Lights On Lights Off | OVER

Create a topic here if you have pets or items to give away for FREE!

How did you like LOLO this year?

Awesome!
42%
Fun, but stressful.
44%
Eh, I didn't really like or dislike it.
6%
I liked last year better.
4%
I hated all the rules.
1%
It was horrible!
2%

Total votes : 144

Lights On Lights Off | OVER

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Image Lights On Lights Off Image
Halloween-based gifting game that runs during October; go trick or treating on Chicken Smoothie!

Table of Contents
| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | FAQ | Staff | Player List | Costume Help | Story Help | Signature Images |

Lights On Lights Off is now over

Do not send out any other Trick or Treat PMs. If you do receive any, you do not need to reply to them, they can be ignored. If you still have treats waiting to be accepted, we suggest allowing users the first week of November to accept those, if they don't after that, feel free to cancel them.

Official Fanclub | Discord Server

Image What is this?
    Lights On Lights Off (or LOLO) is a Halloween themed gifting game. It runs during the entire month of October. The general idea is, you get to go 'trick or treating' just like you do on Halloween, as well as receive trick or treaters. Its a fun way to get to gift people and receive gifts. We have been running this game every year since 2011, and on average 1,000 users join every year. The original idea came from a game by the same name that is played on Wajas (as well as other sites), but due to differences in the userbase and forums, the game is played differently here.

Image Lets get started!
    Before you jump in, its important to read up on all the information here. We have many rules in place to help protect the players, so following those rules helps you just as much as it helps the others you are playing with. If you are a new player, keep reading on and make sure you understand the next post! If you are returning and you already understand how to play, keep reading, and when you reach the next post you can skip that part and move onto the next! But don't skip anything else, we change rules and small things every year depending on what we find works the best, so you don't want to miss anything!

Image I Need Help!
    Having trouble understanding something, or you are confused about something? Have a question that isn't answered in the thread? Let us know! You can PM one of the thread staff, post on the thread, or ask on the fanclub. We would be more than happy to help you out, and if you need a more detailed explanation that what is on the thread, we would be happy to provide you with one! Don't be afraid to message any of the thread staff, we don't mind at all.

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How To Play

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Table of Contents
| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | FAQ | Staff | Player List | Costume Help | Story Help | Signature Images |

Image How to Play: A Basic Introduction
  • This game is basically an online version of trick or treating, designed specifically for Chicken Smoothie. This game involves picking one of your CS pets who will go trick or treating for this game. They'll dress up in costume just as you would do on Halloween to go trick or treating, then you will write a short story (10 sentence minimum) about your pet trick or treating. If you need any help with your costume or story, we have more info here, and would be happy to give one-on-one help as well.

• It may be best to visualize it like this: In order for you to go out trick or treating, you send your story about your pet trick or treating to another person who is playing. This is the online version of you walking up to someone's door, knocking, and saying 'trick or treat'. So thats what your story should include. That person you send the story to then responds with a trick, or a treat, just like Halloween. This works the same way if you receive a story from someone (more info on what exactly a trick and treat consist of below). Everyone who is playing will have 'Lights Off' or 'Lights On' in their signature. 'Lights Off' means that person isn't taking any trick or treaters right now. 'Lights On' means they are taking trick or treaters and you can send them your story!

Image So what do I need to do to play?
  1. First, pick out a single pet that you would like to use as your trick or treater
  2. Now, dress them up in some kind of costume. Remember, its Halloween, they should be dressing up as something they are not, not dressing up as themselves. It doesn't have to be specifically a Halloween-based costume though, they can dress up as pretty much anything. If you don't have anything that makes a good costume, or are having trouble making one, you can get a free costume from people listed on the 'Costume Help' post.
  3. Once you have your costume, you need to write your story. It needs to be, at minimum, 10 sentences. There is no max limit, but it is suggested not to make it so long you would need to scroll to read the whole thing. Generally, the story should end with your pet walking up to someone's door, knocking, and saying 'trick or treat'. If you need any help with your story, are having trouble starting it or getting it long enough, try reading the 'Story Help' post. You can also ask a thread staff member for one-on-one help.
  4. Once you have finished all of this, I suggest going over the rules one more time and double checking that your costume and story follow all of those rules. Once that is done, you can put everything into the form, and post your form on the thread. Once your form is approved you will be messages by a thread staff and you can begin playing when the game starts!

