Pet site builders

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Pet site builders

Postby Yolomaster2100 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Tess wrote:sites like webs.com are decent free web hosts, but they're not specialty pet site builders which is what we are indexing for this topic

Xxweesie gamingxX wrote:hey tess do you remeber what site you made chickensmoothie on. i know that was in 2008 but wondering if you remeber....

this site wasn't made on any other web builder, it was written in code
i found this site ages ago it wasn't free or a pet builder but if you wanted the site to keep running you had to pay £5 a month is that what you did for chickensmoothie?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Editing......................
Yolomaster2100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby folie a deux » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Marking <3
┌──────┘☆└──────┐
xxx
➢ she/they
➢ adult
x
└────────────────┘
┌────────────────┐
x
da | fr | th
commissions
x
└────────────────┘
┌────────────────┐
x
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
x
└────────────────┘
folie a deux

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lance. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 am

~Time~ wrote:Okay, I have one more question. The site I want to create is based more on gene coding and breeding than adoptables that grow (ex. a site kind of like felisfire). How would I upload it to where you could change the different markings on each species? ( I know I have to draw each marking seperate and upload it seperate) but how would I be able to upload it to where the markings would change when the user set the specified marking? Also, how would I get said marking to be able to layer?
ImageImage
lance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pachoopi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 am

~Time~ wrote:
~Time~ wrote:Okay, I have one more question. The site I want to create is based more on gene coding and breeding than adoptables that grow (ex. a site kind of like felisfire). How would I upload it to where you could change the different markings on each species? ( I know I have to draw each marking seperate and upload it seperate) but how would I be able to upload it to where the markings would change when the user set the specified marking? Also, how would I get said marking to be able to layer?

A lot of server-side programming would be involved.

One way to do this would be to draw the base pet with the base colors (without markings), and then draw the markings as separate images. Store references to the file-names in the database, and [on the site] the user can choose the base color and markings by filling out a form or selecting from a list.

Once they submit the form, the references of the file names would be copied to a table in the database. This can then be used on-site as the user's customized pet.

Quick possible table structures:
    For the markings, you could store them as a table in your database. Something like this could work, although it is rather simple:

Table: pet_markings
    ID ------------ NAME ------------ FILEURL
    1 ------------ Stripes ------------ /markings/stripes.png
    2 ------------ Spots ------------ /markings/spots.png

Table: pet_bases
    ID ------------ NAME ------------ FILEURL
    1 ------------ Blue Base ------------ /bases/blue.png
    2 ------------ Pink Base ------------ /bases/pink.png

Table: user_pets
    ID ------------ OWNERID ------------ PETNAME ------------ PETSPECIES ------------ MARKINGID ------------ BASEID
    1 ------------ 30000 ------------------- Bob ------------------------ Dragon ------------------------ 1 ------------------ 2

On the site, the user can choose different markings and base colors, which would update their pet in the database. The info could then be selected from the database, and the images for base color and markings could be merged together and displayed on-site.

The marking images can be merged to the base image with PHP's GD library: http://php.net/manual/en/book.image.php

Another way would be to merge the images beforehand and then insert the new image's data into the database. Or you could somehow merge them and store the new pet image in your site's filesystem, and store a reference to the image in the database.
Pachoopi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lance. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Thank you so much! Do you have a suggestion on what kind of host server I could start this kind of site on, since it isn't a typical adoptables site? I don't want to pay for my own server until I know I can successfully create this.
ImageImage
lance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarlet.witch » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 am

When I regestred and signed in to make a website, some page came up that is called ww25.getgambit.com I have no flippin idea what that is. The page is just pure white and I cant get rid of it! Its so annoying!
HELP!
http://ww25.getgambit.com/Zm9yY2VTUg

Thats the URL ^^^

and now i just sit in
SILENCE
scarlet.witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I♫dream♪in♬harmonies » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 am

I tried a couple out- easyrpg doesn't work, once you log into your website it just brings you to an ad page and you can't get to your website again ;n;
Edit:
XxLostRougexX wrote:When I regestred and signed in to make a website, some page came up that is called ww25.getgambit.com I have no flippin idea what that is. The page is just pure white and I cant get rid of it! Its so annoying!
HELP!
http://ww25.getgambit.com/Zm9yY2VTUg

Thats the URL ^^^

That's exactly what happened to me, except ads were on the page instead of it just being white D: I tried again with a new site and it still didn't work. But if you go to the easyrpg website, you can see the sites that people have made! Maybe the other ending ('easyegg' or something) works...
Last edited by Agent Mulder on July 15, 1947 10:13, edited 1 time in total
Reason: I want to believe.

Quitting! Click for free stuff!
I♫dream♪in♬harmonies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ines. » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:59 pm

mark
Firm believer in Secularization
Ines.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yolomaster2100 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Note to tess:
I have gotten better with coding and found a £5 a month website and I got inspired by you to make a free to play pet website like chicken smoothie and I was wondering if I could make some things about it similar to chicken smoothie is that alright?

Editing......................
Yolomaster2100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Dreamy Coder » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 am

Crum wrote:Tess, I've created a guide to making a cool virtual pets site using myadopts.com, is that ok?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1481120
c:

I really find this helpful! But whenever I type myadopts.com, it redirects me to another game. But that's alright! At least I've learnt a few things from the thread you made. c:

The Dreamy Coder
The Dreamy Coder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me