The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Ilovesmoothies! » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 pm

Kinchovi wrote:
could I have some second opinions on this?
thank you

edit: and this one if at all possible -i know the slumber party pets have more demand but no idea how that would affect trades

All unfair to you. The top one, even the 2012 uncommon for the 2020 rare is major overpay. The bottom is unfair to you due to the demand of the slumber party pets.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCstgk1UIk4Qir3Wolo8axxg
The Vloggy Doggies
I love: autumn, animals, cherry blossoms, bonsai trees, bees, butterflies, teddies, animals, koi, flowers, pumpkin scents, pastel colours, baby blue, pastel yellow and pink, and all shades of green esp emerald and sage! Know some Spanish, love travelling
Desperately seeking:
Tess mini huskies
Sakura/cherry blossom store dog
UR flower dragon
malk elemental cats
nature items
The picnic store item set and celestial garden store set/c$ to buy it

Ilovesmoothies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 pm

Windi_1 wrote:
Kinchovi wrote:
could I have some second opinions on this?
thank you

edit: and this one if at all possible -i know the slumber party pets have more demand but no idea how that would affect trades

First one I'm not going to try. The 2nd one, unfair to the top.

First trade is unfair to you any way you look at it. If you use the "3 year rule", then your rare bunny plus a small add would be plenty. If you use the "2:1 rule" (which I really do not recommend), then just your '12 UC would be more than enough.

Using the "2:1 rule" for the second trade, and ignoring demand, it would be unfair to the top. Just the '11 dog would be fair for all 4 '13 pets. But again, I wouldn't suggest using the "2:1 rule", personally. I didn't think it made sense before the rarity update, and I think it makes even less sense now. Plus, there's the demand of the slumber party pets to consider. I don't think there's any crazy demand for the two PPS pups, and I don't know what the demand for the moon dog is like, but the gray dog can go for decent overpay, and none of the pets on the top have any special demand that I'm aware of.

Using the "3 year rule" for the second trade, and ignoring demand, they'd need to add another '16 EUC to make it fair to you. With demand, you could definitely do better.

Looks pretty unfair to them, although I kind of skimmed it and didn't do all the math. But their pets are older, they have more quantity, and their UC and VUC pets are more than equal to your VC and EUC pets. You both have a rare, but theirs is quite a bit older. I don't see any major differences in demand overall.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 pm

coaliev wrote:
I appreciate any help I can get with this trade, thank you in advance! <3
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kinchovi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 pm

Windi_1 wrote:First one I'm not going to try. The 2nd one, unfair to the bottom. While 2 of the '13 pets looks OK for the '11 pet, you also have the 2 '16 pets. It's unfair to the bottom.

Ilovesmoothies! wrote:All unfair to you. The top one, even the 2012 uncommon for the 2020 rare is major overpay. The bottom is unfair to you due to the demand of the slumber party pets.

musicgurl333 wrote:First trade is unfair to you any way you look at it. If you use the "3 year rule", then your rare bunny plus a small add would be plenty. If you use the "2:1 rule" (which I really do not recommend), then just your '12 UC would be more than enough.

Using the "2:1 rule" for the second trade, and ignoring demand, it would be unfair to the top. Just the '11 dog would be fair for all 4 '13 pets. But again, I wouldn't suggest using the "2:1 rule", personally. I didn't think it made sense before the rarity update, and I think it makes even less sense now. Plus, there's the demand of the slumber party pets to consider. I don't think there's any crazy demand for the two PPS pups, and I don't know what the demand for the moon dog is like, but the gray dog can go for decent overpay, and none of the pets on the top have any special demand that I'm aware of.

Using the "3 year rule" for the second trade, and ignoring demand, they'd need to add another '16 EUC to make it fair to you. With demand, you could definitely do better.

Thank you all so much <3

x╔════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my pet collection
trade thread

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╚════════════════════════════════╝
Kinchovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111262800&userid=245926&signature=NeDHR0i17Q2mHfQVDONTIw

Hello, was this okay because it's an 09 staff dog or should I send one of the store pets back?
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainfall. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 pm

hi all. i don't really care about demand/rarities etc. nowadays, so i'd just like to know if this is anywhere near fair before i accept it. don't wanna get utterly ripped off just in case.. i know nothing about rarities nowadays lol :)
rainfall.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kecko » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:56 am

Kecko wrote:
Kecko wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111260105&userid=37720&signature=GX_VdZ-lCH9Y8SYonI_bow

What would be fair for these items in C$?
ImageImage

Toxic Hoarder: 62 Toxics so far
Kecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abbie. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 am

is this fair?
i'm not really sure what the joker's going for
thanks in advance !
────────────┐
𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭 ██
©
──────
𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫
█ █ ██████████
𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬

──────────────────
hi ! my name is abbie and
i'm from scotland. i am
obsessed with phoebe
bridgers and taylor swift:D
i also love playing stardew
valley & similar games!

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞 ─┐
───────────────
██ 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞
───────────────
abbie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~bad_cat~ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 am

I really need help with this but I really want to keep the cubs and Scorpio dog but is it fair rn? trades/viewtrade.php?id=111283208&userid=1027143&signature=LcaxXTGB0lMzfPUKWusQLg
~bad_cat~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kecko » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 am

Kecko wrote:
Kecko wrote:
Kecko wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111260105&userid=37720&signature=GX_VdZ-lCH9Y8SYonI_bow

What would be fair for these items in C$?
ImageImage

Toxic Hoarder: 62 Toxics so far
Kecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me