Image What is a 'trick' and what is a 'treat'?:
  • Trick: A trick means that you do not give them anything. You can choose based off of several things, some people give tricks because they didn't like the story or dressup, because they have nothing they want to gift, because it was a repeat trick or treater, and other reasons. When you trick someone, you simply respond saying 'trick' or with a short story response saying 'trick'. Rude/mean/creepy/gore/ect are not allowed in trick messages.
  • Treat: A treat means that you give them a gift. A treat can be anything so long as it is a gift. A single pet counts as a treat. Items are also allowed, as well as art but only if it is original, unique art drawn by you.

Image What do 'lights on' and 'lights off' mean exactly?:
  • 'Lights On': Think of it as real Halloween, if a house has its lights on, that means you can knock on their door and ask for candy. It is the same concept, Lights On means you can send them your story through PM and they will send you a trick or a treat back.
  • 'Lights Off': Lights Off means you should wait till later. Sometimes Light Off could mean they are restocking on pets, are trying to catch up on current PMs, they are not online right now, or are simply too busy at the moment.

Last edited by Celozon on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Table of Contents

Image Story, Pet, & costume Rules:

• With moderator approval, you may make changes to your pet and story only once after you start playing
    • YES: Double check that you are completely happy with your pet/story before posting your form
    • YES: Asking opinions from others in the fanclub on your pet/story before posting your form
    • YES: If you want to make changes, message a thread mod with the old and new costume and/or story
  • You may have multiple trick or treaters in your story, but may only show an image of one
    • NO: Have multiple images of all your trick or treaters
  • Gore and violence are not allowed in a pet's costume or in the story
    • NO: Items suggestive of blood used in excess (red paint/dye), NEVER allowed on ears, eyes, or mouth
    • NO: Gore/violence that is only suggested, but not specifically described
    • NO: Pets dressed as a character from a gore/violence heavy, or otherwise not child-friendly show/book/movie/ect.
    • YES: Show a thread mod what you would like to do and see if its ok
  • Your story must be at least 10 sentences long, and must include an image or link to your trick or treater

• You cannot have the door open to the house you are trick or treating at in your story
    • NO: Hearing/seeing the person/animal behind the door
  • You must have a 'Lights Off' text clearly visible in your signature before you post your form. You may only turn your lights on after your form has been accepted and the game has started
    • YES: Help mobile users who have trouble seeing signatures; put it in the 'interests' section of your profile too
    • YES: Using text or images to show this in your signature. Check out this post for free images you can use
    • NO: Making it very small, in very light text, hidden/hard to find in a busy signature, or in the middle of a paragraph
  • Your form must be accepted before you can start playing. You will be PMed to let you know if it was accepted or not
    • NO: Reposting your form. This is not ever needed
    • NO: Posting a WIP form
    • YES: Wait 24 hours from the time your form was posted to be accepted. If you are not by then notify a thread-mod

Image Game & Posting Rules:
  • Be polite and considerate to other users. We won't tolerate rudeness!
  • Posts must be on-topic. No 'bump', 'marking', 'lights on', ect, or any kind of spam.
  • Do not answer gameplay questions. Leave these for a thread-mod to handle.
  • You must reply to all trick or treaters. If it is a trick you still need to reply. If your lights were off, tell them so. You must reply.
  • If your ToT PM is not answered after 2 days, you may resend (only if their lights are on).
  • You may only trick or treat at each house once, unless otherwise specified in their signature.
  • You must keep track of who you trick or treated with. Check this post for suggestions on how to keep a list.
  • Report all rule-breakers to thread-mods. This include people sending ToT PMs who are not on the list, people who have stories or dressups that do not follow the rules, people without 'lights on/off' in their signature, ect.

Image Form
    Please double check that you have read and understood all the rules above. Almost every single declined form is declined for a rule stated above. If you are unsure if your form is ok, have a question, or need help with something, message a thread mod.
    Code: Select all
    Username:
    How did you find LOLO this year?:
    Trick or Treater:
    Story:

I have read and understood the rules. I have ensured that my form follows the rules and agree to follow these rules for the remainder of the game.

