Trading special releases.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trading special releases.

Postby darkravenrose » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 pm

First of all, Hi!
I'm not good at expressing myself through text but I'm curious how others feel about what I've been thinking lately.
So please bear with me. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

For the 18th of December I got a avocado but I already have one. This is the first time that I've ever had an extra of the special release and I would love to trade it but the problem is the value. And this is where my question lies.

I tend to think of the special released pets having the same value even though they are a year apart. Only because it's so random and you don't know what you're going to get. It's the same way that I think about the animal eggs during Easter. I know there's others that think the same way I do but it's a unpopular opinion.

And of course I'm not saying all years have the same value, but I think it's reasonable to trade my avocado for the next year s'mores or even the year behind it which is the strawberry shortcake. But I am aware this is a unpopular opinion. And this got me thinking...

Is there a type of person that acts as a broker of sorts on the site, to trade pets for the popular fairness? No matter how many times I try to understand the system I just can't do it with my disability. It makes absolutely no sense to me. To be honest the trades that I accept are the ones that I feel are fair for the amount of effort that it took me to get that pet in the first place. But in this instance this pet was given freely so I don't know if that's the reason that I feel I can easily trade it away.

All of it is just very confusing for me.

But still I would like to know what others think. Am I so far removed from the community of the site that my thinking is too vastly different or is it a reasonable sounding request?
Trade Tread Here
Free Raffle Tread Here
Looking for this pet!
<----

darkravenrose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trading special releases.

Postby Chloe Blue 2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:59 pm

Honestly, I feel like it would be fair to swap special releases, but when it comes to pet seniority (whether it be an old pet from the original release date or a rerelease) I feel like some additional pets/items should be added to make the trade more fair. (For example, when trading if I were to swap my pancakes for an older special release, I would probably add more rares to my side of the trade to make up for the seniority difference.) I also think it should be taken into consideration of the special release is a fan-favorite/particularly highly sought after.

lol idk if this makes sense, but i hope it helps!
also happy new year everyone!!
╔═══════════╗

flower enthusiast. foodie.
internet addict. adventurer.
story teller. occasional poet.
message me :^)
my plant wife
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 11 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
I have nuked 1 people.
I have received 0 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.

made by henna.

╚═══════════╝
Chloe Blue 2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:43 pm

I'm pretty sure one of the big topics after the rarity overhaul was making all UR foods/objects interchangeable, or at least in two levels of value (a high for "desirable/cute" and lower for "rotten/unpopular") which honestly I would consider a good decision. though it would mean an apple = a banana, which my Oldie User Brain freaks out at, but overall I think it would be a good standardization.

the closest I can get to what you're looking for is the FTT ("Is this a Fair Trade" thread), but honestly 90% of the time on there nowadays you get no reply at all, or the advice is... unhelpful, at best. there's some good eggs in there and I applaud them for trying, but imo the overall helpfulness feels like it's really worn thin. :\
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LunaLate » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:18 am

Chloe Blue 2 wrote:Honestly, I feel like it would be fair to swap special releases, but when it comes to pet seniority (whether it be an old pet from the original release date or a rerelease) I feel like some additional pets/items should be added to make the trade more fair. (For example, when trading if I were to swap my pancakes for an older special release, I would probably add more rares to my side of the trade to make up for the seniority difference.) I also think it should be taken into consideration of the special release is a fan-favorite/particularly highly sought after.

lol idk if this makes sense, but i hope it helps!
also happy new year everyone!!

Most of the newer URs are actually considered MORE valuable than older URs according to Horror’s guide, because they have been rereleased for more years and thus there are more of them, plus the new ones have inflated demand for a while after release.
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:09 am

According to the successful swaps thread, the UR smores trades between 1.5 to 2 Nons, while the UR avocado tops out at 1 Non max. I think you would have a lot of trouble trying to find someone willing to straight swap their smores for your avocado.

The issue is the demand between the two URs. The smores has popular demand because it's newer, it has adorably fun growing stages, and the end result is a delicious lil pet fun to dress up. Users are willing to trade more valuable pets for it because it's so cute. I think the avocado is cute too but demand seems to be average for most users, therefore it trades for less.

To trade your ur avocado for a ur smores would mean adding more pets to your side. Something that's valued at .5 non like balloon dogs, sorbet dogs, or toxic dogs. Dogs like that with your ur avocado may get you in the running for a smores. That or making up the difference with c$. That's my advice, if you want any.

I am trying to trade off my nick unicorn, since I also have two now, and it's been tricky navigating trades with its up and down demand. I get it!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me