☆ DCAY V. 1 || ANNOUNCEMENT ON PG. 576 ☆

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

☆ DCAY V. 1 || ANNOUNCEMENT ON PG. 576 ☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 pm

DCAY V.1

Welcome to Draw the Character Above You, the endless art trade!

How does it work?

Each person comments with references of characters they might like drawn, then the person beneath them draws one of the characters mentioned above, and in return, the next person draws theirs! There is a maximum time limit of two weeks to complete a claim. See the rules for further clarification!

Note: Due to how easy it is to be scammed, please do not make duplicates of this thread without seeking permission from Chickensmoothie moderators.

Official Discord Server wrote:Official DCAY Server!

Announcements wrote:5/31/2020 -- Hubble takes place as new admin. X
6/1/20 -- Gremlin & cozy join the staff team as moderators.
6/6/20 -- Added reward system; Added narko and Billie! to the staff team as moderators.
1/2/21 -- Added nebuliger to the staff team as a moderator.
2/11/21 -- Added trashguts to the staff team as a moderator.
6/14/21 -- Added darling feathers and SilentMelody to the staff team as moderators.
3/2/22 -- darling feathers takes place as new admin. X
3/14/24 -- SilentMelody takes place as temporary admin. X

RULES | STAFF | UNFINISHED CLAIMS | UNFINISHED CLAIM REWARDS
Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 am, edited 30 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆RULES☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:28 pm

RULES

Code: Select all
[b][u][color=#BF0000]I'm taking a Claim![/color][/u][/b]
[b]username;[/b] (to make searching easier)
[b]finished piece;[/b] (edit in here)

[b]refs[/b]:  (MINIMUM TWO CHARACTERS)
[b]special requests (not required)[/b]:
[b]type of art [/b]:
[b]don't want[/b]:

In order to participate in DCAY, we expect strict adherence to the rules. Within your first post on this thread, you must also attach a second form that confirms your understanding and acknowledgment of the rules. Even if you have participated in other DCAY threads in the past, we require this acknowledgement to be posted on your first post in this thread, as the rules have been modified over time.

NOTE:
    If you are going to participate, PLEASE do not have your PMs disabled. this makes it harder for mods to get a hold of you in the case that your claim is late or there's something else pressing -- like your links not working or there's a rule being broken.

GENERAL
    1. You must finish your claim before posting again.

2. You have two weeks to finish your claim -- no matter what! It is your responsibility not to claim if you know you will not have the art finished.
      If, after claiming, you learn that you will not be able to complete a claim by its deadline, you may ask for an extension before the date that the art is due. Please PM a staff member with your reason for delay and an estimate of how long your extension will need to be. Please note that not all extensions that are asked for will be given, and that you will be required to notify the user you are drawing for of this delay in completing your claim. Deadlines for extensions will be specified, and if the art is not completed before that date, you will receive a warning and possibly a temporary ban.

3. To prevent spam, you may only claim again once two or more forms are posted after yours.

4. Art here is free, what you get in return is art. Do not ask anyone for payment.

5. There are artists of all ages and skill-levels here. Please treat one another with respect and do not complain if the art you receive doesn’t live up to your idea of quality.
      With that being said, please put your best effort into the artwork you do here. If we have reason to believe your artwork was rushed/sloppy, we may confront you about the art in question and ask you to either fix any issues with the piece or to redo your claim.

6. Do not mark the thread.

7. You may quick claim. You will only have ten minutes to edit your post with your form. Other users have the right to skip your claim if you do not get your references up in time.

8. Try not to claim the same person multiple times in a row. The point of the thread is to get art from many different people, and some may be looking for more variety.

9. Be polite with the moderators in any correspondence.

CHARACTERS
    10. Please post at least two characters to keep the thread moving, of different species if you are able. This way, artists with different preferences or skills will be able to choose.