Last edited by Celozon on Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Image Frequently Asked Questions:

Player List FAQ

I'm not on the list and I was accepted!
      We do not update immediately after accepting people, sometimes it takes a little while because we are doing many people, or the person who accepted you does not have the power to update the list. The list will be updated soon, you only need to notify us if users accepted AFTER you are on the list and you aren't.

I changed my username, will you update it on the list?
      No. We place the IDs next to the username as an easy way of finding a user, changing usernames is unnecessary and too much work.

I can't find this person on the list
      First search their user ID. To find out a user's ID, go to their profile page, and on the URL bar, and the very end of the URL there will be numbers. Copy these numbers, then go to the player list and search those numbers using Ctrl+F. If you still can't find them, you can report them to a thread mod. They may have been accepted and the list wasn't updated yet, but it is best to report them in case they weren't. Do not ignore their PM, you can let them know you are checking with the thread-mods before giving a trick/treat.

Someones sig doesn't have 'lights on' or 'lights off'
      Are you on mobile, using Safari on Mac, or using Google Chrome? These have been known to sometimes cause problems with signatures and cut off part of the signature, especially if the person has large images and/or lots of coding. Check their interests first. If none of this applies, you can pm a thread-mod with a link to their profile to get it checked out. [b]Do NOT send trick or treat PMs if you cannot see someone's lights status!

Trick or Treating FAQ

What if I don't want to trick or treat? Just give out treats to other people.
      You are allowed to do this, just let us know on your form when you fill it out that you will not be trick or treating. You will not be required to give us a costume or story, just leave those areas blank. You will still need to follow all other rules that apply to giving tricks/treats. If you change your mind later and want to start trick or treating, you can fill out a new form, but you MUST state clearly that you applied before to just give out tricks/treats, so that we don't end up putting you on the list twice.

I keep hearing about 'trick' and 'treat' stories, what are they, and do I have to make one?
      These are stories some people use to respond to 'trick or treat' PMs, usually they will follow where your story leaves off, having the door open and a treat being given, or a trick may be given. You don't have to make one if you don't want to, but a lot of players enjoy making and reading them. There are no rules for these except for the basic rules that cover the whole game, no excessive gore or violence, and no rudeness. If you have a pet in these stories it does not need to be in costume.

What if I don't want to give tricks?
      That is your decision, but tricks are not 'mean' to give, the purpose of you having the choice of giving a trick or a treat is to give you the freedom to choose if you want to gift someone or not. When you are PMed you are essentially being asked to gift that person, and you always always have the choice to say no. You are not obligated to gift someone if you don't want to.

I keep getting a lot of tricks! Why is this happening?
      It may be because of your story or dressup. Make sure that they are both following all of the rules, and that you have your lights on/lights off text clearly visible in your signature. If all of this is ok, it might be because people do not like your story or dressup. If you are getting more tricks than treats, and you think it is because people don't like your story/dressup and you would like to change them, you can ask a thread-mod about making a change to them. Please remember that we will only allow you to make one change over the course of the game.

FAQ for Staff

I'm really afraid of breaking the rules!
      It's alright! You don't need to be scared, we are very nice, and we can understand the difference between someone making a mistake and someone purposefully not following a rule or being rude. I have never had more than 2-3 users each year I have had to ban or tell them they need to leave. If you don't try to make trouble, you have nothing to worry about! Just do your best to follow the rules, and if you make a mistake, its ok!

I have a problem/want to report something, but I'm afraid of bothering the thread-mods!
      We all volunteered for this, and we are very willing and happy to help you out! Don't be afraid to PM us! There is extra information on thread-mods on this post, it will let you know which of us have the most time available to help you out and who you should PM for certain things.

I thought gifting games like these were no longer allowed?
      I had to get permission specifically from an admin in order to be allowed to continue running this game (even before I was a General Helper), and I ensure that I renew that permission every year. I am very careful that this game is run properly, making sure that our rules as well as site rules are followed and that users do not feel forced into giving gifts. It is always possible that permission will not be given again in the future and it is by no means assumed. But as long as it is allowed I will do my best to keep this game running as cleanly as possible, which is why we have a low tolerance for rule breakers.

