Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby Tess » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:49 am

At Chicken Smoothie we strive to provide a safe and supportive environment for people of all ages. We are inclusive of all people regardless of gender identity, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, or culture.

When mixing diverse groups of people there are always differences of opinion, and personalities which clash. Occasionally this can lead to arguments, or in the worst cases - bullying and harassment.

We encourage users to report rude or offensive behavior, and to block users that are bothering them. Once we are aware of inappropriate behavior, we can take action.

Off-site Behavior
One issue we have always struggled with is what to do about CS users' behavior on other websites or chatrooms.

Our community has a lot of overlap with other pet websites, and there are several CS-related forums or chatrooms where our users gather. We often receive reports about bullying, harassment, or other rule-breaking activities generated from offsite messaging.

We have very limited powers to control what people are doing on other websites. However, when receiving serious reports about offsite harassment of CS users, it creates a moral dilemma about whether we ought to take action on the involved CS accounts.

From feedback we've received, it seems most CS users would be happy for us to take offsite behavior into consideration, particularly if it will allow us to put an end to vicious bullying or harassment of CS users.

Change to Rules
Going forward, we will take offsite behavior into consideration if we are made aware of CS users breaking our rules or targeting other users for bullying/harassment/scamming or account hijacking.

For example, if you are found to be participating in harassment of a CS user through another communication platform, you may be punished on CS for this behavior. Similarly, we will take action if we find offsite evidence of you using cheats or exploits to gain an unfair advantage on CS or to attack CS user accounts.

Please Be Safe
Bullying is a serious issue, which unfortunately affects most of us at some time in our life. If you or someone you know is being bullied on CS or elsewhere, please tell someone you trust. It is good to involve an adult or someone in charge (e.g. moderators) rather than trying to deal with the issue by yourself.

Please be careful when joining unmoderated communities such as smaller discord chats or forums. Without strictly enforced rules, these may ignore (or outright encourage) harmful messaging and bullying. We encourage CS users to keep their communication within CS so we can keep you safe and allow for easy reporting of problems.

If you are finding that the pressures of life have gotten to be a bit too much, it's time to ask for help. Wherever you are in the world, there are numbers you can call for crisis support if you need it.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rule Change targeting offsite bullying/harassment

Postby 002 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:36 am

Thank you so much! Please stay safe going forward, everyone! You are so important and loved!!!!

EDIT:
This post does not convey how happy and excited I am to see this, but seriously, thank y'all SO much for implementing this rule change, I'm sure that many people are excited to see it in action!
Last edited by 002 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endermiss » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:37 am

Does this include the salt blog on tumblr? It has a lot of hateful stuff on it
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tokoyami » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:43 am

Thank god.
XXXX//XXXX//XXXX
꧁•⊹٭"Because you’re a sky full of stars and I’m gonna give you my heart."٭⊹•꧂
© SqdPxl link link link link
text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text

Tokoyami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mew » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 am

Thank you so much for this

she | her
infj-t

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“I have no idea where this will lead us,
but I have a definite feeling it will
be a place both wonderful and strange.”

ㅤㅤㅤ― Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks

Mew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:48 am

endermiss wrote:Does this include the salt blog on tumblr? It has a lot of hateful stuff on it

And other popular cs discords? I notice a lot of issues with some very popular ones that contain cs staff, but the deep issues there never seem to be resolved, just covered up or swept aside by the admins of said server.

Also, does this mean we can now report users who use the black market sites to buy CS pets but have never had CS based evidence to report them?
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:53 am

Cløckwørk wrote:
    endermiss wrote:Does this include the salt blog on tumblr? It has a lot of hateful stuff on it

And other popular cs discords? I notice a lot of issues with some very popular ones that contain cs staff, but the deep issues there never seem to be resolved, just covered up or swept aside by the admins of said server.

Yes. We are aware of these groups and moving forward posts containing harassment / targeted bullying of users will be taken into consideration.

Also, does this mean we can now report users who use the black market sites to buy CS pets but have never had CS based evidence to report them?

Yes please report these cases.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cαtαstrσphe » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:55 am

Simon wrote:

Yes please report these cases.

I'll gather my evidence and make a report, thank you ♡
cαtαstrσphe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hubble » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:07 am

This was a much-needed update. Thank you to the staff team for updating with this today.
emptying this account out for art // voskhodd on discord, if you need me.
Hubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pochita » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:33 am

Thank you for this! We all need to spread love (:
Image.