11. The reference you provide must be clear and legible, and must be a full body image. Your reference cannot be so heavily watermarked that it obscures the design (It is alright to request the claimer to PM you for a non-watermarked reference if the reference in your post is heavily watermarked). Your reference must also be accessible.
      For example, Art Fight requires someone to have an account to view your characters, so you should not link a reference from that site.
    If you are not sure if a reference is accessible, use a direct link to your character's reference so that everyone may see it.

12. References must follow CS guidelines regarding art. All references must be child-friendly. Any links to references on sites such as toyhou.se must not be able to link to inappropriate characters. If your toyhou.se is not child-friendly (i.e. contains nudity, gore, mentions self-harm, etc), please use DIRECT links to your references.

13. Gift art is fine, but you or your friend must own the character that you request art for. Try-out art is NOT allowed. If you post someone else’s character, you must add who owns it to your form.

ARTWORK
    TRADITIONAL ART PSA
    14. All art is to be made on unique lines. No tracing, bases, etc.

15. Art must be 300x300 pixels or over. Pixels must be 60x60 or over.
      The only exception to this rule is if the person above you specifically requests a smaller canvas, such as a DeviantArt Icon which is 50x50.
    This means the CONTENT of the image. If you make your canvas 600x400 and draw something tiny within that, we will notify you to correct this.

16. Your art must be clean and neat, meaning clean lineart and clean coloring. If your style is painted, the clean lineart does not apply, but the complete piece should still be neat and clean. You may not post sketches unless the person above you asks specifically for a sketchy style. If you post sloppy art just to claim again, you will be asked to redo the piece and possibly be given a temporary ban.

17. 3D Artwork is allowed under the premise that the character is neatly made, identifiable (accurate markings, growths, etc.), and posed uniquely. If reusing a 3D base for multiple works, please take time to edit it for unique character features, including things like height and weight.

18. Traditional art is more than welcome, as long as it is scanned or photographed cleanly. It must follow all other art regulations. Please look at the linked “Traditional Art PSA” above for more notes and tips for traditional art.

19. When completing your claim, please attach or link to the finished artwork -- do not just state it was sent over PM.

20. Please upload your art using stable image hosting sites, such as imgur.

ACCEPTABLE VS UNACCEPTABLE EXAMPLES
      --- soon to come ! ---
      Digital: X vs X (regular)
      Pixel: X vs X (pixel)
      Painted Style: X vs X (painted)
      Traditional: X vs X (traditional)

RULE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT
    Remember that by posting the agreement below, you acknowledge that you have read the rules and understand that actions will be taken against those who break them. We’re all here to have fun, and by denying someone their art, you are defeating the purpose of this thread and ruining the game for everyone.

Remember, you ONLY have to include this form the first time you post. You can remove it in any posts made after.

By participating in DCAY, I, [b](username here)[/b] acknowledge that I have read the rules and will have my artwork completed within the two week period. I understand that by failing to do so, my right to participate is revoked and can only be given back by consulting with the thread mods.
Last edited by darling feathers on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:56 am, edited 13 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆STAFF☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:29 pm

☆ TEMPORARY ADMIN ☆

☆ ADMIN ☆

☆ MODERATORS☆
Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:53 am, edited 23 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ RESERVED ☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:30 pm

[ ☆ reserved ☆ ]
Last edited by darling feathers on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:14 am, edited 16 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ UNFINISHED CLAIMS ☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm

UNFINISHED CLAIMS

NOTICE
the unfinished claims post is currently under construction.
please do not claim any unfinished claims at this time as i am updating the list.

☆ CURRENT LOG ☆
[url=insertlinkhere]ToBeCompleted!![/url]

Unfinished claims, as the name suggests, are claims that weren't completed. If you did not receive your owed artwork after the two week period and would like to report it to the moderators, fill out the following form and send it to one of the moderators. This ensures that we add your post to the unfinished claims list.

