Maineiac Art Shop | Real Pet Portraits? PG 8

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Maineiac Art Shop | Real Pet Portraits? PG 8

Postby MaineiacJay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:36 am

WELCOME!

MAINEIAC ART SHOP

Sitemap:
Examples (Completed work)
Available Lines
Process
Prices
FAQ
Request A Commission
Copyright
Testimonials
Characters for Sale

PUPPIES AND LITTERS
Below are my puppy lines. You are free to choose any puppy line below if you have a young character. HOWEVER. If you want ME to breed YOUR characters, the parent characters must already be commissioned on two different lines above (not the same lines).This is because along with individual characters and puppy images, I also combine them into one image for you and I can only do this if the whole family is on my lines (I have access to the originals right on my program). So for a litter, the minimum number of commissions you would be requesting is THREE. That includes both parent characters and ONE puppy. The max amount of puppies in a litter is THREE.

MINIMUM PAYMENT
These are rarity levels that are required as a minimum payment based on their year were you to pay with a single pet. Please see the list below. The minimum rarity is listed for each year. DECEMBER 18 pets will of course be decided by their original date. I will check however, to make sure that the rarity is acceptable for the original date. In the case of VERY RARE pets, if you do not have any available, you may substitute with multiple rares to be of equivalent value.
Keep in mind that these are the MINIMUM payment. For more challenging characters (intricate details, lots of colors, etc), or
characters with a lot of different add-ons (hats, bracelets, necklaces, etc) and line edits (tails, ears, horns, etc), then I expect more pets as payment. I put a lot of hours into these, typically over 2 hours even for more simple characters. I dont cheap out on detail, so please dont cheap out on payment.

PLEASE NOTE! Although it is NOT mandatory to send a wishlist pet, it is very much appreciated! My wishlist contains all pets I do not already have (or am hoarding in a small number of cases) so if you send a pet that is not on my wishlist, it will likely end up in my trade groups as trade fodder. Just be warned so as not to send a pet you really like and dont want to see put in a trade group ;)

CHICKEN SMOOTHIE DOLLARS (C$)

The minimum payment in C$ I will accept is 20C$. Since I am really only interested in pets, this amount will allow me to get a single store pet, which is the minimum rarity (Very Rare) for the current year.

WARRIOR CATS

I am desperately trying to complete my warrior cat collection, and because of this, I will do ONE commission for each warrior cat you can offer off my wishlist that is RARE. I will do TWO commissions for each warrior cat you can offer off my wishlist that is VERY RARE. You need offer nothing else but a single wishlist warrior cat in your payment trade. I am missing 10 warrior cats, outlined in red below:

Please note that as more questions arise, this form will be updated.

Q: CAN U MAKE ME A CUSTOM?!?! PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!
A: Read the rules, use proper English and fill out the form.

Q: MY CHARACTER IS A CAT, CAN YOU MAKE ME A CUSTOM OF HIM?
A: No. I am focusing only on canines currently. In the future I may open it up to other species but not right now.

Q: MY FRIENDS BIRTHDAY IS NEXT WEEK! THIS IS HER PRESENT. CAN YOU WORK ON THIS FIRST? PLEASE I WILL PAY WELL!!
A: No. It is your responsibility to get your form in in a timely manner. Other people have waited for their turn just like you need to. Customer satisfaction is what I aim for and if I push someone else aside who had been waiting patiently for you, they will not be so satisfied either. So be a big girl/boy and wait your turn.

Q: I DONT HAVE A PHOTO REFERENCE, THATS WHY IM HERE! HOW CAN I GIVE YOU A PHOTO REFERENCE??
A: There are lots of options here. A reference does not have to be perfect, its simply to show designs and locations of designs so that I can get everything right for you! You can do a quick sketch in MS Paint, or you can head over to the editable Oekaki and find a lineart there to color in.

Q: IS THERE A LIMIT TO LINEART EDITS OR ADD-ONS?
A: Generally no, however, any character with extreme lineart edits or add-on's outside of my skill level may not be accepted. It will be a case-by-case basis depending on the level of edits/add-ons.There are some add-ons that I choose not to do, such as hair and wigs, but I am generally open to trying new things. I will discuss with you your options if your character has something that I may not be able to accommodate.

Q: IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY LINEARTS I CAN REQUEST?
A: Yes. Each person is aloud ONE (1) character commission per opening. This is because I am tired of having people request multiple commissions and expanding my 2 commission list to up to 5+. Not only is it frustrating for me, it also makes the wait longer for everyone else when multiple people order multiple characters.

Q: I CHANGED MY MIND! IS THIS REFUNDABLE?
A: If at any time during the beginning you are unhappy with the commission, dont have enough for a decent trade anymore, or whatever reason, you may opt out of a trade so long as the commission has not been posted without a watermark and the trade (payment) has not been accepted. This is the reason I wait until you are completely satisfied with the commission before sending the trade back for you to accept.

