CLOSED

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Whats your NOtp?

Postby scrunklies » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:39 pm

kaeluc (kaeya/diluc) from genshin impact like. it's just gross? sure they aren't blood related but they were raised as brothers?? that shouldn't even make a difference, they're brothers either way. it's gross uehhh

eddie
adult !
he/him

Image Image
scrunklies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sa⸸an » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:00 pm

MattEdd. I hate Matt because he's subtly has these red flags about him, the fandom loves this supposed himbo yet they bash Tord for the same exact things Matt done- some cases it's not even true for Tord yet it's true for Matt?

he's literally thrown Edd under the bus twice and seemingly doesn't give two flying fridge soaps about his friends, being willing to sabotage any adventure they go on to get what HE wants, or with them being mostly around for his amusement and so he can't fish for compliments.

Like I'm saying it's bad for the reasons people TRY to say eddTord is bad, but unless Matt who is willing to throw his friends under the bus for being so much as in any sort of position of power and liking the go boost.. At least Tord wasn't going to blow up the house until Tom provoked him.

I'm comparing these to ships because people say Tordedd is bad because Tords one of actions in the End and how he's a anti social jerk who's generally toxic- yet Matt's been doing the same exact things Tord done for much longer, with repeate offensives, not to mention the constant casual.. like Matt, Edd and Tom are all friends but it's been highlighted a few times they've seen him as annoying,
Last edited by Sa⸸an on Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm quit Chickensmoothie, I have given my pets away to a friend. Thanks for the memories everyone!
Sa⸸an

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:06 pm

scrunklies wrote:
    kaeluc (kaeya/diluc) from genshin impact like. it's just gross? sure they aren't blood related but they were raised as brothers?? that shouldn't even make a difference, they're brothers either way. it's gross uehhh

^^ THIS. its literally incest even if. theyre not blood related. its incest and its gross.

CryptidTV wrote:TomTord because it seemingly survive purely on agnst to survive or relies on either Tom or Tord to be reconned heavily personality wise. Or have amnesia. Which is a red flag for me and a can of worms in general if not at least a grey area. Yes there was a theoretically 'canon' timeline where after Tord tried to take over the world he made up with Tom and they became friends- we don't know their friendship dynamic however?

MattEdd. I hate Matt because he's subtly has these red flags about him, and he's literally thrown Edd under the bus twice and seemingly doesn't give two flying fridge soaps about his friends, being willing to sabotage any adventure they go on to get what HE wants, or with them being mostly around for his amusement and so he can't fish for compliments. Like I'm saying it's bad for the reasons people TRY to say eddTord is bad, but unless Matt who is willing to throw his friends under the bus for being so much as in any sort of position of power and liking the go boost.. At least Tord wasn't going to blow up the house until Tom provoked him.

also these ships are already disgusting because they're between actual people, even if its animated personas of them, theyre still really people. ( plus edd is dead irl so like. shipping him is an extra extra ew )

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:31 pm

this is wildly specific and im too scared to even CHECK if this is a real ship but god. the killjoys from danger days.
shipping the comic characters is alr cuz from what ik they arent based off of real people but when the killjoys are literally just my chemical romance it makes it so weird to ship them like 😭😭 mcr literally went on stage dressed as these characters shipping them is so eugh

Image max any neos/him may 5 + adult big fan of retro fps, bulletstorm, and gianni matragranoImage
mankind is dead, blood is fuel, hell is full.

ImageImageImage

from the river to the sea, palestine will be free! 🇵🇸

random thought otd: NEW SERIOUS SAM ART JUST DROPPED MY BOY IS LOOKIN BETTER THAN EVER

POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:21 pm

{me, looking at this thread title;; huh, I don't really think I have any of those.}
{me, reading some of the comments;; oh yeah. nvm I have a few}
{Most of all, ANY ship with real people. that's just. yikes}
{Sheith [VLD] -- they're brothers. I'm literally so tired of "it's okay they're not related" IT WAS IN. THE SHOW. THEY'RE BROTHERS. "You're my brother, I love you" or whatever the line was ??? bruh if you have an adopted sibling you are not gonna "well ACTUALLY" abt that. I definitely have bad vibes abt Shiro & Lance too}
{BakuDeku [MHA / BNHA] -- most of which has already been said LMAO. I haven't kept up w the series for a while but this really reads as victim & abuser and even IF Bakugo isn't as God awful anymore it's still ✋✋✋ full stop pls}
{Catradora [SPOP] [y'all ik this is gonna get me crucified aha] -- SAME AS ABOVE. I'm sorry I did not spend however many years over four seasons watching Adora learn to escape abuse and become her own person just to get back with the person who abused and gaslit her [to some VERY SERIOUS extremes] because of some...idk, guilt trippy "bUt I lOvE yOu" ugh. especially the way the ship was so obviously shoehorned in there last minute. That's a REALLY bad look especially for lesbians. this is a scalding take & may I rest in pieces posting it}
{uhh there's probably a bunch of MCU & DC ships I can't think of rn adgdjgjgj}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Johto » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 am

I don't like non-canon Warrior Cats ships. I like some relationships that weren't made official, like the ones mentioned in the ultimate guide, and ones confirmed by the writers, outside of the books, like Tallstar and Jake.