Do you know about >insert name of similar gifting game<?
      I know there have been some similar games in the past which use the same principles of this game, either on here or on other sites. However I do not participate in these and most likely won't know anything about them if you have a question about them. I do not know the people who run them nor can I answer any questions concerning their rules and gameplay. I have no problem with others using this idea. I do not own it or claim to own it. If you want to use this idea on another site, that is fine with me. I appreciate being told about it, but you don't have to. If you do use this idea though, do not copy-paste this thread. I am fine with you using the same idea, but please modify it for your own uses. I'm uncomfortable with people using my own exact/near exact writing and ideas. I heavily modified this game for CS and I can promise it would need to be changed up for any other site as well. If you have questions about this, please PM me.

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thread Staff

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Table of Contents

Image Thread Staff:

Celozon [owner]
    (US Time, EST) Usually available daytime, early morning to late evening. However, replies may be slow if I'm in class.

Lacuna [co-owner]
    Available 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm MST weekdays and all day on weekends.

britneyrox

Burrito Bunny

Image Ghost Moderators:

xxxSimon

Nadine

Ashki
    (US Time) Available afternoons and nights 7 days a week.
    Usually offline in the morning Monday through Friday

lucky333123
    [You may PM this mod to ask questions, but no form/costume/story related questions]
    (US Time) Monday & Wednesday have limited availability.
    Active Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Usually offline after 10pm PST

Image Whats a Ghost Mod?
    In its simplest form Ghost Mod refers to a thread moderator that is not as active as the regular thread mods in doings forms and updates, and therefore is not available for PMed questions. All PMs should be directed at regular thread staff, unless you are responding to a PM sent by a ghost mod. Ghost mods are still considered thread staff and will help around the thread and show up on the thread. They are still to be treated with the same respect as any thread staff. Ghost mods may later becomes regular thread staff if or when they have the time available to do so.

Image What if I need to PM a mod and there are only ghost mods online?
    Please PM Celozon or Lacuna. We are the default people you should PM if no one is online. Ghost mods may not have the time or resources to help you, meaning it may take even longer to get an answer. Only PM a ghost mod if you are replying to a PM they sent to you or they otherwise told you to PM them.

Image Who do I contact?
    Below are the most common things you may need to contact us about, if you need help in another area not mentioned below, it is best to contact Celozon.

• Any thread moderators: General questions, rule breakers, help with stories or costumes
  • Celozon or Lacuna only: Disputes or arguments with other players
  • Celozon only: Suggestions

Also check for these first:
  • It is something serious and needs immediate attention, contact any thread mod currently online, or if none are, Celozon or Lacuna
  • It is something that breaks CS rules (ex. bullying), don't message us, send a help ticket or report the post

Image Tips for Messaging us:
    Make sure you state your point/question clearly and completely. If you have a question, tell us what specifically your question is about. If you want to report something, give us all the information you can. Profile links, as well as quoting any relevant conversations and messages will help us respond to the problem faster. Think about anything we may need to know and try to give us that. There is no such thing as giving us too much info!

Examples:
    NO: "I need help on my story"
    YES: "I am having trouble writing the beginning of my story, do you have any tips?"

NO: "Someone's story has too much violence."
    YES: "Someone's story includes a lot of violence and I think it might break the rules. Here is their username and link to their profile. I have quoted their story for you below."

NO: "This user is being rude to me."
    YES: "This user is being rude to me, here is their profile link. I have quoted our entire conversation for you below"

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Player List

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 am, edited 66 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Player List cont.

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 am, edited 24 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Costume Help

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Table of Contents

Image How to Pick a Costume:

Do:
  • Use any items you like, doesn't have to be specifically meant for costumes
  • Make costumes that aren't Halloween-oriented (ex. not using typical 'halloween' costumes like ghost, vampire, witch, etc)
  • Get a costume from the players listed at the bottom of this post if you don't have any costumes
  • Re-use costumes from previous years
  • Use scenery after the costume is complete
  • Be creative!

Don't:
  • Use random scenery items without putting an actual costume on your pet
  • Beg for costumes and items from people
  • Use a pet's design as its costume, or have the pet dress up as themselves
  • Use excessive amount of 'blood' items, or place them around ears/eyes/mouth.
  • Suggest gore/violence with your costume

Things to Remember:
  • Especially creepy costumes or costumes that suggest gore or violence are not allowed. Things like basing your pet off a character in a show/movie/book/ect who's entire purpose is creepy/gore/violence is also not allowed. Please remember this is a children's site; keep everything PG.
  • If you think your costume might not be easily recognizable, or if its a character from a show, movie, book, ect. (even if its a character from a popular series like Harry Potter), you should say what your pet is dressing up as in your story.
  • If you are not sure if your costume is good or not, you can PM one of the thread staff members or post on the fanclub thread asking for opinions.
  • You can't change your costume after the game starts, so choose carefully. Try to spend some time on your costume, make sure you are satisfied with how it looks. I know your excited to get to play, but remember you'll have the whole month of October, don't use a costume you'll regret later.

