Dear Art Shop Customers...

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This board does not include pre-made character design sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, see the full rules here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... 10&t=30437

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby Enabled&Gone » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Uh I have a question..

My friend ordered from an art shop on this site and is seems that the thread no longer exists, she's already paid and the person has accepted... She's messaged them and they haven't answered but they were online. Now that they're off she has no clue what to do.

What does she do?
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
The loneliest people,
are the kindest
The most damaged people,
are the wisest
The saddest people,
smile the brightest
Image
User avatar
Enabled&Gone
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby zliti » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:14 am

Bump
User avatar
zliti
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:28 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby ThyVampire » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:08 pm

I have a question.
"In addition, if you have posted correct payment and your order is accepted, it is your responsibility to carry through with the payment. "


Does this mean a customer cannot cancel a commission if the artist is working on it?
Because this just happened to me right now where a commissioner canceled a commission WHILE I was working on it.
Thanks if anybody responds~
Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxHello! I'm ThyVampire formally
xxxxxas DemonicSoul! I'm interested in
xxxxfilmmaking, roleplaying, drawing
xxxxxxxxxxxxx& creative writing.
xxxxxxxx(I'm the emo weeb tbh.)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Image
Image
Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxFeel free to click these links:
xxxTrade - Art Shop - Adopts

xxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User avatar
ThyVampire
 
Posts: 6624
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:14 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby renneka » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

DemonicSoul wrote:
I have a question.
"In addition, if you have posted correct payment and your order is accepted, it is your responsibility to carry through with the payment. "


Does this mean a customer cannot cancel a commission if the artist is working on it?
Because this just happened to me right now where a commissioner canceled a commission WHILE I was working on it.
Thanks if anybody responds~


Yes, that rules means the customer shouldn't cancel a commission. I think it's extremely rude if a customer did that... since they have already made a commitment by paying you.
It's always good to have a rule saying that you do/don't refunds or something that can help you if they do cancel.
Image
User avatar
renneka
 
Posts: 3595
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:45 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby Selkiegal » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 am

Also, for the love of Thor, THANK the artist when they've finished.

The last couple of orders I took on here, I didn't hear a word from the customer once the art was finished and posted. Only way I knew they had seen it and were happy with it was because they later posted the artwork on another thread to show it off.

Giving the artist the cold shoulder once the piece is finished is not only rude, but INCREDIBLY anxiety-inducing because we are left to assume that you hate the finished product or something.
Image
~Always looking for new PSS pals~

About Me & Character Thread
~ Art Tumblr ~
Art Shop (closed)
User avatar
Selkiegal
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby Vixey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 am

one of the things that made me reluctant to take commissions is something no one has mentioned here yet.
Credit.

Personally, I find it is necessary to give credit to an artist for what they made for you, even though you paid them, you have no right to avoid mentioning their name, especially when someone asks.
I cannot count the amount of times this has happened to me, especially when someone commissioned me for icons/avatars (which i cannot put a signature on, since they are too tiny) . People will say:
"Wow, nice avatar! Did you make it yourself?"
and the commissioner responds simply with "Thank you!"

that honestly just isn't right,
please give credit somewhere it can be seen unless the artist says credit isn't required-

but maybe that's just me ?
Image
-Vix
User avatar
Vixey
 
Posts: 15750
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:57 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 am

Vixey wrote:one of the things that made me reluctant to take commissions is something no one has mentioned here yet.
Credit.

Personally, I find it is necessary to give credit to an artist for what they made for you, even though you paid them, you have no right to avoid mentioning their name, especially when someone asks.
I cannot count the amount of times this has happened to me, especially when someone commissioned me for icons/avatars (which i cannot put a signature on, since they are too tiny) . People will say:
"Wow, nice avatar! Did you make it yourself?"
and the commissioner responds simply with "Thank you!"

that honestly just isn't right,
please give credit somewhere it can be seen unless the artist says credit isn't required-

but maybe that's just me ?

No, I agree with you as well as the other points here!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
Image
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
User avatar
WolfwithWings38
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:47 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby TheFrenchGoldfish » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 am

sticky it
lol this needs to be a stickky
Image
hello my name is fishi, otherwise known as hazel or z, going through some tough times
feel free to PM me, i don't bite. i like cats and drawing, i also really like bubble tea.
Komohærts | OC's
User avatar
TheFrenchGoldfish
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:18 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby FancyToast » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 am

Also, I feel it's and issue when customer don't tell you when they feel something is off with a commission! I'd rather them leave happy than to leave dissatisfied and to never return! Believe me, we don't take offense; you're the ones paying us.
Image Image Click if you dare!

Best Gifts I've sent <3 Aquarius/INFP/Rabbit/Artist/Author/Commissioner

1st
2ed
3rd
<3
User avatar
FancyToast
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:13 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby ~Teya~ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Selkiegal wrote:Also, for the love of Thor, THANK the artist when they've finished.

The last couple of orders I took on here, I didn't hear a word from the customer once the art was finished and posted. Only way I knew they had seen it and were happy with it was because they later posted the artwork on another thread to show it off.

Giving the artist the cold shoulder once the piece is finished is not only rude, but INCREDIBLY anxiety-inducing because we are left to assume that you hate the finished product or something.

Oh my gosh, I relate to this soo much. Sometimes I just shrug it off when the person never says anything, because, well, there are young kids on this site that just don't think to say thank you -- but still! It makes me sad when I spend up to 3-4 hours on a commission, and they say nothing.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
A place to put my questionable writing skills
Image
User avatar
~Teya~
 
Posts: 16276
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:22 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sass and 0 guests