Pound lag getting worse?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How bad is your pound lag?

0 it never lags
5%
1-3 seconds could be worse
22%
3-10 seconds I just take the free common
52%
Your guys pound actually loads?
21%

Total votes : 553

Re: Pound lag getting worse?

Postby ButterflyChaser » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:39 pm

Being on mobile has dropped my chances of getting a valuable pet by at least 90%.

My first page had a store dragon, which by the time it took for me to swipe down to see it was too late. I tried at least two other wishlist pets, before finally having to settle for a slightly uncommon.

But it appears the update has not done anything to stop the snipers from catching the high value pets. My guess is those who do get these pets on a regular basis have methods that assist them. The other explanation is that common to very uncommon pets are under reported. People who get the vc's are less excited, less motivated to post about their catch, especially if it is a recent one and the user has several of that one and not interested in collecting them. Those who do post about their finds, might be setting timers and doing their best to be present every time the pound opens, then only post when they get something of value.

It also doesn't help much that posts of missing the pound, seeing nothing but commons, or no wishlist pets, leaving empty handed are discouraged and often weeded out.

The best I can do is be on a desktop and zoom so I don't have to scroll down to see all the pets and hover my mouse cursor over the top left space where the button would load. Being on mobile, I can't do this, thus I've had to settle with mostly low value pets.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:55 pm

Yeah being on mobile has definitely made it impossible to get anything of value since the update. I've managed to snap a few Uncommon + and maybe a rare since the update (idr) but it's never really exciting bc I never see WL pets pop up. πŸ˜‚ So I just settle for some random pet I can put in my adoption center/up for trade.

I almost wonder if making an actual mobile app would help ;-; I'm sure it's been suggested before and I'm sure they have reasons they haven't done it but 😩

I'm grateful for the pound; but it has definitely been frustrating lately. πŸ˜…

As far as the pound pets you got thread; I usually only post there when I'm actually excited about the pet. No matter the rarity. More often than not though, I'm hopping off after I select my pet as I am busy irl with two kids. πŸ˜‚ So I don't always think to post.
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bulrush » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:01 pm

i was finally able to catch a pound opening earlier today (as in the very start i just caught the one open just now but at the tail end) and the site was still lagging despite the easter event being over, wasn't as bad as during the event but i never experienced any degree of lag before this update (which im assuming is the cause now that easter is over). i was on mobile too so i just wanted to get in and out and grabbed a halloween pet i saw nothing too valuable. i have so many pets on my wishlist that hunting for rares isn't something im too pressed about or even able to focus on but a vast majority of the pets i've seen have just been within the year or past year.
bulrush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:35 pm

Back to complain again :LOL:
You guys are right in that the catches thread is definitely skewed to "best of" hits, but it still highlights some of the issues that have been left unaddressed by the changes.

It's really disheartening to sit there for 15+ refreshes after all the first page picks were taken/lagged so hard you didn't even get a shot and know that if you don't pick something soon, you won't get anything at all/anything above a common. You sit there wondering if the next refresh will have a WL or a valued pet... and wonder how long you should keep trying. There's no sense anymore to what might be left/no way to tell. I end up having the archive page open in another tab just to check that I'm able to grab something at least tradable. It's not fun, it's just tedious and dread-inducing.

I have yet to see a rare or above on any page past the 3rd one, and even seeing any on the second or third page is at about 1/10 times the pound opens.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hhound » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:55 pm

i've only gotten two rares with the new pound update plus pound pet amount which i know im new, but i still don't see a rare on any of my pages and i just take whatever common/uncommon that is in the left overs
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