[b]Username[/b] ;;
[b]User Who Claimed You[/b] ;; (please link to their profile as well)
[b]Link to Your Form[/b] ;;

IF YOU HAVE A WARNING OR BAN
Have you been warned, or even banned, for breaking the rules? In that case, you can pick up some of the unfinished claims posted on this list! Depending upon the severity of your rule-breaking, you can wipe that strike off your record by drawing for the unfortunate folks that did not receive their art, thus being given permission to join the game once again.

If you DO have a warning or ban and have taken an unfinished claim from this list, please out the form below and send it to one if the moderators for consideration. Use this form even if the claim is for the person you originally owed art to.
Please put all claims and artwork into one form.

[b]USERNAME[/b] ;;
[b]Link to Claim(s)[/b] ;;
—After Completion—
[b]Link to Artwork[/b] ;;
[b]Have you notified the user(s) you drew for?[/b] ;;

IF YOU WERE BANNED FOR NOT DOING YOUR OWN CLAIM:
[b]Have you finished your own overdue claim and notified the user?[/b] ;;

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WARNING OR BAN
If you DO NOT have a warning or ban, but wish to draw for someone who did not receive their art, please fill out the form below and send it to one of the moderators so they can maintain the list.

[b]USERNAME[/b] ;;
[b]Link to Claim(s)[/b] ;;
—After Completion—
[b]Link to Artwork[/b] ;;
[b]Have you notified the user(s) you drew for?[/b] ;;

Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:03 am, edited 100 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ HELPFUL USERS & UNFINISHED CLAIM REWARDS☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm

HELPFUL USERS
These users have finished an unfinished claim! Make sure to check them out.

Advertising
    Have you finished two or more unfinished claims? If so, you can advertise in the section above! We'll feature your avatar, how many claims you've finished, and a link to the webpage of your choice. This is especially great for art shops or your gallery. To do this, fill out the form below and send it to a DCAY staff member. Note: All advertisements must be CS friendly, and your advertisement will be removed if you are banned for any reason.
    Username:
    Link to the page you'd like to advertise:
Rewards
For every unfinished claim you take, you'll receive a "ticket" that staff will keep track of for you. You can check how many tickets you have in our ticket bank, located in this document. You can save up tickets for higher tiers of rewards. (These tiers are subject to change in the future, as we can't always offer everything currently listed!)
1 ticket
--- currently unavailable ---
2 tickets
3 tickets
4 tickets
5 tickets

To claim a reward, please PM a staff member saying which tier you'd like to redeem your tickets for.

XXX
REWARD OF THE MONTH
Last edited by darling feathers on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:25 am, edited 64 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ RESERVED ☆

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 pm

[ ☆ reserved ☆ ]
Last edited by darling feathers on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ OPEN FOR POSTING ☆

Postby darling feathers » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:34 pm

And we are open for posting! Please review the rules, and the first claimant will draw something for the person who claims them. Have fun, and a big thanks to the CS mods for allowing us to start up the thread again.
darling feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ DCAY V. 1 ☆

Postby plan(e)ts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:42 pm

By participating in DCAY, I, plan(e)ts acknowledge that I have read the rules and will have my artwork completed within the two week period. I understand that by failing to do so, my right to participate is revoked and can only be given back by consulting with the thread mods.

I'm taking a Claim!
username; plan(e)ts
finished piece; clickkk

refs: Anyone from here! (characters are sorted in order of how much i desire art for them, first is biggest priority and so on)
special requests (not required): dont get too tired drawing my characters and have fun <3
type of art : any
don't want: n/a
Last edited by plan(e)ts on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
plan(e)ts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilacpetals<3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 pm

By participating in DCAY, I, lilac,, acknowledge that I have read the rules and will have my artwork completed within the two week period. I understand that by failing to do so, my right to participate is revoked and can only be given back by consulting with the thread mods.

I'm taking a Claim!
    username; lilac,,
    finished piece; Image

refs: anyone from here you like! <3
    special requests (not required): have fun, go wild!
    type of art : any is fine ^^
    don't want: n/a!
Last edited by lilacpetals<3 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilacpetals<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me