Dear Art Shop Customers...

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Dear Art Shop Customers...

Postby ThyVampire » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:08 pm

I have a question.
"In addition, if you have posted correct payment and your order is accepted, it is your responsibility to carry through with the payment. "

Does this mean a customer cannot cancel a commission if the artist is working on it?
Because this just happened to me right now where a commissioner canceled a commission WHILE I was working on it.
Thanks if anybody responds~

╔═════════════════════════╗

Hey there!
‣ Alt Content Creator, Pet Store Employee,
Wildlife/Fisheries Student, Exotic Keeper ♡

Links:
Trade Center
Art Shop

╚═════════════════════════╝

ThyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

DemonicSoul wrote:
I have a question.
"In addition, if you have posted correct payment and your order is accepted, it is your responsibility to carry through with the payment. "

Does this mean a customer cannot cancel a commission if the artist is working on it?
Because this just happened to me right now where a commissioner canceled a commission WHILE I was working on it.
Thanks if anybody responds~

Yes, that rules means the customer shouldn't cancel a commission. I think it's extremely rude if a customer did that... since they have already made a commitment by paying you.
It's always good to have a rule saying that you do/don't refunds or something that can help you if they do cancel.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SelkiesSong » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 am

Also, for the love of Thor, THANK the artist when they've finished.

The last couple of orders I took on here, I didn't hear a word from the customer once the art was finished and posted. Only way I knew they had seen it and were happy with it was because they later posted the artwork on another thread to show it off.

Giving the artist the cold shoulder once the piece is finished is not only rude, but INCREDIBLY anxiety-inducing because we are left to assume that you hate the finished product or something.
~*~Keep Marching On~*~
Art Tumblr
SelkiesSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 am

one of the things that made me reluctant to take commissions is something no one has mentioned here yet.
Credit.

Personally, I find it is necessary to give credit to an artist for what they made for you, even though you paid them, you have no right to avoid mentioning their name, especially when someone asks.
I cannot count the amount of times this has happened to me, especially when someone commissioned me for icons/avatars (which i cannot put a signature on, since they are too tiny) . People will say:
"Wow, nice avatar! Did you make it yourself?"
and the commissioner responds simply with "Thank you!"

that honestly just isn't right,
please give credit somewhere it can be seen unless the artist says credit isn't required-

but maybe that's just me ?
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 am

Vixey wrote:one of the things that made me reluctant to take commissions is something no one has mentioned here yet.
Credit.

Personally, I find it is necessary to give credit to an artist for what they made for you, even though you paid them, you have no right to avoid mentioning their name, especially when someone asks.
I cannot count the amount of times this has happened to me, especially when someone commissioned me for icons/avatars (which i cannot put a signature on, since they are too tiny) . People will say:
"Wow, nice avatar! Did you make it yourself?"
and the commissioner responds simply with "Thank you!"

that honestly just isn't right,
please give credit somewhere it can be seen unless the artist says credit isn't required-

but maybe that's just me ?

No, I agree with you as well as the other points here!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skarekrowkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 am

sticky it
lol this needs to be a stickky
skarekrowkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 am

Also, I feel it's and issue when customer don't tell you when they feel something is off with a commission! I'd rather them leave happy than to leave dissatisfied and to never return! Believe me, we don't take offense; you're the ones paying us.
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Selkiegal wrote:Also, for the love of Thor, THANK the artist when they've finished.

The last couple of orders I took on here, I didn't hear a word from the customer once the art was finished and posted. Only way I knew they had seen it and were happy with it was because they later posted the artwork on another thread to show it off.

Giving the artist the cold shoulder once the piece is finished is not only rude, but INCREDIBLY anxiety-inducing because we are left to assume that you hate the finished product or something.

Oh my gosh, I relate to this soo much. Sometimes I just shrug it off when the person never says anything, because, well, there are young kids on this site that just don't think to say thank you -- but still! It makes me sad when I spend up to 3-4 hours on a commission, and they say nothing.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiderkisser » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:39 am

Selkiegal wrote:Also, for the love of Thor, THANK the artist when they've finished.

Yes p r e a c h
You should always thank someone for their services! I cannot stress this enough,, I personally find it rude when someone doesn't say thank you for something I've done/other people have done for them. It's not that hard, come on, guys!
-------------------------------------

hi im spiderkisser i kiss spiders
──────────── Image ────────────
he/they | autistic (obviously) | adult
icon
spiderkisser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups