Store Pets are now identified on their pet page

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Store Pets are now identified on their pet page

Postby Beep Boop Blorp » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 pm

That's actually a really helpful update! Thank you!
Beep Boop Blorp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCervine » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Fantastic update! Great for newer users
SilverCervine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Havoc_Center » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:06 am

Love it! Makes my life easier!

Image Havoc
Image Adult
Image Hy/Ey/It/They
Image Disabled, please be patient
Image Credit Linked Here

Havoc_Center

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:00 am

It was probably well intended, but I do not find this update helpful. We have many pets tagged "CS" in black, in red & green, in grey, and in other colours. The "C$" tag is hardly distinguishable from these "CS" tags. Especially for new users who do not know what details to look for and, most importantly, for people with colour blindness (like myself) who read the green as grey. To me, the following tags looks exactly the same at first glance:

Image Image Image

I understand, this update is intended to help prevent users from accidentally trading away a store pet or from accidentally trading it away for underpay. If, however, I have to think about whether a pet might be a store pet and zoom in really closely to identfy the tag correctly or even check the archives to be on the safe side, I will not be in any danger of accidentally trading it away anyway.
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 am

That's awesome! Thank you.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

Libelle wrote:It was probably well intended, but I do not find this update helpful. We have many pets tagged "CS" in black, in red & green, in grey, and in other colours. The "C$" tag is hardly distinguishable from these "CS" tags. Especially for new users who do not know what details to look for and, most importantly, for people with colour blindness (like myself) who read the green as grey. To me, the following tags looks exactly the same at first glance:

Image Image Image

I understand, this update is intended to help prevent users from accidentally trading away a store pet or from accidentally trading it away for underpay. If, however, I have to think about whether a pet might be a store pet and zoom in really closely to identfy the tag correctly or even check the archives to be on the safe side, I will not be in any danger of accidentally trading it away anyway.

Man.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:13 am

Libelle wrote:It was probably well intended, but I do not find this update helpful. We have many pets tagged "CS" in black, in red & green, in grey, and in other colours. The "C$" tag is hardly distinguishable from these "CS" tags. Especially for new users who do not know what details to look for and, most importantly, for people with colour blindness (like myself) who read the green as grey. To me, the following tags looks exactly the same at first glance:

Image Image Image

I don't believe there was ever a huge issue in the first place before with people "accidentally" trading away store pets not knowing their value. I don't think the new tags add anything except for add a helpful identification for people who know how to read it, and I'm not seeing how it could confuse newer users. Also, the "CS" tag I believe is simply a "http://www.chickensmoothie.com" watermark because the actual website link itself is too big to put on the smaller pets, for example the hamsters.
More so, even if hard to distinguish visually at first glance, the pet's page have an additional "Store This pet was sold in the store" link on it's pet info page. I think this update simply added a "C$" to store pets because why not, and I don't see how it's unhelpful except for the point you had that it's so small you'd have to really look at it to see the difference. I don't see it causing any issues or confusion on pet value and I personally think the update is helpful myself.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am

Shian wrote:Man.

Not sure what you are trying to tell me, I am not a man ... :(

Hyensa wrote:
Libelle wrote:- snip -

Image Image Image

- snip -

I don't believe there was ever a huge issue in the first place before with people "accidentally" trading away store pets not knowing their value. I don't think the new tags add anything except for add a helpful identification for people who know how to read it, and I'm not seeing how it could confuse newer users. Also, the "CS" tag I believe is simply a "http://www.chickensmoothie.com" watermark because the actual website link itself is too big to put on the smaller pets, for example the hamsters.
More so, even if hard to distinguish visually at first glance, the pet's page have an additional "Store This pet was sold in the store" link on it's pet info page. I think this update simply added a "C$" to store pets because why not, and I don't see how it's unhelpful except for the point you had that it's so small you'd have to really look at it to see the difference. I don't see it causing any issues or confusion on pet value and I personally think the update is helpful myself.

Maybe it is difficult to understand what I am trying to say, because I am not a native English speaker. Let me try again: All three tags on the three pets posted above look the same to me. Not only are they all grey to me, but they are also so small that the "$" symbol looks exactly like the "S" symbol. In other words, I am reading "CS" in light grey on all three pets. Therefore, the newly added "C$" tag is not helpful for me.

A different colour and/or a different combination of letters would have been better. :thumbup: Red-green blindness is widespread, and small things like that make a huge difference to people affected.
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emememe » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 am

Cool!
emememe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm

These two are also difficult because the CS tag is green.
ImageImage
They're from the space event.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me