(important update) music you dislike

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

have you read the first page?

yes
79%
no (please do so now)
21%

Total votes : 33

Re: (important update) music you dislike

Postby leachface » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:35 am

I don’t really care for Jazz or Blues, apologies to anyone here whom does.

Bertholdt Hoover is the best <3
leachface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuri_the_botfly » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:49 pm

stuff like fallout boy or imagine dragons where its trying to sound punk but is super polished and says nothing interesting, nothing unique, all sounds exactly the same. Sometimes they'll put in a stupid little key change or choir line or spoken portion to make you feel like there's an emotional climax to the song, like it means literally anything, but it doesn't. It never means anything, it is nothing but a shadow of actually good rock music, it is utter garbage, and I hate the fact that it is more popular then actual good modern rock bands like King gizzard and the lizard wizard.
I like spiders and have poor judgement. Yuri the botfly#7962

Yuri_the_botfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sapphic Software » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:09 am

I can’t stand country music, I mean my music taste is bad but I would probably take a badly tuned vocaloid over country.

I don’t like rebzyyx. It feels like something that I would tolerate but their music just kind of irritates me.

ㅤ ᐢ⑅ᐢ
꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱
./づ~ 🌸
✤ ٠ —– • · · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠
howdy, I’m Misery or Lenore
Just a silly vampire who likes to draw and play double bass :3

He/it

Fandoms, links, n other stuff is on my carrd

PM’s are open for talking about all things fandom [my brain will go kablooey]
Imageㅤㅤㅤ
· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · ·
Sapphic Software

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:37 am

Yuri_the_botfly wrote:stuff like fallout boy or imagine dragons where its trying to sound punk but is super polished and says nothing interesting, nothing unique, all sounds exactly the same. Sometimes they'll put in a stupid little key change or choir line or spoken portion to make you feel like there's an emotional climax to the song, like it means literally anything, but it doesn't. It never means anything, it is nothing but a shadow of actually good rock music, it is utter garbage, and I hate the fact that it is more popular then actual good modern rock bands like King gizzard and the lizard wizard.

also on this fall out boy is actually considered like. emo. their newer albums definitely stray away from that but if you listen to their older music (utct to like..infinity on high) it is an actual good modern rock band 😭 (this one song from utct that im obsessed w man i cant say its name cuz cs mods r sensitive and dont like it but its a bop) i agree about imagine dragons though theyre mid

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skrundle » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:37 pm

- hearing taylor swift's voice literally makes me phyically ill. she sounds so bad i do NOT get the hype (and her dancing? like stop that)

- every current artist who's trying to copy the billie eilish whispery cursive tone. it's always so painfully obvious too. develop your own sound and personality please!

- screamo and super heavy metal. nothing personal it just sounds unappealing to me

- ed sheeran. kinda sad because he's obvs super talented and i like some of his older stuff but he's devolved into sorority girl cheap wedding music .-.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jo | she/her | INFP

autistic adult, west coast USA
musician - flutist & pianist
i love cats, digital art, and miku
don't be shy! i don't bite ♥︎

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

skrundle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:51 pm

i love taylor swift, and i owe a lot to her considering she's the reason i love music so much nowadays. she' seems like a genuinely caring person, i can vouch for this considering the thing that made me become a fan of her was that she made a video specifically for my after school program at the time. this being said, lord, i cannot stand her modern fandom, and im not a fan if her modern music. her older songs are still bangers, but i cannot witth her new stuff. i know tastes change, but i still consider myself a fan of pretty much every genre, with the exception of like, 80s r&b. but i just cant get into her newer tracks, they dont sound as poppy as the ones shes made before from what i've heard.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage

ImageImageImage

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albionfae » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:49 am

Most of recent pop music since it sounds all the same even if sung by different voices, rap & hip hop, any type of metal that is not symphonic, techno and "artificial" music (I don't mind when someone loves them tho, good for them <3 they just make my ears hurt thats all :> )
Albionfae

I would appreciate if you visit my dragon babies!
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image ImageImage Image
Albionfae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:33 am

I'm not a big fan of the popular mariachi music I've heard. It feels too loud and busy.
I tend to not enjoy any song about crime (being a victim of it sucks), drugs (never been into them), violence (unless it's traumacore), or songs that are really inappropriate. Makes me feel uncomfortable lol.
Not a fan of songs that repeat phrases or words too much. It gets annoying. Though a few songs I like sometimes have that near the end.
I don't really like songs that are too literal. Use some metaphors and other wordplay!
Songs that are too hyper and loud are a little hard to listen to, like 100 gecs and deathgrips.
I don't understand the obsession with Taylor Swift, but a couple of her songs are good.
I'm usually not a fan of songs that are mostly talking rather than singing (Come on Billie Eilish, sing and belt more like you used to!)
Also I prefer songs to be in my own language so I can understand the lyrics.
May is Celiac Disease Awareness Month!
Image <--click
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:25 am

Albionfae wrote:, rap & hip hop,

please read the original post, stating you hate all rap is not allowed. it comes off quite racist.

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:45 am

anyways thread updated to add another genre + clarification for disliking certain eras of any music ive banned blanket hate for

ImageImageImage

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me