Most Tempting Moment When Trading

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Most Tempting Moment When Trading

Postby 'Possum » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:27 am

And what did you do? Mine just happened a few moments ago so I had to share my thoughts. Someone sent me a trade the other day with one of the Store Pups I have in my Wish List Trades group. On her side she simply had a message stating that she has the Fox Advent Pup that's on my Wish List. I figured she was offering me the Fox Advent Pup for the Store Pup but I wasn't positive. So I looked through her groups and sure enough, there's the Fox Advent I've been searching for for a while now. I added him to the trade, took the Store Pupoff and sent it back to her asking to please clarify. I also mentioned that her Fox Advent was Uncommon while the Store Pups are coming up Very Rare right now. She sent the trade back to me just a bit ago with the Fox Advent on there yet and my side empty. The message was that they're working on changing the Fox Advent's rating to rare. Which may be, I dunno. But I do know that was an open trade for a pet I've been wanting ABSOLUTELY FREE AND CLEAR! All I had to do was click that little teeney tiny Accept button. Sooooo tempting. But I did what I'd want someone to do for me if the situation was reversed. I sent the trade back to her to edit. I did the right thing and I feel pretty good about it. Despite the fact that I still don't have the Fox Advent. The way I look at it, what comes around goes around and I'll get him eventually. And I won't feel guilty every time I look at him because I'll know I did it the right way.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on this. Has anything similar happen to any one else? Wanna share?
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Most Tempting Moment When Trading

Postby Lupine Moon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

I have had this happen to me before as well ^^;; But I knew they didn't want it given for free, and knew my conscience would never have let me keep it anyway. I won't let myself stoop to cheating others out of pets u_u I know I would be terribly upset if that happened to me, so I try to put my feet in their shoes first n_n

I believe you did the right thing, especially since you wanted that pet so much. What goes around comes around~ ^^
Every mile, a memory
Every song, another scene
Like some old movie going back in time, you and me♫
-In Loving Memory Of Chloe-
My Black Lab Baby

ImageImage

<3 It's people like you that make me love life iBrevity...I'll never forget your kindness <3
Lupine Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dasniu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

Sadly, I would probably accepted the trade and said "Thats what happens when you put something on your side and nothing on mine. Think next time" or something like that. Im bad D:
dasniu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I can't read the OP but I have had people send me empty trades before. They weren't tempting to mr as it wasn't a pet I was looking for, but I did edit it and send it back.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simplyme » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Ohhh I've definitely had a tempting moment. It was a month ago or so. Someone sent me a trade wanting to trade their green and copper malk dragons for my green nosed advent zebra. I cancelled saying I already had multiples of the dragons. It seemed like a pretty ordinary trade scenario, and I soon forgot about it. Then, later that day, they sent a second trade. They said they were really interested in the zebra and wanted to trade their grey malk dragon for it. Ahhhh I wanted to accept so badly, but being the nice person I am, I sent the trade back explaining to them that the malk dragon was very rare and asking them if they were sure they wanted to trade it. I also told them to feel free to add more pets on my side. Minutes later I get on and check my trades and find that they sent the trade back. They had added a grand total of...one cocoon sheep costume and one malk horse plushie. Their message: "Umm.. I think this is a fair trade :D"

Ohhh I was sooooo close to pressing the accept button but I just couldn't. I sent the trade back to them and said "You have no idea how badly I want to accept this trade. I don't mean to be annoying but I'm sending this trade back one more time to make sure this is what you want to do. The grey dragon is worth much more than what you've asked for so please feel free to add more pets from my extras groups. If this is really what you want to do, then go right ahead and accept and I won't bother you about it any more Anyways, happy holidays :)"

After that I wanted to kick myself in the butt for not accepting the trade...sigh...but I knew I did the right thing :P Well they sent the trade back and had added several more pets. A few of them were pets that weren't in my trade groups, so I edited them out and sent the trade back saying that I would rather not trade them. I kindly directed them towards my trade groups and said if they really wanted the pets I took out and wouldn't accept unless I put them back in, then I would add them back. A while later, and to my surprise, they accepted the trade without adding any more pets at all! I was shocked, but at least they seemed happy. I ended up getting a grey malk dragon for some items and a few advents. I felt bad, but at least my conscience wasn't beating me up because I did everything I could to help them and that was that. :)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
simplyme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirimi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Well one of my friends told me that she got cheated on her drink me ad asked me to purchase one fr her. I gave her one ad was so tempting to add a few things but I didn't. I asked her if she could choose a few items but if she didn't want to she could have t for free. In the end she gave me somehong nice! :)
sort of inactive, will only be popping on once in a while ^^
i apologise for the late replies
Pet's name: Hoshima {nft}
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Kirimi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snook22 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Back when I first joined and was looking for older pets, I found someone with a bunch of July and Aug 08 multiples, pretty much one of each. I sent a trade for one of each, nothing on my side, and asked if I had absolutely anything in my trades to offer for even just one of them.

They sent the trade back, with all the pets still on their side, nothing on mine, with a message that was something like: 'Sorry but no, I want to keep them'.

I could have accepted it and gotten all of those rares pets, but... I would have felt awful doing that, so I cancelled.

I've found it surprising how many times I do get trades like that, with nothing on my side, asking to edit or something. But I always cancel.
Snook22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirimi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:31 pm

You're nice! Well on the 18th, I was managing my friends account since she went on holiday and she got a banana. I traded it away carelessly not knowing the worth since I was a newbie. Now that might sound weird since I started in May. I only started to really play in november. Anyway, someone sent a trade offer for it and on their side there was a moonswirl cat which is uncommon. Being really dumb I thought it would be very rare like the others. Uh uh, big mistake I accepted it. Anyway, I knew I had to pay her back somehow and in return I traded my speckle eat for a wood angel. I gave her a wood angel and 2 store dogs and yeah.
sort of inactive, will only be popping on once in a while ^^
i apologise for the late replies
Pet's name: Hoshima {nft}
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Kirimi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acciobadger » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm

When someone edited back a trade with nothing on my side and a moonswirl on their side, saying they didn't want to trade her. That was a hard choice. XD
Hello~
I'm acciobadger, but you may call me Wolfie. Most people do.
If you play FlightRising, all of my pet groups are open to trade for FR currency.
c:

acciobadger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dasniu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

See, I would accept those trades, im selfish lol