url help?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

url help?

Postby SCP-049 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:03 pm

hi there! im really new to coding so this is probably a bit of a dumb question but ive noticed that when people make urls, often times theyre able to make the line beneath the url the same color as the text itself. ive figured out how to color the text itself, but the line beneath the url remains blue. here's an example.

the same applies to the urls in my signature, which im trying to keep relatively simple, but im very picky and its bothering me quite a bit that they arent the same color. ive seen many other people who manage to do this, so its obviously not impossible, but after spending some time messing around with it ive come to the conclusion that i just cant figure it out on my own. can someone please help me?? thank you so much!
Item #: SCP-049
Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-049 is contained within a Standard Secure Humanoid Containment Cell in Research Sector-02 at Site-19. SCP-049 must be sedated before any attempts to transport it. During transport, SCP-049 must be secured within a Class III Humanoid Restriction Harness (including a locking collar and extension restraints) and monitored by no fewer than two armed guards.
SCP-049

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: url help?

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Heya! Would you be able to give an example at all? Off the top of my head the only two line colours I can think of are black (before you click the link) and blue (after you've clicked the link).

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 pm

then equals into....

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com][color=#BF40FF]Chicken Smoothie[/color][/url]

then equals into....

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com][color=#BF40FF][size=75]Chicken Smoothie[/size][/color][/url]

Hope this helped you! pm me if you need more further help!!
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolly-chan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 am

The only thing I can think of is adding an underline to the text like so:

[url=www.chickensmoothie.com][color=#BF0000][u]Text[/u][/color][/url]

Example: Text

That only seems to work well in the signature, though, because the standard text size and distance between text and underline is different there. I can't seem to get the right text size for that to work in normal posts.
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SCP-049 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
this kind of thing is specifically what I'm talking about. theres no blue underline yet every time i make a link, it shows up blue regardless of the color of the text:
any idea why??

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-049 is contained within a Standard Secure Humanoid Containment Cell in Research Sector-02 at Site-19. SCP-049 must be sedated before any attempts to transport it. During transport, SCP-049 must be secured within a Class III Humanoid Restriction Harness (including a locking collar and extension restraints) and monitored by no fewer than two armed guards.
SCP-049

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:34 am

Had you previously clicked on those links? If youre on chrome that'll be why they're black. If not what browser are you on?

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SCP-049 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

irisidium wrote:
    Had you previously clicked on those links? If youre on chrome that'll be why they're black. If not what browser are you on?

im on chrome but no, i havent previously clicked on them. do they appear black to other people even though theyre blue to me?

SCP-049

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolly-chan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 am

The links in your signature have appeared black to me before I clicked them. After I visited the links, they became blue.
Since those are your topics, you have been to those URLs before, which means that you have visited them, which explains why they are blue to you.

Try this code:
 [url=www.chickensmoothie.com][color=#000000][u]Text[/u][/color][/url]

It should work in signatures.
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SCP-049 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

Rolly-chan wrote:
The links in your signature have appeared black to me before I clicked them. After I visited the links, they became blue.
Since those are your topics, you have been to those URLs before, which means that you have visited them, which explains why they are blue to you.

Try this code:
 [url=www.chickensmoothie.com][color=#000000][u]Text[/u][/color][/url]

It should work in signatures.

Thank you so much for clarifying!

SCP-049

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me