I already posted this on this thread a while ago, but I don't like Link (OOT) and Zelda. It just doesn't make any sense to me. They just seem like good friends.
Anna | She/her | Nonbinary
Fictional middle aged
man Enthusiast | I love
Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic,
FFXIV, No More Heroes,
MGR, Okami and Devil May Cry

I love animals in general, I
think marine life is really cool

Fandoms on my Carrd
Carrd | Toyhouse | Click if you dare
Funny video that I change sometimes

(I go by TwilightBard on most platforms)
Johto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:31 pm

KaeLuc - I understand what exactly the whole sworn brother's thing is and why it's often used in China as a sneaky way to get MxM ships under the radar. I just can't find it in my heart to appreciate this ship in any shape or form

KokomiGorou - Watasumi's dear "mermaid princess" does not appeal to me in any shape or form, plus Gorou is the general leading her army. So it makes no sense as his Japanese VA always makes Gorou sound respectful when speaking about her, not anything like someone speaking of a lady love

IttoSara - Please leave the Himbo alone, he and Sara are a terrible match. Opposites can attract but Sara is very military-minded while Itto is such a free spirit who just wants to live his life with the humans. I feel in this case the opposites would not work at all well together, in fact she's the one that took his vision away during the decree
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scrunklies » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:37 pm

Queen Vivane wrote:IttoSara - Please leave the Himbo alone, he and Sara are a terrible match. Opposites can attract but Sara is very military-minded while Itto is such a free spirit who just wants to live his life with the humans. I feel in this case the opposites would not work at all well together, in fact she's the one that took his vision away during the decree

yes this ^^ i never saw the appeal when the ship started to get really popular because they just don't seem like a very good match for those reasons? of course people can say "opposites attract" or "enemies to lovers" but i just can't see it working with those two

eddie
adult !
he/him

Image Image
scrunklies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:27 am

Beiguang - I can't stand this ship, I personally don't see how it's so popular? I get that Ningguang acts flirty with Beidou but Beidou acts so differently. It feels weird and one-sided. I can't stop thinking of that one quest (Moonlight Merriment, I think?) where the traveler is talking with Beidou, Ningguang, and Xiangling - Beidou sounded so frustrated with Ningguang, like she was sick of her and it didn't feel like sexual tension. It just felt like frustration, like she was sick of Ningguang's attitude. They just don't click very well. Beidou is so fun and adventurous and loving and Ningguang is so stiff and work-focused and luke-warm. I personally can't stand this ship. It feels like the fans are forcing feelings onto Beidou and that doesn't sit well with me.

Kaeluc - I hate this ship for obvious reasons. I don't care that they aren't blood-related. They grew up as brothers. Period. (Plus I love enemies-to-lovers but hot dang, they went from bros to whatever the heck the mess they are now.

Jeanlisa - feels forced as well. I just see fans take things out of context and run. (but maybe that's because I'm biased towards Lisa being a strong single female and not needing a partner and Jeanluc.)

(For Beidou and Lisa, I kinda wish the fandom would just let them be single??? We don't get enough strong, fierce females who don't need a partner. These two are some of my favorite fictional women and while I want them happy, I want them happy and standing strong alone, to show that girls don't always need to lean on someone.)

Ereri - this feels so wrong, that age gap is crazy and Levi acts as Eren's freaking father/mentor, why is the fandom like this, lol. I don't care that Eren is now an adult, Levi is still upper 30's and Eren is 19.

Eren x Historia - I honestly don't hate this ship but I only really like it in the third season. Otherwise, no no.

Deku x All Might - SPEAKING OF AGE GAPS, PLZ WHY IS THIS EVEN A THINGGGG?!

Aizawa x any classmate - plz get some help, omigoshhhh.

ANYWAY, LOL, I'M DONE FOR NOW, THANKS FOR COMING TO MY TED TALK. (Please don't @ me.)
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtsyDreamer » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:46 am

Chase/Maya from Harvest Moon… I wish it wasn’t canon, it’s so toxic and there is clearly no love in that relationship 😓 There’s absolutely no affection, all Chase does is constantly belittle and insult Maya over something she’s clearly passionate about, they do nothing but fight until a random proposal out of the blue for no conceivable reason, and even after they get married and have a kid, when that kid grows up, she’ll tell you about how her parents STILL do nothing but fight… why the heck are they even together?? I am never letting them get married in my game… Maya, sweetie, you deserve so much better :( Like, why would the people behind this game go out of their way to make a relationship this unhealthy? If it’s to give the male player more incentive to marry Maya or something, that’s not a very good reason… I just think they should make all the rival couples healthy so you don’t have to feel bad about letting the other couples get together after you’ve married your character of choice u_u
ArtsyDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me