Accounts?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Accounts?

Postby Icesky » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Okay, I want to make an adoptable site real bad. But, the only problem is, I want people to be able to keep them on accounts. It would make it so much easier for me, and the other people. I would rather it be HTML or PHP, because I dont know any other codings (Heck, I barely know those!) I would MUCH rather PHP help because the tutorial Nick made would be perfect to use. I dont want to start an adoptable site until I learn a little more. I dont care about trading, etc. I would love for those to be developed after the site grows, but first accounts would be awsome. And all I would want it for the person to be able to view and get the codes. No groups/Trading/Renameing(Well, renaming would be nice, but not needed. HaHa.) Im not sure anyone could help me here, but if anyone could that would be amazing.
And there is a thread about this, but how do you get the names on the images? That would be awsome too! :3
If anyone is willing to help, thank you :3

If you dont know PHP, or HTML, but you know other account/adoptable codings be my guest and show me. But if you do, please show me the adoptables tutorial with it. Thanks.

~Icesky

P.S. I dont have adoptables yet, but I will start once I know what Im going to call them, etc. They probably wont be good either, but I will get better eventually x3
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Accounts?

Postby qhost » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 am

=o
I would love to know these things too, even if they do have complicated codes. I know HTML, but I don't know how this works. I already have a site which uses the PHP tutorial, but other than that there isn't any special features like accounts and names on the image etc. and it would be great to have those things.
*bookmarks thread and waits for reply*
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blacksquirrel950 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 am

Kiara wrote:I would love to know these things too, even if they do have complicated codes. I know HTML, but I don't know how this works. I already have a site which uses the PHP tutorial, but other than that there isn't any special features like accounts and names on the image etc. and it would be great to have those things.
*bookmarks thread and waits for reply*

*does exactly the same* I do know some PHP and a LOT of HTML, and I have my adoptables site, so I would like to know this also...

I saw this from the FAQ...

The adoptables work using some very complicated php coding which I am never going to try and explain to any of you so DON'T EMAIL ME ABOUT IT.

So Tess or Nick might tell us, or may not. I have no clue...
Hem hem. I'm back. ^^
ImageImage
Please click my dragons!

(Thanks, Mellina! :D)
blacksquirrel950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 am

I just want to know accouts in general. Even if the only way to keep the pet is to copy the given codes and paste them in a box on their page where they have to press 'Enter' and it shows up as the pet with the two codes. Even as simple as that. I just dont know Login/Logout codes, or how to make seperate URL for different user homepages, etc. Not even like CS x3 Unless of course a little like CS would be great, but a box with codes is all I really need. With loggins.
x
x

x

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue Icebox » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Hello IceSky,
I must tell you this: I have no clue how to make "accounts". Sorry.
I know you'd think copy/pasting codes by looking in view/page src would be better but they are NOT. Every website has their own way of making accounts and you have to write A LOT! like how to take away the "form" for logging in and replace it as a peice that say "your pets" "Profile" "Trades" "Logout" ect. But it wont really show that in some websites with superb ways to use html. Just for your info, it's very popular to use JAVA and in JAVA you won't really understand it so much so it's really hard. It has great ways to hide the things you're trying to look at, unlike html. Tessa did a great job at making logins from the Forum but it's very complicated. It must be a transfer to the other website and it has to transfer these informations back and forth continuously. Scary isn't it? I've been trying to find out how but... all JAVAscript. :cry: I'm so sorry that I don't know... You might want to look at the codes on Chickensmoothie and codes on CS FORUMS. You might find what you need. I would love to help but I've got school and I'm really busy. On India Ancient Civilizations, Continental Drifts, and other 6th grade things. I would like to research more on vacation though! I'll try notifying you when I get there. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Click: ImageImageImage
Make Clair famous and click her!
Blue Icebox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 am

Holy Crud we are doing the same thing x3 In school.

Javasript? Didnt think of that. I probably wouldnt understand it anyway. Im hoping to take a class in highschool for HTML, and PHP, but thats in a year or two. (A year to highschool, but two until I can take Highschool classes. Dont ask.)
But, Im not looking for forums and such. I can take a free forum site and connect it with a link or somthing. Other than that, I just want account for storing pets in any way possible. Or the easiest way, or somthing...
x
x

x

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:31 pm

In order to have accounts like the ones on CS, you'd have to make SQL databases and have them intrigrated with the php adoptable script that you'd be using. (AKA the php stuff that Nick explains in the tutorial.)

It's. Not. Fun. To. Even. Think. About. :/
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rachley » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:31 pm

wow... I would like to know how too...
but luckily my dad knows, since he's an advanced computer consultant XD
haha I'm not real smart when it comes to HTML and stuff like that.
My website is Icy Moon Adopts (icymoonadopts.webs.com) and I got a lot of help from Blue Icebox on the HTML
lol
β€’ ❆ β€’ ❅ β€’ ❆ β€’ ❅ β€’ ❆ β€’
adult user | friendly | walrus obsessed | christian | enjoys meditation
Rachley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me