Image Examples:

Not Acceptable
    The pet is not actually dressed up. The 'costume' is part of the pet's design.

Acceptable
    Though it has a lot of scenery items, it is wearing the mummy costume, making this a good dressup to use.

Acceptable
    Normally just a partial costume may not be allowed, but since rats are smaller, just this would be considered a complete enough costume.

Not Acceptable
    This pet does not have a costume on, there are just scenery items.

Not Acceptable
    This pet is not dressed up as anything, it just has some accessories on.

Image Free Costumes:
    Have trouble finding a costume, or don't have anything to use as a costume? Below are some people who have volunteered to give away costume items to people to need them. All of these are completely free, you do not need to give anything in return. It is appreciated if you give the costumes back so they may be given out again next year, but you do not have to. Please be sure to read and follow their terms.

If you would like to be added to this list, please PM Celozon with any terms or conditions you have. You may ask to be removed at any time if you no longer wish to give out costumes.

Username: Celozon
    Terms: I will only give out costumes to users who do not have any. I will not count any free store items or items from the last summer event. I will check your items and if I determine that you already have enough I won't send you a costume. You may pick what you would like from me. I have suggested costumes here.
    • Do not take non-costume items. This includes food, non-essential accessories, scenery backgrounds, pets, toys, ect. You may take some ONLY if I specifically said so on my suggested costumes post, and only the items I stated could be taken.
    • Do not take more than one costume. You should not need multiple wigs, dresses/shirts, contacts, ect.
    • Try to find or think of a specific costume you want, and let me know what you plan on so I can let you know if the items will be enough, or help you find additional ones.
    • Please remember to be respectful of me and other players. I spend a lot of time and pets getting these items each year so that you can get a costume you'll enjoy. And please remember that there are many people in need of costumes, don't ask for costumes if you don't need them.

Username: cyberdragon725
    Terms:
    • Only take items you need for a specific costume. I expect you to already have an idea and for you to tell me your idea during the trade. This allows me to not only make sure your items will work but if I have other items available that could help, I can show you those as well.
    • DO NOT Ask for store items. I purchased those for a reason.
    • You are only allowed to take 1 item per area. For example, you are not allowed two hats, two dresses, etc.
    • There will be some items I am unwilling to part with and, if I tell you so, I ask you do not complain nor bother me for those items. I am willing to work out a substitute for you, should the need arise.
    • If you are struggling to find items or a costume, I am willing to help you with that. Simply send me a message and I will do my best to help you find the best costume available for your trick or treating needs.
    • I do request that as many items as possible be returned to me at the end of LOLO, so I can hold onto them and use them again next year.

Username: Chamomile.
    Terms:
    •Please have an idea for your costume in mind, and include what it is in your trade message. This helps me make sure the items you are asking for are needed, and so that I can possibly suggest others.
    •I would appreciate if the items are sent back at the end of LOLO, so they may be reused next year by others.
    •I will check to see if you really need the items or not, and may deny them to you if I feel that you have plenty of items to make a costume with.
    •You are welcome to ask for scenery items such as flowers and food, however I may remove a few if you ask for more than is really needed for your costume.
    •Don't ask for multiple of the same type of item, such as multiple hats, shirts, etc. I'm more lenient with scenery items, if it makes sense for the costume.
    •There are some items I would like to keep. If you choose one of these I will try to find a substitute for it, however that isn't always possible.

Username SkyPoppy
    Terms
    • only take from the costume area. No costumes are off limits.
    • only take one costume set
    • do not trade costumes
    • return costumes to me by November 10th
    • be greatful!
    • be creative - feel free to mix and match pieces

Last edited by Celozon on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story Help

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Table of Contents

Image Writing Your Story:

Do:
  • Describe your character and things around them.
  • Create an environment that affects how your pet trick-or-treats.
  • Be creative in how you trick-or-treat.
  • Write at least 10 sentences.
  • Try creating a longer story without making it boring to read.
  • Include a picture or link to your trick-or-treater.
  • Keep in mind that some users answer the door with a character and story.
  • End your story with your pet saying "Trick or Treat!"

