Pound lag getting worse?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How bad is your pound lag?

0 it never lags
5%
1-3 seconds could be worse
22%
3-10 seconds I just take the free common
52%
Your guys pound actually loads?
21%

Total votes : 553

Re: Pound lag getting worse?

Postby Pallastronomy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

I saw three consecutive good pets on my first three pages and got none of them due to the ten seconds it took just to load the ‘This pet has been adopted by somebody else’ notification. There’s been some improvement since the update, but it’s still frustrating
My TFO LabMy Magistream ScrollMy Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

For the record it's definitely highly affected by rollover numbers. Went back to 5-10ish second load times at this most recent opening.
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leanonom » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 pm

Ha, this pound was a joke. The site crashed for me and I literally only have youtube, FR, and CS up. FR and youtube didn't crash, just CS. So tired of the lag.
~Pet Collection Project~
I'm currently collecting all 2015 pets in memory of a loved one that I lost on 2/21/15. Thank you.

dreamies;
UR Peach Image
Leanonom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Noticed the same issue with the "this pet has already been adopted" page. I had to hit the actual back button on my browser as the page was not loading otherwise.

I DID notice that the "already adopted" page did initially load in at prior-to-update speed, just returning to my pets for adoption view was lagging/not working.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autoRegenesis » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm

I think I clocked 8-10 seconds on every refresh. Usually I barely lag at all, this was new for me.
Sir Quacksly Quackington, Dapperest of Ducks

Avatar by rainbowpanda101, check them out!
autoRegenesis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JonTheWizard » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm

Definitely is
JonTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Regency » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 pm

I've gotten to the point where I'm not excited for it anymore. The update that releases more valuable pets later takes away the fun of refreshing every second and quickly clicking to see if you got the '11 ER or not. You're not expecting to see an '09 VR with 700 pets left.

The pound lag is getting worse and is making it glitch. Earlier literally every pet on the page was being adopted before I would click. It wouldn't show this until I'd clicked on one, and then just that one would show it (and so on and so forth). There's no point in setting alarms for the pound anymore. I used to set them for every pound that I could catch. Now I simply don't care enough to do so. What's the point?
Regency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:06 pm

The update still leaves a lot to be desired.
Clarifying now that this is about the Chance to claim a high value pet, rather than actually obtaining one.

This AM, in addition to slow refreshing between batches with a total of 14 refreshes and ~1300 pets left, there were
-0 rares offered to try for that were not rats or horses (considered low value). 0 stores, vr, or above.
-only 4 wl out offered out of a 70 page wl
-out of those 4, 2 extremely uncommon on the first page that were immediately taken before the page loaded, 1 uncommon on page 8, and then a very uncommon on page 14.

This is very disappointing as the slow release has reduced the times I see a high value pet or even a wl pet rather than stay the same, or increase as the update implies it will.

I would also like to concur with others who have said that it appears the same pool of users continually get the high value pets shown to them/are able to adopt them, based on comments on the pound pets you got thread.

I would like to ask why the pool of high value pets is not being shown equally across all users who visit the pound, especially in times like this when the pound is held at a time that leads to far less people online and thus a smaller pool of users to show pets to.

Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:12 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:The update still leaves a lot to be desired.
Clarifying now that this is about the Chance to claim a high value pet, rather than actually obtaining one.

This AM, in addition to slow refreshing between batches with a total of 14 refreshes and ~1300 pets left, there were
-0 rares offered to try for that were not rats or horses (considered low value). 0 stores, vr, or above.
-only 4 wl out offered out of a 70 page wl
-out of those 4, 2 extremely uncommon on the first page that were immediately taken before the page loaded, 1 uncommon on page 8, and then a very uncommon on page 14.

This is very disappointing as the slow release has reduced the times I see a high value pet or even a wl pet rather than stay the same, or increase as the update implies it will.

I would also like to concur with others who have said that it appears the same pool of users continually get the high value pets shown to them/are able to adopt them, based on comments on the pound pets you got thread.

I would like to ask why the pool of high value pets is not being shown equally across all users who visit the pound, especially in times like this when the pound is held at a time that leads to far less people online and thus a smaller pool of users to show pets to.

I agree on this^^^^ all I see at all anymore is 2022-2024 pets and if by chance I find an older pet it’s uncommon or below- still grateful for anything at all don’t get me wrong- but it’s upsetting that I am there and excited right when the pound opens and I still somehow end up with (todays example) a 2012 very common rat… I’ll still love said rat, he’s cute, just sad bc I see so many people getting rares/VR and I haven’t even seen one more than once since the updates. I found one rare spider since the updates and I haven’t even seen a rare in any of my refreshes other than that :(
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:24 pm

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:I agree on this^^^^ all I see at all anymore is 2022-2024 pets and if by chance I find an older pet it’s uncommon or below- still grateful for anything at all don’t get me wrong- but it’s upsetting that I am there and excited right when the pound opens and I still somehow end up with (todays example) a 2012 very common rat… I’ll still love said rat, he’s cute, just sad bc I see so many people getting rares/VR and I haven’t even seen one more than once since the updates. I found one rare spider since the updates and I haven’t even seen a rare in any of my refreshes other than that :(

Thank you, I agree fully with the sentiment, I am still grateful for the guys I snag (a 2017 dragon today), but it's very frustrating to go from reliably seeing at least 2-3 high value pets, even if they were all on the first page, to try for to.... none.

I also need to add, I was only offered 2 rares over 14 pages, and both were rats that I already owned. While I personally like rats, I would not have adopted them as they hold no value with the rest of the trading community. This brings further frustration when many of the high value pet posts in "Pound pets you got" are doubles for the adopters.

I would prefer a lower value WL over a high value double, but to have neither offered across 14 refreshes is disheartening. How many refreshes are we expected to do?

Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me