Creating an adoptable website| Need help

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Creating an adoptable website| Need help

Postby P H I L » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 am

Hello, I’ve already finished the forum part of my adoptables site. However, I’m not sure if I can do the phb on proboards.com cause I don’t know any sites that already have phb installed in them. I was wondering if anyone could help me?
Staff Positions
·Transcendence (Admin)
·The Creature Emporium (moderator)
·Warriors Livez 2 (Admin)
Volux Foxes (moderator)
She/her·Writer
Coder·Artist

P H I L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Creating an adoptable website| Need help

Postby Restless » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:47 am

I'm not that familiar with phb but I'm gonna guess you did it backward. As in you need a php host and then can install phb to the php host. Many php hosts have one click forum installers included, even free ones.
Image Image
Pet's name: Mary
Owner's name: Restless
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Restless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P H I L » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:25 am

Restless wrote:I'm not that familiar with phb but I'm gonna guess you did it backward. As in you need a php host and then can install phb to the php host. Many php hosts have one click forum installers included, even free ones.

Hmm do you know any forums that have phb?
Staff Positions
·Transcendence (Admin)
Volux Foxes (moderator)
She/her·Writer
Coder·Artist

P H I L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Restless » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:18 pm

You can install a forum into any php host. Except, on second look, not proboards in particular. Doesn't look like you can install that forum on your own host, or use theirs with php.

But there's other forum software you could use like https://www.phpbb.com/

And if you need a free php host to mess around with there are lots out there. Here's one I just googled: https://infinityfree.net/
Image Image
Pet's name: Mary
Owner's name: Restless
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Restless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P H I L » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:43 am

Restless wrote:You can install a forum into any php host. Except, on second look, not proboards in particular. Doesn't look like you can install that forum on your own host, or use theirs with php.

But there's other forum software you could use like https://www.phpbb.com/

And if you need a free php host to mess around with there are lots out there. Here's one I just googled: https://infinityfree.net/

Oh awesome thank you so much!
Staff Positions
·Transcendence (Admin)
Volux Foxes (moderator)
She/her·Writer
Coder·Artist

P H I L

My pets
My items
My wishlist