πŸŒ•FFXIVπŸŒ•

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: πŸŒ•FFXIVπŸŒ•

Postby huskyhiccups » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:46 pm

I didn't know we had a FFXIV thread!!
    Hello!! I don't feel comfortable sharing my IGN here, but I'm a mentor Miqo'te on the Crystal DC. I've been playing for 5 years now. I started as a warrior main, but tanking ruins my joints and I find myself enjoying healing, specifically Astrologian, much more.
    I love doing savage and extreme content, but it's too risky with my medical condition, so I wait until it's older/unsyncable to take part in it, which makes me very sad. I also love running through roulettes, decorating my house, and crafting/gathering! <3

I'm currently working on my second crafter relic weapon from Endwalker. :)
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) β™‘
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet count β€’ my listo β€’ my FR

β€οΈοΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! β€οΈοΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sighs_alot » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:17 am

How is the moogle event going for everyone?
I got all the 100 tome ones I wanted so now I'm working on the lower ones! Been using the pvp grind and it's super fun!
Image.........

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
................sighs
she/they | adult | queer | artist
nature, drawing, animals, video games,
food, plants, rain, cartoons, coffeeImage
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
sighs_alot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:56 am

slghs wrote:How is the moogle event going for everyone?
I got all the 100 tome ones I wanted so now I'm working on the lower ones! Been using the pvp grind and it's super fun!

It's going good managed to get the mounts I wanted on my alt (did it why I was at my boyfriends :lol:) and I need to work on my main.
γ€Ž Chars β€’ Art Wanted β€’ Trades β€’ credit 』
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:53 pm

slghs wrote:How is the moogle event going for everyone?

Not going to lie, I've been slacking on it ;__;
    I've gotten about.. half of the stuff I want, I think. I'm finding it difficult to farm while working overnights; most are asleep on my server/DC when I'm up to farm lol
ImageImage
I love

huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:52 pm

What helps IMO to take some of the pressure off the moogle events is to order the list based off how likely you are to do the content the item is from, and how annoying/time consuming it would be to get it that way.

For example, for me the dogs were pretty easy since you can just unsync the fights. I'd consider it a lot more effort to farm 210 tomes to buy them than to just outright run these duties directly with an unrestricted party.

It's funny how situational it can get lol. Someone was asking me why I'm wasting my tomes on the orchestrions when I could just farm the dungeons n I'm like. Spamming dungeons? Ain't nobody got time for this. Then someone says they're saving for the toad glam and I'm like. Right. I'm spiders georg and my trophy stack of archaeotania horns is an outlier that shouldn't be counted.

I ended up exiting the event with several orchestrions, the world's cutest umbrella, and all the eureka/bozja lockbox items that I'm sure will now mysteriously start dropping for me after I gave in and bought them :P
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:16 pm

Very great advice!! ^ Definitely going to use it for myself.
    TBF, though, I haven't actually sat and looked at the list to identify what I want; I merely glanced/moused over to see what I had already unlocked vs. what I haven't. I already have all the extreme mounts, rewards from special fates, orchestrions, etc. cause I am a diehard completionist just for XIV and have been playing for five years. Hopefully it shouldn't be much work to get what I want/need. :)

Also, a question for anyone who does PVP at all (casual or serious/hardcore): What's your favorite class(es) for it? I can't seem to find one that I enjoy or mesh with. I currently bounce between AST, BRD, and DNC. DRG was also fun for a bit.
ImageImage
I love

huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 am

Haha yeah, the people in my circle who are into collecting/achievement hunting are more or less just sitting there stocking up on stuff that they wager will turn a profit down the line.

I was mostly thinking of how many run-ins i've had this time around with newer players chatting about how many tomes they still needed to buy all the stuff. It's a pretty intimidating list if you're newish and only look at it in terms of "how much of that am I missing".

I started playing in late ShB, and had so many cases of saying I wanted something that prompted a friend to tell me "we can just get you that now" xD
My first moogle event was Esoterics, and I vividly remember buying the Titan horse with my first batch of tomes, then hanging my head in shame upon finding out how easy it is to get that vs. buying the event exclusive falcon mount :'D
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:53 am

Shinryu wrote:Haha yeah, the people in my circle who are into collecting/achievement hunting are more or less just sitting there stocking up on stuff that they wager will turn a profit down the line.

I was mostly thinking of how many run-ins i've had this time around with newer players chatting about how many tomes they still needed to buy all the stuff. It's a pretty intimidating list if you're newish and only look at it in terms of "how much of that am I missing".

I started playing in late ShB, and had so many cases of saying I wanted something that prompted a friend to tell me "we can just get you that now" xD
My first moogle event was Esoterics, and I vividly remember buying the Titan horse with my first batch of tomes, then hanging my head in shame upon finding out how easy it is to get that vs. buying the event exclusive falcon mount :'D

I have the Gwibe mount and the Shoebill minion and the fat cat minion on my main :lol:
I picked up the hardest doggo mount ( Shinryu and Tsukiyomi ) through past event's but I did start to grind them in PF but had to many people get there own mounts then leave. Ran Suzaku 85 times before I got my own mount and that's only because the leader made sure I got it so I could go to bed ( it was 2 am my time and I had been there since 8 pm )or I might have stayed till I got it on a fair roll :lol:

Birb mounts me and some friends did unsyn Nidhog being the funniest on my Dark Knight with a low level healer ( level 60 :lol: )

I helped my mum get her horses and birbs with my alt character which was fun.
γ€Ž Chars β€’ Art Wanted β€’ Trades β€’ credit 』
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery