░▒▓▌Pixel Petz (iOS/Android)▐▓▒░ » Now Available!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.8.3 ~ Rly big change

Postby NovaSkye » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:52 am

Lil mark, I look forward for the Android release ^o^
I used to love this site. I was very active, helped around with LO/LO, and engaged in the adopt communities. I found myself losing interest and seeing more toxicity on here and from people here over on other websites. I don't find myself on here anymore and I doubt I'll come back. To my friends: I miss you. I hope you're well. Hopefully 2020 gets better for us. See you on the other side.
NovaSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 am

I just wanted to drop back here and tell my story with this game c:
I joined CS right around the time this got released, and, of course, I thought it was cute, so I downloaded it. The biggest problem back then was that the game was WAAAAY too difficult. I played it actively for about a week before giving up and, a month or so later, deleting the app. I had made a fair amount of progress, but I thought it just wasn't the game for me. Skip ahead to the beginning of January when I saw some Rainbowtail support stickers in someone's signature and I thought "Hey, that game was fun. I wonder what's been added recently?" Well, long story short, I downloaded the game again almost a month ago and OH BOY, I'm hooked! I absolutely LOVE the changes you made to how gemlings are activated! The game is much more fun, fast paced, and just overall entertaining. I'm much farther in the game then I was before, and I am currently stuck on level 9 of Forest 6 qwq (Anyone have any hints on that by the way? xD) I really like the new evolution method, and I LOVE HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS TO GET GEMBEANS, GEMLINGS, AND CRYSTALS, OML. As a matter of fact, I've fallen so in love with this game after you guys completely redid the mechanics, I decided to buy the starter pack yesterday! (My legendary was a Cubice and I couldn't be happier. He's so cute <3)

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I would 100% rate this game 5/5 stars. It is millions of times better than it was when I last played!

I have a few little suggestions though!
  • Naming our Gemlings! I know it wouldn't really serve much purpose because you would never actually see the names aside from when you are editing your team, but I like being able to nickname my little creatures. I feel more connected to them like that <3
  • Slightly higher max level? Nothing crazy like 50 or something but more like 5-10. I play the game for 15 minutes and any level one gemlings I did have are level 3 by the end of my play session >w<
  • Some sort of board clear bonus! I thought of this a few days ago, and one of my own personal goals whenever I beat a level is to clear any remaining gems during the rainbow rush. I think it would be nice if we got some sort of little reward for clearing all the gems at the end of the level! It be anything from a crystal, to 50 gembeans, to a silver treasure chest, I don't care. I just think that would be a nice addition.

All in all, this is definitely one of my favorite games in the AppStore and I'd love for you guys to keep doing what you're all doing! Keep up the awesome work <3
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:36 pm

HyperPikaGirl wrote:I just wanted to drop back here and tell my story with this game c:
I joined CS right around the time this got released, and, of course, I thought it was cute, so I downloaded it. The biggest problem back then was that the game was WAAAAY too difficult. I played it actively for about a week before giving up and, a month or so later, deleting the app. I had made a fair amount of progress, but I thought it just wasn't the game for me. Skip ahead to the beginning of January when I saw some Rainbowtail support stickers in someone's signature and I thought "Hey, that game was fun. I wonder what's been added recently?" Well, long story short, I downloaded the game again almost a month ago and OH BOY, I'm hooked! I absolutely LOVE the changes you made to how gemlings are activated! The game is much more fun, fast paced, and just overall entertaining. I'm much farther in the game then I was before, and I am currently stuck on level 9 of Forest 6 qwq (Anyone have any hints on that by the way? xD) I really like the new evolution method, and I LOVE HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS TO GET GEMBEANS, GEMLINGS, AND CRYSTALS, OML. As a matter of fact, I've fallen so in love with this game after you guys completely redid the mechanics, I decided to buy the starter pack yesterday! (My legendary was a Cubice and I couldn't be happier. He's so cute <3)

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I would 100% rate this game 5/5 stars. It is millions of times better than it was when I last played!

I have a few little suggestions though!
  • Naming our Gemlings! I know it wouldn't really serve much purpose because you would never actually see the names aside from when you are editing your team, but I like being able to nickname my little creatures. I feel more connected to them like that <3
  • Slightly higher max level? Nothing crazy like 50 or something but more like 5-10. I play the game for 15 minutes and any level one gemlings I did have are level 3 by the end of my play session >w<
  • Some sort of board clear bonus! I thought of this a few days ago, and one of my own personal goals whenever I beat a level is to clear any remaining gems during the rainbow rush. I think it would be nice if we got some sort of little reward for clearing all the gems at the end of the level! It be anything from a crystal, to 50 gembeans, to a silver treasure chest, I don't care. I just think that would be a nice addition.

All in all, this is definitely one of my favorite games in the AppStore and I'd love for you guys to keep doing what you're all doing! Keep up the awesome work <3

thank you so much for the kind review! that's really encouraging to hear. :') we've also been having better feedback at gameshows since the autoblast change, and even won 2nd place at this month's GMGC indie app event! but having a player like you confirm that is really rewarding. thanks again, means a lot to us.

as for your suggestions, I'll definitely pass it on to the team. board clear bonus sounds cute! although, all these things will come after Android, so we don't need to code things twice. we'll probably start taking closed beta testers soon, maybe in a month? it's coming. >0<

---
2.8.4: newest update just addresses the "empty levels" bug (clicking into a zone shows nothing). if ANYONE is still experiencing this, please speak up! we thought we fixed it a couple patches ago... T__T
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rainbowtail - 2.8.4 ~bug fixes

Postby hawkfire102 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:29 am

I'm really looking forward to this game for Android. My girlfriend started playing it when I told her about it and she's absolutely hooked! Keep up the good work! :D

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 am

I can play all the levels since the last update!! Yay!! And I didn't have to Uninstall reinstall actually so that fix worked out better than y'all thought!
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sm;)e » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Playing this on my iPad with my sister. Can't wait for the android release! :D
Trade me!

I recently came back after a long break so any trade suggestions are truly welcome! Don't be afraid to poke me for a trade^^

Also... Pickles
Sm;)e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barb_ » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Sketchi! Has there been any thought about making theses guys available to collect too? Like maybe though Robeanhood free draws or in the store?

I'd love to add them to my collection.
Barb_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sketchi » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:33 am

yep, that's definitely planned! more info on that later though, not yet ready to say anything. ;3
sketchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby POSTAL 2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:20 am

Ummm hi, in the next update can we make it so we can pick our starter? I dont wanna sound like im "Ripping off of Pokémon" but when the google play version is released i would love to pick the fire one.

max | any neoprns/him | may 5 | adult | i like to um. half,ife

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
POSTAL 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnycatz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 am

Since the phone was updated, I've been able to play levels! Hooray! However, I can no longer access the daily calendar. Although I have an internet connection, it says that I don't and therefore I cannot access it. Just letting you know in case others are having this issue.
I read all comments, even if I don't respond!
Sorting my groups. Or trying to. Send help
tawnycatz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me