The Sims 3

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: The Sims 3

Postby ElevatingHearts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:49 am

I've been playing The Sims since I was about six or seven, so I'm not sure what the best I have done is :/

I remember one time my Sims had over fifty thousand dollars without cheats, but it was on the Xbox version xD The mom was a rock star, the Dad was a International Super Spy, The son being a hit movie composer, and the sister was a superstar athlete :3 Gooood money right there xDD

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

My Latest Update for "Snagged" was the prologue, which was posted on 10/25/14.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 am

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:Sorry to say, you're going to have to use a quick cheat ;)
A sim just got stuck in your town, so just pull up the cheat bar and type this in: resetSim *

It will reset every Sim in your town, and it should fix the problem, and it will set all needs to where they should be with the time. I had to do it a few times before but now I don't.

Thanks, I'll give it a try net time I turn on my game! :]
I don't have too much of an aversion to cheats for things like that, I just don't want to have to use them to the extent my old computer required me to. xD I literally would not be able to play without cheats on the old one, lol.

I've had unicorns before, but I really don't like owning them. xD They're pretty to look at, but the glow and constant posing got really obnoxious. I prefer to own regular horses and just see the unicorns around town occasionally.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Fervorous Sakura:. » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:55 am

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:I've been playing The Sims since I was about six or seven, so I'm not sure what the best I have done is :/

I remember one time my Sims had over fifty thousand dollars without cheats, but it was on the Xbox version xD The mom was a rock star, the Dad was a International Super Spy, The son being a hit movie composer, and the sister was a superstar athlete :3 Gooood money right there xDD

Lol I usually use the money cheat just to buy a fancy house because if you don't have a lot of money you don't get a nice house. XD

"Let me
be the
one to
light
a fire
inside of
your eyes"
[~1D]
~
"I'm breathing
in the
chemincles"
[~Imagine
Dragons]

Tʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴘɪʟᴇ
ᴏғ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs. Gᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs
ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴇ ᴠᴇʀsᴀ,
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀɪʟʏ sᴘᴏɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ
ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴏʀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴜɴɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ.

19sandycane is my homie so I give her alot o' gifts. :3

signature by .::Wish::.[/center]
.:Fervorous Sakura:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am

June Bug wrote:I finally got Sims 3 on my new laptop and it's been running fabulously~ I can actually play properly now and not rely on cheats to be able to play (on my old computer, my sims would 'get stuck' and wait for an hour or more before starting any task, which made even basic needs impossible to fulfill without cheats. >>
Anyway, I've been so happy with it now that gameplay is as smooth as it's supposed to be, but I've run into a new problem in the last day or so. Every couple minutes (sometimes as often as every 30 seconds or so), the whole game will freeze for about 10-20 seconds (well, all the characters will freeze, time will stop, and I am not able to interact with anything, but environmental features will continue (swaying trees, falling snow, running water, etc)). I have no idea why it suddenly started doing it and restarting the game didn't help (It actually seemed to make it worse >> ).
Does anyone else have this sort of problem? It's getting really annoying and I'd like to fix it if I can. :/

Mine does this too. It gets pretty annoying >.>

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 am

No problem! (: It took me about six months to figure out how to fix it, honestly.

For me with the Unicorns, my only problem is their dang teleporting... When it is night time I normally put the horses in the stall inside the barn and in the morning my Sim lets them out, but they always teleport out, even when they're still tired.

Click either picture to check out the Pokemon Fan Fiction I am writing! The account is just starting up so I would love any support you can give!(: "Only You" involves a romance and "Snagged" is just simply an adventure to get a Pokemon back.

Chapter 1 to Only You was published on 10/29/14 which is my Latest update on it.

Again, just click either cover picture to read the book! Any votes or comments would be greatly appreciated!(:
ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenshi&akuma » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:58 am

•Samus• wrote:
June Bug wrote:I finally got Sims 3 on my new laptop and it's been running fabulously~ I can actually play properly now and not rely on cheats to be able to play (on my old computer, my sims would 'get stuck' and wait for an hour or more before starting any task, which made even basic needs impossible to fulfill without cheats. >>
Anyway, I've been so happy with it now that gameplay is as smooth as it's supposed to be, but I've run into a new problem in the last day or so. Every couple minutes (sometimes as often as every 30 seconds or so), the whole game will freeze for about 10-20 seconds (well, all the characters will freeze, time will stop, and I am not able to interact with anything, but environmental features will continue (swaying trees, falling snow, running water, etc)). I have no idea why it suddenly started doing it and restarting the game didn't help (It actually seemed to make it worse >> ).
Does anyone else have this sort of problem? It's getting really annoying and I'd like to fix it if I can. :/

Mine does this too. It gets pretty annoying >.>

Mine doesn't and I have loads of cc

tenshi&akuma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 am

TrueHeartedRusher<3 wrote:For me with the Unicorns, my only problem is their dang teleporting... When it is night time I normally put the horses in the stall inside the barn and in the morning my Sim lets them out, but they always teleport out, even when they're still tired.

Ugh, I hated that too, but that was just one of the things I hated about the stables. I build custom stables now instead of buying them. They look a lot nicer, provide more realistic sheltering can be decorated, and (when built as a 6x6 space) have enough room for a trough, several small hay bales, and two horses.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 am

I never even thought about doing that! I'm going to have to try the next time my Sims ever have a Horse xD

And my Sims' dog just had her puppies, but I'm sad to say none of them turned out cute :/

ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 am

The only downsides are that you can't clean them for fertilizer and if you want to breed them, you either have to take your mare to the equestrian center, or buy a stall (and then delete it afterward xD ). But omg, I can never go back to the game-stalls. They bug the poo out of me, lol.

Puppies! Don't you hate when they look funny? :/ Especially if the parents look like they should have had adorable babies.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElevatingHearts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 am

I normally just adopt one horse at a time xP Anytime I have more than one it never turns out right with me cause they stop taking care of their selves. And when my Sims have babies and toddlers to take care of, I don't want to have to constantly take care of the horses xD

And yeah! Only one (which is the only girl) turned out cute. I think when they age up I'm going to customize their fur a bit to where they look more cute

ElevatingHearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me