Movies you dislike

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Movies you dislike

Postby Languor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:36 am

Mars Needs Moms.
That one gave me nightmares, and it's supposed to be a kids film.
I was seven and I laid in bed for months, scared that bug-eyed Martians would come and take my mom.
πŸ’– Valentine - It/He - Adult - Cat Lover πŸ’–
You deserve to feel happy and loved, always
Current Goal: Complete 2018 Collection - Trade Thread Here!
Image Image
Languor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightmarixx » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 am

Frozen. I love Disney, but Frozen hhhh the falling in love when you bumped into someone annoyed me, what did that have to do with the entire storyline? nothing. i loved it at first, but now i despise it. Should've made a Lady and The Tramp 3.
maybe love isn't something
text text text text text text text text

that comes full circle, it just
link. link. coding credit ───
ebbs and flows, in and out
just like the people in
our lives. ──────────
nightmarixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:30 pm

PepsiDragon wrote:
temps de combustion wrote:the greatest showman. y'all

all of the conflict arcs were basically nonexistent... the first conflict where the bearded lady was shy about her looks? settled in one song without talking about it. the 'freaks' being upset with pt barnum after he started to ignore them? settled in a song. his wife being upset with him after the jenny lind drama? finished in a song. the romance between zac efron and zendaya's characters was the only thing that had a bit of progression and hope for it, but right at the end it was all solved without talking about the subtle racism and societal issues in their relationship.
also all of the songs? basically pop songs masqueraded as showtunes. the other side is the only good song in the entire thing, and it also happens to be the ONLY ONE that is actually referencing what's going on. coincidence? i think not

I liked that movie as well, i don't even like musicals.
Spekaing of musicals did i ever mention how awful the original Annie is? It's trash compared to the 2014 version.

^I must disagree with you there. The original Annie is far superior, in my opinion, to the 2014 version. No one can replace Carol Burnett as Ms. Hannigan. Although I don't think the original is AMAZING, I do believe that it had its charms, while the remake just felt kinda flat.

A movie that I thought was completely terrible was Where the Wild Things Are. The plot was confusing and the whole movie was just awful. Also, against popular opinion, I didn't particularly like Up. Now I didn't detest it as I did Wild Things but it just didn't leave much of a mark on me. I thought it was boring, but maybe I just need to watch it again since it's been a while. I have to bend a little though because the beginning montage was beautiful and heartbreaking.

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

ο½‰ο½Ž space no ο½ο½Žο½… ο½ƒο½ο½Ž ο½ˆο½…ο½ο½’
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Zitrone wrote:
PepsiDragon wrote:
temps de combustion wrote:the greatest showman. y'all

all of the conflict arcs were basically nonexistent... the first conflict where the bearded lady was shy about her looks? settled in one song without talking about it. the 'freaks' being upset with pt barnum after he started to ignore them? settled in a song. his wife being upset with him after the jenny lind drama? finished in a song. the romance between zac efron and zendaya's characters was the only thing that had a bit of progression and hope for it, but right at the end it was all solved without talking about the subtle racism and societal issues in their relationship.
also all of the songs? basically pop songs masqueraded as showtunes. the other side is the only good song in the entire thing, and it also happens to be the ONLY ONE that is actually referencing what's going on. coincidence? i think not

I liked that movie as well, i don't even like musicals.
Spekaing of musicals did i ever mention how awful the original Annie is? It's trash compared to the 2014 version.

^I must disagree with you there. The original Annie is far superior, in my opinion, to the 2014 version. No one can replace Carol Burnett as Ms. Hannigan. Although I don't think the original is AMAZING, I do believe that it had its charms, while the remake just felt kinda flat.