Don't:
  • Have little or no punctuation in your story.
  • Use repetition that states the same information over and over.
  • Use the same words over and over, such as "was" in every sentence.
  • Create any themes that might not be suitable for younger children.
  • Change your story once it's been used.
  • Take control of the reader's possible character who answers the door or story.

Image Starting Points:

You wish to grab the reader's attention. An introduction that catches their eyes will help you in the long run. Below I will list some basic ideas you can play around with. If you don't like any of these, you can make up your own.
  • A pet who is getting ready for Halloween by dressing up or picking out a costume.
  • A pet who has run into a friend while trick-or-treating.
  • A pet who encounters something good or bad while walking to the next house.
  • A pet who has just left their house and is now on his/her way to the first house.
  • A pet who was at first scared for his/her first trick-or-treating outing, but later was excited.

Image Body:

Your next paragraph or so should revolve around your introduction. It needs to build on top of what you've already written and provide new information that further captures your readers.
  • Your pet, who was first seen getting ready, has now headed out the door to go trick-or-treating.
  • Your pet has spoken to his/her friend and has now parted ways or has decided to hang out with them later that evening. (Not while trick-or-treating.)
  • Your pet has reacted in a proper way to whatever he/she encountered.
  • Your pet is walking along, using descriptive elements to describe his/her surroundings.
  • Your pet is overcoming the initial fright and is getting excited about the treats he/she might receive.

Image Closing Statement/Paragraph:

You will need to end your story in a manner that doesn't leave your reader hanging. Remember, we're here to trick-or-treat, not write a cliff hanger. You'll need to avoid confusing your reader. You should end with something along the lines of your pet visiting the reader's house.
  • Your pet has found the house he/she wishes to walk up to and is last seen knocking on the door and saying "Trick or Treat!"
  • Your pet and his/her friend have already parted ways, so your pet is trick-or-treating at someone's house before heading over to his/her friend's.
  • Your pet, whether happy or sad, has walked up to the reader's door and speaks in a way that represents his/her emotions.
  • Your pet is describing the house he/she has walked up to and ends the story by using description to show how he/she trick-or-treats.
  • Your pet is last seen trick-or-treating at a house while description is used to describe how excited your pet really is.

Last edited by Celozon on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Image Keeping a List of Users Visited:

You are required to keep a list of everyone you visit while playing. It is NOT acceptable to say you will remember. It is NOT acceptable to say it is too much work or too hard. You must do this to keep from going to the same houses over and over again. Users caught continuously re-visiting houses will be punished. Some houses will allow you to come multiple times. This is only allowed if they state it in their signature.

Below are some suggestions on easy ways to keep a list of everyone you have visited. Everyone on the list has a number next to their username, that number will stay the same throughout the entire game, so you can use these numbers to keep track rather than writing down everyone's usernames or IDs.

It is also suggested that you mark down which ones have replied to you and which have not. You are allowed to re-send a trick or treat message if someone does not reply after 2 days/48 hours. You may only re-send if their lights are on.

Image Suggestions:
  • Keep a piece of paper and write down the number of everyone you visit.
  • Open a word/notepad/ect document on your computer (if mobile, get a note-keeping app or open one that you already have) to keep track with.
  • Create a draft on CS by making a post and rather than hitting 'submit' hit 'save draft'. You can access the draft by going to 'My account' and clicking 'Manage drafts', then clicking on the draft.
  • Keep a list on Google Docs
  • Keep a list on Excel, copy-paste the entire list and individual boxes can be colored certain ways to show whether you have visited or not.

You can do all of the above by writing down the name and ID every time you visit a house, or copying the list into your online document/draft, and removing or crossing out everyone you visit.

There are many ways you can keep track of your list. The most important thing though is that your way will be reliable. If your computer is prone to deleting documents or crashing, making your list on paper or Google Docs (which saves automatically) is better. If you are prone to losing your documents, make a link to it on your desktop. Take into account your individual situation and plan ahead.

Celozon
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me