If, however, you have stated that you approve the commission, the trade has been accepted and the final product has been posted without a watermark, then we have passed the point of being refundable. Why is this you ask? Because once the final image is posted without the watermark, the ease of stealing the image is raised and my hard work has been for free. Now, Im not saying everyone would do this, but there are some who would and unfortunately, I cant know for sure who would and who wouldnt, so once the image has been posted without the watermark, the trade is no longer refundable.

**Please be aware that once your commission request has been submitted, the rest of the process takes place on Chickensmoothie.com not here or through email.

This is similar to the process I used on Foopets when I had my old art shop. It is the method that worked best for me, with little to no errors. I used this method on Chicken Smoothie for the duration of my art shop there as well and had no problems so I will continue with it. Any questions you have, please dont hesitate to ask and I will be happy to elaborate on any step(s) you do not understand.

Step 1. If the request form page is open, submit your request, filling in all information.
Step 2. send a trade to me with what you will offer. REMEMBER to follow the minimum payment guide.
Step 3. Wait to be accepted. Look at the "Request A Commission" page. At the bottom will be a list. If your name is on the list, your submission has been approved.

WHEN YOUR TURN HAS COME...
Step 4. I will work on your custom lineart.
Step 5. When finished, I will post the finished, full sized piece with a watermark over it. This allows you to see the full commission, in full detail, but does not allow for the full image to be taken without payment. Not that I do not trust the buyer, but I do like added security
Step 6. If you are happy with what you see, let me know and I will accept the trade and send over the finished image without the watermark for your use. This completes the process

NOTE:
There is no refunding once payment has been made and full custom has been posted. Refer to FAQ for more info in regards to this.
Last edited by MaineiacJay on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:18 am, edited 56 times in total.
Birthday: July 13 | Anniversary: September 18
Welcoming our daughter 1/7/19 ❤
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - Revamped

Postby MaineiacJay » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 am

I Am...OPEN

Request a Commission Now!

1. OPEN
2. OPEN

None

Not Fullsize
See full size HERE

click banner to view character shop thread and current characters for sale
Last edited by MaineiacJay on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 47 times in total.
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - (2 slots open)

Postby MaineiacJay » Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 pm

You can find testimonies from my previous commissions below. For those of you who have received a commission from me already, if you could please write a testimony for my art below, that would be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Last edited by MaineiacJay on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - (2 slots open)

Postby Fyrvi » Sat May 09, 2015 3:17 pm

A Testimony For Jay:
Her art is amazing, in style and originality. I adore the commission I received from her, and I think she made my wolf perfectly.
The shading and color is impeccable, and my line-art edit request was fulfilled exactly as I wished it for.
I look forward to commissioning her again in the near future.
adjective || fer·vid || \ˈfər-vəd\
intensely enthusiastic or passionate,
especially to an excessive degree

━━ { kindness is always fashionable and always welcome } ━━━━━
update
here for art
and adopts
links
discord: koichai
about
hey there, call me chai! i'm a digital artist,
comp sci teacher, and critter lover
c: x
hoard advent 2014 penguins
ImageImageImage
Fyrvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - (apps off-site to keep clutter down)

Postby MaineiacJay » Tue May 12, 2015 10:43 am

Thank you for the testimony! I appreciate it, and glad you like your commission! Hope to do more art for you in the future!
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fyrvi » Tue May 12, 2015 11:25 am

No problem! It's really good. And I just sent another order and payment!
adjective || fer·vid || \ˈfər-vəd\
intensely enthusiastic or passionate,
especially to an excessive degree

━━ { kindness is always fashionable and always welcome } ━━━━━
update
here for art
and adopts
links
discord: koichai
about
hey there, call me chai! i'm a digital artist,
comp sci teacher, and critter lover
c: x
hoard advent 2014 penguins
ImageImageImage
Fyrvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaineiacJay » Fri May 15, 2015 10:57 am

Perfect! I'll get working on yours and fire at heart's commissions tomorrow afternoon. Thank you!
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fire At Heart » Fri May 15, 2015 11:07 am

A Testimonial

Jay always works so hard trying to get your order perfect. She tries
    to give you the most for the payment and always lives up to my expectations.
    I have had four commissions done by her (three on the old lines and one
    on the new) and I am so happy with how they all turned out. I always
    asked for a couple of extras and she always finished my commission in record
    time, I would defiantly recommend getting you wolf drawn by her!
Fire At Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - (OPEN)

Postby MaineiacJay » Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 am

thank you Fire At Heart! Always a pleasure!
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Maineiac Art Shop - (OPEN)

Postby CalicoWolf » Tue May 19, 2015 7:04 am

A Testimonial

MaineiacJay's art is amazing! She is very quick, well-priced and a pleasure to order from.
I ordered a revamped character of mine from her, having several pictures and many descriptions explaining everything because I hadn't ordered from many people and I cannot draw myself. She got everything spot on! Even the complicated bracelet (which is my real-life wedding ring). Definitely ordering from her again!
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me