Image Hosting for Growable Adoptables

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Image Hosting for Growable Adoptables

Postby beardies » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm

I really want to make growable adoptables that can be linked to on other forums. The problem is that almost all image hosting sites (including deviantart and imgur) randomize the url when uploading the files. This means I can't change the image file without completely changing the url - so pets linked won't grow up.

Photobucket used to be the go-to site, as it had the option to keep the same image url. Now it's unusable. I know people have suggested cubeupload, but that seems to be blocked on lots of pet forums where I'd want to link the adoptables. Are there any other image hosting sites that won't change the url when you change the image file?

Or, is it possible to make a website, upload the image there and then do it that way somehow? How would I go about that?

This is driving me crazy, hehe. If anyone can help me figure this out, I'll draw you something as a thank-you!
beardies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Image Hosting for Growable Adoptables

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 am

You can do this on google drive!
    Just upload your image, click it so it's selected, and then at the top of the page find the three dots drop-down button and select "manage versions":

You can upload a new version of the image, and it'll be hosted on the same url. You have to inspect element to get the image url of your image out of there since they won't let you just open the image in a new tab, but it's there!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beardies » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm

irisidium wrote:
    You can do this on google drive!
    Just upload your image, click it so it's selected, and then at the top of the page find the three dots drop-down button and select "manage versions":

You can upload a new version of the image, and it'll be hosted on the same url. You have to inspect element to get the image url of your image out of there since they won't let you just open the image in a new tab, but it's there!

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering, how do I get the image url exactly? I can't seem to figure it out, and I need the direct image url to use it on forums.
beardies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am

beardies wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering, how do I get the image url exactly? I can't seem to figure it out, and I need the direct image url to use it on forums.

Gonna go through it on Chrome, the process is about the same on firefox but let me know if you're on there and stuck, and I can show you!

So open the image up in your drive (think it was a double click)
    Right click next to it and click inspect

Hover over the divs until you find the one that highlights the image and click the small dropdown arrow to the left of it

Under that find the img scr link, right click it and click "open in new tab"

It's a bit tedious depending on how many adoptables you're doing, and there might be an easier way (I haven't bothered to google it at all so feel free to have a look) but that's just how I ripped mine when I was testing it out to see if it worked yesterday!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beardies » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm

irisidium wrote:
beardies wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering, how do I get the image url exactly? I can't seem to figure it out, and I need the direct image url to use it on forums.

Gonna go through it on Chrome, the process is about the same on firefox but let me know if you're on there and stuck, and I can show you!

So open the image up in your drive (think it was a double click)
    Right click next to it and click inspect

Hover over the divs until you find the one that highlights the image and click the small dropdown arrow to the left of it

Under that find the img scr link, right click it and click "open in new tab"

It's a bit tedious depending on how many adoptables you're doing, and there might be an easier way (I haven't bothered to google it at all so feel free to have a look) but that's just how I ripped mine when I was testing it out to see if it worked yesterday!

Wow, thanks so much for the help so far. I'm following along, but finding an issue with this method: image links need to end in '.png' '.jpg' etc to work on forums, whereas doing this will get the image location without that image file ending. Is there a way to kinda' add this to it?
beardies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me