A movie that I thought was completely terrible was Where the Wild Things Are. The plot was confusing and the whole movie was just awful. Also, against popular opinion, I didn't particularly like Up. Now I didn't detest it as I did Wild Things but it just didn't leave much of a mark on me. I thought it was boring, but maybe I just need to watch it again since it's been a while. I have to bend a little though because the beginning montage was beautiful and heartbreaking.

hOw dAre yOu hAve aN oPinion tHat tHe oRiginal iS bEtter!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!!11!111!!1!!1!1!
I'm just joking, you can have an opinion but i personally disagree.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Haha! Another example of when I thought the original was better was with Phantom of the Opera. I felt the 2004 version was absolutely atrocious! Sorry to any fans out there, but I struggled getting through the first half an hour. The singing was mediocre, save Emmy Rossum's performance, and the plot was too slow and painful. I preferred the 1940s version much better. Now I believe there is an even older version, but that was the oldest I could find.

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

ο½‰ο½Ž space no ο½ο½Žο½… ο½ƒο½ο½Ž ο½ˆο½…ο½ο½’
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darth Daddy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:04 am

I disliked Dirty Dancing when I watched it but cannot remember why exactly.
Darth Daddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avalon! » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:58 am

The Lorax, Arthur Christmas, and Forget Paris are my movie enemies.

The Lorax is so stupid and the characters are so unlikable, it's ridiculous. It's so stupid! There is no way that we could all stay alive if there was no trees on the Earth. And the villain was ugly and downright stupid. The only good part of the whole movie was when the Lorax grabbed his butt and floated into the sky. So basically only the end of the movie was good. XD

Arthur Christmas is just bad on so many levels. I didn't laugh once and all the characters were just super annoying. Not to mention the plot is really stupid. The whole movie basically revolved around this goofy teenager who works for Santa. And then Santa forgot to give a gift to one of the children, so they made this super elaborate plan to give the kid the gift before the kid woke up. Oh and there's also a super annoying elf character.

Forget Paris is so bad. The only thing worth watching is the grandpa who says some hilarious things throughout the movie. The number one reason it's so bad, is because Billy Crystal was at one point in the movie, candlelit, shirtless, and trying to look sexy but failing horribly. Just pass on this one. It's all kinds of weird and confusing. XD
Avalon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 am

The Parent Trap. Ugh.
This is a movie that a school would play. Y'know, because they only have the budget for VHS tapes??
They played this at my old summer camp a few years ago. 2015 if i remember correctly. It was one of those random 1900's movies that schools/afterschools/camps play because they have no budget, which this camp did by the why, they had a XBOX360 and the newest Alvin and the Chipmunke movie. I don't remember why i hated this movie exactly, but i remember it being dumb as hell.

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Έ

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxycritter » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 am

Bad horror sequel time!

HALLOWEEN
Halloween 5, 6, and Resurrection. Halloween 4 I can forgive because of the awesome parallel with Jamie at the end, gave me chills. How they continued that in 5...not great. It's like they took all of the impact out of it.
The Rob Zombie remakes are also bad, but tolerable. I'm just tired of the "dark and gritty reboot" that producers seem to be all over.
Best of the series, and my official timeline, are 1, 2, and H20.
The new remake seems like it's going to retcon 2, so I'm interested in seeing where that goes.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
Jason X is...laughably bad. It's Jason...going to space.
The 2009 reboot LOOKS amazing but the script, acting, plot...awful. I just leave this one on mute in the background at Halloween parties.
Jason Takes Manhattan. Just...stupid. Just stupid as heck.
The others I can give or take, but 1 through 6 are great...EXCEPT FOR A NEW BEGINNING. THE ENDING. RUINS. EVERYTHING.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
The 2010 remake is too skeevy to be fun. Again, it suffers from the "dark and gritty reboot" syndrome.
The Dream Child is way too busy, it feels like they tried to cram 4 different plotlines into one movie.
Freddy's Dead is technically a bad movie, but it's hilariously and entertainingly bad.
Similarly, Freddy vs Jason is technically bad but oh so fun to watch.
I'd have to say the original 3 remain my favorites.
foxycritter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VixenGlass » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:26 am

The Labyrinth
    It scared me so much when I was little, I could never get past the scene where the baby gets kidnapped. And I don't like the whole idea of getting caught in a maze
VixenGlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me