Amusing CS ads

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Amusing CS ads

Postby Dragonspirit » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 am

I see a whole bunch that want you to give a goat. I have to admit I find that a little humorous... I mean, a goat?! :lol:
There's a truly terrifying notion that resides today. People have forgotten what it means to be human, to be compassionate to each other. When fact is regarded as fiction, and fiction as fact, how can anyone even begin to come to common ground? Sit down and talk. Listen to someone's story. You'll begin to understand we all are much more similar than you realize.

"Do you know what thinking is? It's just a fancy word for changing your mind."
"I will not change my mind."
"Then you will die stupid."
"You don't understand. You will never understand."
"I don't understand? Are you kidding me? Me? Of course I understand."
Dragonspirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twiga » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:35 am

Well, I just saw 3 ads for stock trading! :roll: :lol:
Formerly Twiga :3 I'll be trying out a few different usernames, i'm still me though n__n;
Thanks a million times over, Spotted <3 You rock! :D
My Trades
Twiga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlissfulFarrago » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 am

I like how if you go to a character adoption place, you get organ donor ads. xD
--In another town
Don't let me forget

--In another town
Mouth full of regrets

--In another town
Please, place final bets

--In another town

[But I know
I know
I know]

[[--"Another Town"
by regina spektor]]

--I used to be RedBlueGreen
Characters, The Zoo ,dA
I'm not very active anymore, but I still get on sometimes. <3

BlissfulFarrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoobs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:57 am

I kinda think the one that says "Give a goat to a child in need? Good idea." is funny. I mean, it's like "Yup, I have a few extras :D" xD
Scoobs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheDearHunter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 am

lol the one give a goat ad has a goat emerging from a stocking! xDDD yep im sure thats how it happens
ImageImageImage

~previously known as moo<3~
TheDearHunter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:12 am

Kat wrote:I personally don't like those ads. Sure it seems like a good cause at first but I guess the common sense in me can see past the advertising company's attention-drawing ads. I mean gosh, sure the cute little picture shows a kid hugging the baby animal but do you really think its going to be like that in real life? No. First of all, the animal more likely than not won't be treated well and when it finally stops constantly producing for the people, they'll just chop it up as a thanks for supposedly saving them. Yippy. Great cause. They act like animals are just simply objects of use which any person with a working mind and heart can see isn't true.
Sorry but thats my word on it. No offence to people who are all for the cause. People can have opinions so please don't attack me.

Not trying to attack you but that's simply not true. I've seen the after-affects of these kinds of gifts and they don't treat these animals as simply objects. They treat them as precious life-lines. After all, why mistreat the only thing that's keeping your family alive? As for culling animals once their purpose is over, that is an inevitable consequence of farming, happens here in the U.S., and what's the purpose in giving people a meat animal if they can't use it as meat?

To firestar: Sorry if I offended you but my first take on your post was that you found the cause itself amusing (you didn't really elaborate on what was so funny and your screenshot was the least humourus part of the ad in my opinion). After you reworded yourself it was much clearer what you meant and I somewhat agree.

Though I know someone who DOES have a few extra chickens scuttling about. Should I UPS them? :lol:

To YetAntotherMember: Chickens? Chicken Smoothie? I never made that connection before. Thanks for making my day. :mrgreen:
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 am

Aurorastar wrote:and what's the purpose in giving people a meat animal if they can't use it as meat?

I beg to differ but the point is, no living thing should be labeled as a "meat" animal. Would you like to be labeled as that? Not trying to be gross or anything but cannibalism is a natural thing in some countries and occording to them, we taste just like ham. That doesn't mean we can be thought of as meat animals though because for some odd reason we think ourselves superior to other species that are scientifically proven to be stronger and much less weak than the so-called 'top of the food chain" humans.
Either way, once the animal is done living out it's producing life, it should be let to live out the rest of it's days, not brutally slaughtered.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheDearHunter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 am

Kat wrote:
Aurorastar wrote:and what's the purpose in giving people a meat animal if they can't use it as meat?

I beg to differ but the point is, no living thing should be labeled as a "meat" animal. Would you like to be labeled as that? Not trying to be gross or anything but cannibalism is a natural thing in some countries and occording to them, we taste just like ham. That doesn't mean we can be thought of as meat animals though because for some odd reason we think ourselves superior to other species that are scientifically proven to be stronger and much less weak than the so-called 'top of the food chain" humans.
Either way, once the animal is done living out it's producing life, it should be let to live out the rest of it's days, not brutally slaughtered.

mmmm.... ham
ImageImageImage

~previously known as moo<3~
TheDearHunter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 am

penguin1 wrote:
Kat wrote:

mmmm.... ham

mmmm... bacon :twisted:

No, I would not like to be labled as a 'meat animal' but then again, I'm not being specifically raised for the consumption of another being. That and I have about zero meat on my bones so I doubt I'd qualify as a decent meal.

Also physical strength has nothing to do with superiority...

But.... that's not really the point of this topic so I digress. If you would like to continue having a debate we could move to Adults 18+ Chat. If not I'll leave that at that.

Again firestar, I apologize if I offended you and your sense of humor. I'll duck out now before I embarass myself further. (I really need someone to hover behind me while I'm writing and slap me when I respond before thinking) :arrow:
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Gorgon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:47 am

Goats: Milk, meat.
Chickens: Eggs, meat.
Simple as that. Basically what people have said before: The organization takes the money you donate and uses it to buy chickens/goats/cows to the families in developing countries. Then they teach the family how to take proper care of the animals. When the animals get old and stop producing, they're eaten. Happens everywhere. They're called "meat animals" because yes, they're used as meat (although livestock is the more commonly used term). People with very little food available can't afford to be vegetarians. If there's not much, you can't be choosy. Facts of life.
We learned about this in S.S. last year. :)

I think an amusing ad is the one about the virtual aliens or whatever. Tess took a screenshot and put it on her dA. The ad says, "Like kids, only you can hit them harder". I think that was pretty weird/funny.

There are always lots of ads for things involving animals, chickens, smoothies, virtual pets, and clothes (but only in the Store) because those are some of the words that pop up most around the site. :P
Space Gorgon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me