Trade discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade discussion

Postby Tumbleweed25 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:14 am

just to make it clear this is not to spread hate in anyway so please don't post rants, if your not sure what you can post then you can check out the forum rules

anywho this is just to talk about trades and other related topics
I will post a topic I've been thinking of but feel free to start a new one not related

Something I have noticed is some people looking to trade stuff for this current and past events put all their pets including doubles into one group and tell people to only trade for doubles, now I understand not wanting to separate the group but what I don't get is why do some people get so mad when you accidentally trade for something that wasn't double. I've had people like blow up on me for it, and it just seems irrational at times. I feel like theres an underlying issue here though on why some are getting angry about these things, like maybe people ignore the only trade for doubles rule often or something like that, so please share yall's insight! and again, this is not supposed to sound rude or insulting to anyone who doesn't separate pets I genuinely want to know if theres been some issues going on with it causing some to get angry.
Tumbleweed25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade discussion

Postby lavender moon » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:17 am

Tumbleweed25 wrote:just to make it clear this is not to spread hate in anyway so please don't post rants, if your not sure what you can post then you can check out the forum rules

anywho this is just to talk about trades and other related topics
I will post a topic I've been thinking of but feel free to start a new one not related

Something I have noticed is some people looking to trade stuff for this current and past events put all their pets including doubles into one group and tell people to only trade for doubles, now I understand not wanting to separate the group but what I don't get is why do some people get so mad when you accidentally trade for something that wasn't double. I've had people like blow up on me for it, and it just seems irrational at times. I feel like theres an underlying issue here though on why some are getting angry about these things, like maybe people ignore the only trade for doubles rule often or something like that, so please share yall's insight! and again, this is not supposed to sound rude or insulting to anyone who doesn't separate pets I genuinely want to know if theres been some issues going on with it causing some to get angry.

i've had issues with this too. i don't really understand it. i have separate trading groups and lock all other groups save for my friends. i wonder if people have just forgotten that you can lock groups or make them only for friends.
█ │ Image
█ │
──────☆☆── ©
█ │

┌──────┐

she / they
always open for
trades.

└──────┘
lavender moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 am

Sometimes it happens on my monthly groups. I don't always have time or enough pets to make a separate group for them. I am however polite when I cancel. I just tell them I don't have a spare but thanks for offering.

My main issue is how do I draw anyone to my post in the trade thread? Even if I bump it every time I check my phone I still don't see anything. I don't get it. Is it that I have nothing available people want or they just don't see my post?

I'm not asking for trades here, but ways to improve my strategy.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tumbleweed25 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:28 pm

ButterflyChaser wrote:Sometimes it happens on my monthly groups. I don't always have time or enough pets to make a separate group for them. I am however polite when I cancel. I just tell them I don't have a spare but thanks for offering.

My main issue is how do I draw anyone to my post in the trade thread? Even if I bump it every time I check my phone I still don't see anything. I don't get it. Is it that I have nothing available people want or they just don't see my post?

I'm not asking for trades here, but ways to improve my strategy.

I would try mainly bumping when you notice a lot of activity on cs, like when you can see a lot of post popping up quickly on the main page, that way you can get more people to see it, and usually more people are trading during these times. I know some choose to type in all caps or advertise that they have lots of lists/rares etc. to bring in people. I have the same issue sometimes though, and i've noticed it usually depends on the activity of other users at the time.
Tumbleweed25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me