CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tok

Postby Angelx3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:12 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Ice Flower wrote:Oh. I didn't know that, that information isn't provided for pet rarity determination either. I just supposed since items do not have ID's like pets, they need to be valued using trades happening around CS. Anyways, maybe a good way to make this process more accurate would be to get trades verified as recourse full by a number of users who are familiar to item trading. Some users really take these lists seriously and get offended if you don't offer exactly what the list says ( or higher).

That's why it was suggested to use a pet value range as with the other revisited items on the list. Also on the slanted eyes, you mentioned that they're quite common (which I agree compared to a lot of items) and people tend to not trade them because of their looks. That is part in what demand is and it's one of the few things to base item values on that we have.
I personally haven't traded for the slanted eyes in a while so I don't know how common they are exactly, but if people are unwilling to trade them, then that's important to know.

I think it's mostly the refusal to trade eyes in general, you'll find them in high demand regardless which year they're from and in particular most only have 2 or 3 of the Slanted eyes and don't trade them unless they're doubles or massive overpay.
This causes the demand to rise because and the next person must pay even more.
As in someone offered 1 '11 rare so you must offer now at least 2' 11 rares.
Im not really excluded from that, I'd rather pay a higher price so I can get an item I need for a dress up right now than wait till I find someone who would trade it for a common.
Angelx3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice Flower » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Ice Flower wrote:Oh. I didn't know that, that information isn't provided for pet rarity determination either. I just supposed since items do not have ID's like pets, they need to be valued using trades happening around CS. Anyways, maybe a good way to make this process more accurate would be to get trades verified as recourse full by a number of users who are familiar to item trading. Some users really take these lists seriously and get offended if you don't offer exactly what the list says ( or higher).

That's why it was suggested to use a pet value range as with the other revisited items on the list. Also on the slanted eyes, you mentioned that they're quite common (which I agree compared to a lot of items) and people tend to not trade them because of their looks. That is part in what demand is and it's one of the few things to base item values on that we have.
I personally haven't traded for the slanted eyes in a while so I don't know how common they are exactly, but if people are unwilling to trade them, then that's important to know.

I somewhat disagree. These lists and movements in general are made with the main idea of setting up a reasonable value for pets/items that have such high demand that normally only get traded in overpay trades. Demand is important thus the item in discussion should be more valued but how much is the question. We have overpay, massive over pay and just straight forward unfair trades. If we start setting items like slanted eyes so high up then where do items like the cake set stand? Another question is how much should demand impact rarity and how much should availability affect it?
Ice Flower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am

Unlike pets, items never get rereleased. Some people say an 09 item is worth an 09 uncommon or common (for the lower demand items). How is that possible with so many new members and many inactive old users? Those items are 10 years old and never released again. Cs was 1 year old.

The slanted eyes were a trade in for i believe 1 token for 2 slabted eyes. Correct me if i am wrong. People liked them, but many prefered pets over tons of items.
There was no item archive yet, so the demand of a full item collection was much less than it is today.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:35 am

SabrinaB wrote:Unlike pets, items never get rereleased. Some people say an 09 item is worth an 09 uncommon or common (for the lower demand items). How is that possible with so many new members and many inactive old users? Those items are 10 years old and never released again. Cs was 1 year old.

The slanted eyes were a trade in for i believe 1 token for 2 slabted eyes. Correct me if i am wrong. People liked them, but many prefered pets over tons of items.
There was no item archive yet, so the demand of a full item collection was much less than it is today.

I think for items it also depends on what people are searching for so sometimes I even say some ‘10 items are worth an ‘10 uncommon because it is just a baseline if there is no actual value. Items don’t have rarities so a lot of it is based on popularity and quantity. It is really hard to value older items because no one knows how many there are of a specific item.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am

lucky333123 wrote:
SabrinaB wrote:Unlike pets, items never get rereleased. Some people say an 09 item is worth an 09 uncommon or common (for the lower demand items). How is that possible with so many new members and many inactive old users? Those items are 10 years old and never released again. Cs was 1 year old.

I think for items it also depends on what people are searching for so sometimes I even say some ‘10 items are worth an ‘10 uncommon because it is just a baseline if there is no actual value. Items don’t have rarities so a lot of it is based on popularity and quantity. It is really hard to value older items because no one knows how many there are of a specific item.

I know, I was pointing out that even older items can be worth less due to demand. It can work both ways, it was not an attack towards people who say it or that they should be worth at least an 09 rare or something :) Sorry if it came out that way <3
Just trying to say demand is a complicated thing, which can work both ways.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 am

I feel like a LOT of items that had limited releases (Like for 1 day) and other retired store items should be added; along items released back when CS was still getting started. Plus as years go by, and like the guide said; items never get re-released like December 18th; the values go up and up. These lesser known yet valuable items should be added, or at least mentioned. c:

If anyone can confirm and/or tell me how they were released (Like each release gives you all outcomes, OR a RNG to where you have to swap) that would help so much if these items are indeed valuable from what little information I've gathered. Trade(s) would help so much. I got all this information on the official CS wiki.

The International Towel Day (May 25th) items were only released for one day in 2010. (From personal experience, these are getting very hard to find, let alone finding anyone who offers them for trade)
ImageImage

The St. patrick's day items, released in 2009. (need date of when items stopped being available) they have been re-released in 2010, all except for the shoes. (Need date of when the 2010 re-release stop being available) These could be poteionally valuable, especially the shoes since they were not re-released in 2010's st. Patrick's day.
ImageImageImageImage

These are just a few examples, but I feel this guide is getting out of date and more items should be added. I know past trades are needed to support these claims, which would be helpful to confirm if these items are getting more valuable than we thought. x3
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:27 pm

This list used to be longer ith many more items, but it was tough to keep it up to date, which is why only the rarest items remain.
But i agree that more items should be added. People come here for help and most items cant be found here.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 am

Just traded off my '09 christmas white lights for a bmd + hollyfox + hyena + brown collie advent

Not sure if you're still looking for trades with the '09 christmas set but thought it wouldn't hurt^^
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:56 am

We are interested in all item trades of 2011 and earlier :)
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 am

SabrinaB wrote:We are interested in all item trades of 2011 and earlier :)

Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me