[Survey] Pet Values

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

[Survey] Pet Values

Postby Zeroness » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:30 pm

Hello!
I have a big survey about pet values (it's for the Estimated Pet Value Calculator I'm planning to make currently working on).
If anyone could fill it in, it would be very helpful!

21th of April edit: Reworking the survey, the link will be shared soon!

12th of June edit: There's a new survey!
Link to the new survey - Click!

Thank you in advance!

Results from the first survey can be found here - Click!

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post below or DM me!
Last edited by Zeroness on Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zeroness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Survey] Pet Values

Postby musicgurl333 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:23 pm

This is super interesting! I’ll be curious to see what the results are! I do feel like it’s tough to come up with a single value when it gets into the high (ER, OMGSR) categories. Also, lumping Dec. 18 in with “events”, doesn’t really make sense to me.

Overall though, I love this idea, I think it’s a great poll, and I’m excited to see how it turns out! :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:55 pm

That was an interesting survey !

I had trouble deciding values for ER+ pets since everyone use a guide and lists here, but I hope you'll get enough answers to compile something.

For store pets, it really depends on their rarity and popularity since they are never released again so saying a number was tough.

It would have been interesting to add a question to see if people value the same pet differently depending on when they are trading it, or if it's an unknown outcome. *side eyeing the overpay for current monthly/event outcomes or the Fae foxes*
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeroness » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:40 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:This is super interesting! I’ll be curious to see what the results are! I do feel like it’s tough to come up with a single value when it gets into the high (ER, OMGSR) categories. Also, lumping Dec. 18 in with “events”, doesn’t really make sense to me.

Overall though, I love this idea, I think it’s a great poll, and I’m excited to see how it turns out! :)

Yeah, coming up with single values can be tough, but you can simply write a range from the least amount acceptable for you to the most amount acceptable for you!
December 18th pets are in the same section as Events, yes, but there's a separate question about them! It isn't a simple one though, but December 18th pets would be really hard to evaluate anyway.

Gamezelle wrote:That was an interesting survey !

I had trouble deciding values for ER+ pets since everyone use a guide and lists here, but I hope you'll get enough answers to compile something.

For store pets, it really depends on their rarity and popularity since they are never released again so saying a number was tough.

It would have been interesting to add a question to see if people value the same pet differently depending on when they are trading it, or if it's an unknown outcome. *side eyeing the overpay for current monthly/event outcomes or the Fae foxes*

As for the numbers, as I stated above and in the survey itself, you can write a range from the least amount acceptable for you to the most amount acceptable for you in different cases!

And I'm not really planning to include the Unknown rarity in the calculator, at least for now, sorry! But that would be interesting indeed!
Zeroness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:05 am

Bumping this. :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeroness » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:11 am

There's a new survey!
Zeroness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:31 pm

I was excited to see a new survey, because I think this is a great idea! But I’m going to be totally honest with you…no one is going to finish this survey as it is right now. It is SO finicky and it’s driving me crazy. I am getting error messages every time I try to submit.

First, it said “to” boxes may only contain numbers, which was confusing, because what it really means is “boxes can’t be left blank.” So I went back and filled them all in.

THEN I tried to submit and it said “to” boxes must be greater than 10. So now if I want to submit, I have to go back and do it all AGAIN.

Yeah, I don’t really want to do that for a THIRD time and then cross my fingers that I don’t get any more errors. So now I’ve wasted a bunch of time AND didn’t even end up submitting the survey.

Personally, I’d switch back to a more user friendly survey option. But if you really want to stick with this (which is understandable, because I’m sure you spent a lot of time making it!) then there NEED to be better directions at the beginning or you’re not going to get any responses.

That was painful.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeroness » Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:37 am

musicgurl333 wrote:I was excited to see a new survey, because I think this is a great idea! But I’m going to be totally honest with you…no one is going to finish this survey as it is right now. It is SO finicky and it’s driving me crazy. I am getting error messages every time I try to submit.

First, it said “to” boxes may only contain numbers, which was confusing, because what it really means is “boxes can’t be left blank.” So I went back and filled them all in.

THEN I tried to submit and it said “to” boxes must be greater than 10. So now if I want to submit, I have to go back and do it all AGAIN.

Yeah, I don’t really want to do that for a THIRD time and then cross my fingers that I don’t get any more errors. So now I’ve wasted a bunch of time AND didn’t even end up submitting the survey.

Personally, I’d switch back to a more user friendly survey option. But if you really want to stick with this (which is understandable, because I’m sure you spent a lot of time making it!) then there NEED to be better directions at the beginning or you’re not going to get any responses.

That was painful.

:shock: I didn't realize such errors could occur, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! Thank you so much for your feedback though, now every question includes in the description the following information:
You don't have to answer this question, but IF you do, you MUST specify both the minimum and the maximum value using the slider or writing the numbers in the fields below. The minimum ("From") value MUST be lower than the maximum ("To") value, they CAN'T be equal.

I hope it helps!
Zeroness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeroness » Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:46 am

Bump!