obscure cartoons/animation thread

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: obscure cartoons/animation thread

Postby Saiun » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:42 am

I don't remember the third season being particularly terrible, although I think the first season was probably the best. I remember the show having themes of humankind encroaching on nature and survival as a wild animal. The first season shows their perilous journey to a nature reserve called White Deer Park. I read that it covers the events of the book in that season, but the second and third seasons are new content.
MALE / ADULT / LIFE IS WEIRD ... REALLY WEIRD
Saiun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ike » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:45 am

I have not heard of Clang Invasion. It definitely gives off typical ‘2000s Canadian Flash cartoon’ vibes that a lot of these forgotten shows often are.

Anyways, back in the 2000s/early 2010s Nicktoons used to air a lot of imported stuff as filler instead of actual Nicktoons. (Nowadays they don’t even do that. Seriously, the modern Nicktoons schedule is horrific.) Someone already mentioned The Secret Show but there was also Corneil & Bernie which starred an intelligent, snobby dog with a British accent and had to keep his smarts a secret so he could continue to be spoiled by his owners.

And then there were the shows that were produced specifically for Nicktoons rather than being imports. Kappa Mikey is definitely a time capsule of how Americans (or westerners in general) viewed anime in the 2000s, for better or worse.

Disney XD could also get weird sometimes. A holdover from Jetix was Yin Yang Yo!, which ran at the exact same time as the creator’s other show, Wow Wow Wubbzy!. Both shows also had similar art styles and had pink rabbits as characters.

Imports (mostly Canadian) were also common on that channel. I certainly remember Kid vs Kat, but I think Jimmy Two-Shoes was more interesting if only for the backstory behind its creation rather than the show itself.
Ike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:14 am

Ike wrote:I have not heard of Clang Invasion. It definitely gives off typical ‘2000s Canadian Flash cartoon’ vibes that a lot of these forgotten shows often are.

Anyways, back in the 2000s/early 2010s Nicktoons used to air a lot of imported stuff as filler instead of actual Nicktoons. (Nowadays they don’t even do that. Seriously, the modern Nicktoons schedule is horrific.) Someone already mentioned The Secret Show but there was also Corneil & Bernie which starred an intelligent, snobby dog with a British accent and had to keep his smarts a secret so he could continue to be spoiled by his owners.

And then there were the shows that were produced specifically for Nicktoons rather than being imports. Kappa Mikey is definitely a time capsule of how Americans (or westerners in general) viewed anime in the 2000s, for better or worse.

Disney XD could also get weird sometimes. A holdover from Jetix was Yin Yang Yo!, which ran at the exact same time as the creator’s other show, Wow Wow Wubbzy!. Both shows also had similar art styles and had pink rabbits as characters.

Imports (mostly Canadian) were also common on that channel. I certainly remember Kid vs Kat, but I think Jimmy Two-Shoes was more interesting if only for the backstory behind its creation rather than the show itself.

OH!! thank you for mentioning Jimmy Two Shoes! it was an absolute favorite of mine when i was younger and i remember some of the episodes :>
I remember loving Yin Yang Yo and Wow Wow Wubbzy as well, they were great bob boyle cartoons
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

"But what did I expect? You're a stupid, stupid idiot gamer like the rest."
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
◖current robot enthusiast◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mox » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:47 am

One of my most favorite shows of all time when I was younger was called Xiaolin Showdown. It's about a group of kids who are trained in different kinds of martial arts. I just remember really connecting to the cowboy

I also loved watching a stop motion series called The Koala brothers. Two koalas who fly in a plane help a bunch of animals that live in Australia.
We have had a DOOZY of a day...
Mox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:16 am

bump

◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:36 am

does anyone hear remember the show codename: kids next door?? it was like my favorite show as a kid lol

Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tropicalpeacock » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:01 pm

grayce! wrote:does anyone hear remember the show codename: kids next door?? it was like my favorite show as a kid lol

Yessss! I honestly still love this show! Super nostalgic! <3
Quick PSA! Hi. I'm back and ready to RP and please note that, though my replies may sometimes be slow, I'm always here if people need anything. <3 I only request a bit of patience with me and my replies as things offsite become busier. Thank you all for understanding and please stay safe and take care of yourselves! <3

Tropicalpeacock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonedonut » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:36 pm

bump

◖mint◗
◖she/they/any◗
lonedonut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pandaa » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Tropicalpeacock wrote:
grayce! wrote:does anyone hear remember the show codename: kids next door?? it was like my favorite show as a kid lol

Agreed!! That era of like cartoon network(I think) was so amazing!!
hi!! i’m pan :)
════════════════════
feel free to message me if you’d like!!
some of my current interests are my
ocs, writing, minecraft, horror games,
lots of music (especially lovejoy
currently), cryptids, drawing (mostly
digitally), space and stars, being too
silly and a whole lot more!! :)
════════════════════
soot ◡̈ cosmo ◡̈

mostly inactive!!
i come on sporadically!
pandaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Tropicalpeacock wrote:

it was so good!!! best cartoon era
Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me