the game is half the time.

i actually use repositories more than actual sites (ie cc find blogs on tumblr, ms3b, and paysitesmustbedestroyed's repository but i've lost the link to that), but i can recommend a few creators. anubis360's and rustynail's stuff survived the Great CC Purge of 2014, though anubis has stopped creating for ts3 and moved on to ts4. i also love pixicat's shoes!! pixicat's stopped creating for the sims in general but semller does a similar style.

hair retexures are a necessary item if you hate peggy's textures and mine all come from different sources but anubis and beaverhausen are the ones that i can remember off of the top of my head that i know i have. slightly related are hair colors: i have all of pooklet's hair colors (naturals and unnaturals) and most of anubis's naturals. pooklet's naturals set includes time bomb (a nice true silver/white) which isn't included in the unnaturals, for some reason? i'd pick up both pooklet sets and anubis's blonde sets so you have a nice selection of hair colors (if you don't play w/ unnatural hair colors, just get pooklet's naturals and anubis's blondes).

s-club in general is an amazing cc site and i love their makeup and accessories so much, esp their 3d lashes!! i don't really like their skins, though? i tend to gravitate towards freklz by therewasnothingleft (and it's less freckly counterpart, nephilim) and i'd link to those two skins but the previews for freklz are kinda not cs friendly and i've lost the link for nephilim. i can skirt you the dls for both if you want them, though!!

default replacements are nice but you need to play around with those to find what you.

make sure ur folders stay organized bc you don't wanna try and organize a folder that's almost 2gbs of just package files
          pfp, no. 68//quote from wolf 359 s1e11, "am i alone now?"
troyards

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aust » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 am

I was missing playing the Sims 3 (just the base) so I put it on my computer despite the voice in the back of my head not to and I feel like I have a complete game. The sims 3 on my old computer had all the ep and some stuff packs, and honestly I almost like it better without the eps. I am missing a few things from generations and the horses from pets but the game is a lot smoother without all of it.
ImageImageImage
aust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me