Pet site builders

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Pet site builders

Postby Angelpuplover » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Every time you create a new site on Easyrpg and access it for the first time it redirects you to getgambit and will keep redirecting you there every time you try to access a page while you're logged in. It's weird because the site used to not do this and not all sites are doing this and when you're logged out you can use the site fine. Is there anyway I can stop the redirects, is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know where I can contact the easyrpg owner for help? These stupid redirects make the whole thing unusable and unplayable! :(
Angelpuplover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Angelpuplover wrote:Every time you create a new site on Easyrpg and access it for the first time it redirects you to getgambit and will keep redirecting you there every time you try to access a page while you're logged in. It's weird because the site used to not do this and not all sites are doing this and when you're logged out you can use the site fine. Is there anyway I can stop the redirects, is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know where I can contact the easyrpg owner for help? These stupid redirects make the whole thing unusable and unplayable! :(

You'll need to somehow contact those who manage EasyRPG, as there isn't much we can do over here to help you out.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bob the Ostrich » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:59 am

I tried using one of those and my computer shut down. I reboot it and it says it needs to check the disc. My computer might have viruses now, so I warn you, be wary.

I think it was MVPS.
Bob the Ostrich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bob the Ostrich » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 am

Please help. I tried using one of those sites, easyrpg.com, and it keeps on leading me to this random website! I cannot access my pet game... :|
Bob the Ostrich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colour_earth » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Thank you...I always wanted to make a site like this
Colour_earth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colour_earth » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:10 am

Question about making the pets. Did you make them on paint, photoshop?
Colour_earth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lance. » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:50 am

I don't have very much coding knowledge (none, actually) but I want to learn and was wondering if I started on a free host site (such as chickensmoothie.whatever.com) could I later move to my own host (such as chickensmoothie.com) once I learned and my site was up and running ?
ImageImage
lance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Programmer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:21 pm

~Time~ wrote:I don't have very much coding knowledge (none, actually) but I want to learn and was wondering if I started on a free host site (such as chickensmoothie.whatever.com) could I later move to my own host (such as chickensmoothie.com) once I learned and my site was up and running ?

The time and energy isn't worth it, TBH. I did that with Doomy, at some point, and Doomy completely collapsed. I am fairly experienced, and the move was too much.

Also, most sites that do the build-you-own do NOT allow you to move, since it's their code. I think MyAdopts is a good example of that. The only way to feasibly do what you are asking is if you build the entire thing yourself.

-----

I'm totally using KittoKittoKitto. I have the power to do the updating myself, I just need to get a better host than my current one... :lol:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly."
-
Administrator = Admin is traitor
-
P1: "Does anybody here knows python?"
P2: "Shhhh shhh shhhhh...."
P1: "The programming language..."
-
...Your name is Bill Gates, so why are you selling us Windows??...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MY ETSY
(buy stuff and support: Student Loan Payoff)

(LUD: 10/1/15)
Credit
I add snarky comments in size one font.

ImageImageImage
Programmer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:58 am

~Time~ wrote:I don't have very much coding knowledge (none, actually) but I want to learn and was wondering if I started on a free host site (such as chickensmoothie.whatever.com) could I later move to my own host (such as chickensmoothie.com) once I learned and my site was up and running ?

The simple answer is yes. If you host your website on a webhost (not an adoptable site creator), then you can later purchase a domain name and transfer your site to the domain. Be warned, I would not collect a large userbase before transferring, as it can cause issues. Instead I would start creating your site on a free webhost, work on the coding and learning, and then when you have a stable code and maybe 10-20 members to test, and then transfer to a domain before further building your user base.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lance. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Okay, I have one more question. The site I want to create is based more on gene coding and breeding than adoptables that grow (ex. a site kind of like felisfire). How would I upload it to where you could change the different markings on each species? ( I know I have to draw each marking seperate and upload it seperate) but how would I be able to upload it to where the markings would change when the user set the specified marking? Also, how would I get said marking to be able to layer?
ImageImage
lance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me