✨ Trading New OMGSRs Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you have any general ideas for how OMGSR trading will work now?

I think OMGSRs can reliably swap 1:1 based on rarity alone.
19%
I think OMGSRs should be evaluated based on rarity change history, and those with higher previous rarities should be valued more highly.
14%
I think OMGSRs are all worth roughly the same based on rarity, but should be traded more along the lines of demand.
25%
I think OMGSRs should be evaluated both on rarity change history as well as demand.
40%
I have other thoughts (please feel free to share in the thread!)
1%

Total votes : 424

✨ Trading New OMGSRs Discussion

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:16 am

Hello everyone! I wanted to start a new discussion - I hope it doesn’t seem too much like this is just blowing up the forums haha.

I felt this could serve a distinct purpose that was not covered by either the New OMGSRs Discussion - purposed for chatting about the changes - nor covered by the thread I started for discussing general new trading standards - meant to encourage discussion around trading that maybe doesn’t reach all the way up to OMGSR (but please feel free to propose OMGSR thoughts there if you would still like to!)

But rather to let there be a space for people who maybe have thoughts or opinions on trading on the higher end of value to discuss thoughts around how new OMGSRs might fit into the trading scene where old OMGSRs have tended to hang out, and how it might make sense to go about making adjustments? ^^ I’m no longer an active trader on CS and have no personal stake in a lot of this, so I want to offer some room & space for others to discuss in a way that doesn’t feel like anyone has to decide on a new system right here and now.

The biggest discussion points I see being brought up come from two different places and even seem to be direct contractions of each other:
1) OMGSRs should now be able to swap fairly and evenly 1:1
2) OMGSRs are now a broad and vague category, and need careful consideration to decide where we value them in relation to each other.

I've also seen it proposed that it would be worth considering a new trading standard for "ER" pets that relates them closer up to OMGSR rather than down towards VRs and other rarities. Does anyone have further thoughts on this?

I’d love to see some in-depth discussion around these points! I think it could be easier to do here on a separate thread without alienating any players who maybe mostly stick to lower rarity trading aside from dream pets.
Last edited by Loelya on Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Special Release OMGSRs

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:16 am

-
For reference, I'll be marking "brand new" OMGSRs (pets that have never been OMGSR before this update) with a red border!

OMGSR General Categories
(please feel free to offer more if you think there are other distinct categories to discuss!)

“Special Release OMGSRs”

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImage

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Standard Release OMGSRs

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:53 am

“Standard-Release OMGSRs”

2008 July
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

2008 August

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

2008 September

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

2008 October

2008 November

2008 Halloween

2008 Christmas

Image Image
Image Image

2009 Monthly Pets

2009 Staff Birthdays & April Fool's

Image Image

2009 Easter
Image Image

2009 CS Birthday

2009 Halloween

Image Image
Last edited by Loelya on Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:35 am, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store Pet OMGSRs

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:54 am

“Store Pet OMGSRs”

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Image Image

Last edited by Loelya on Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✨ Trading New OMGSRs Discussion

Postby Crouchy » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:25 am

There are some new OMGSR you don’t have listed here. You might know that … should we add some if we see that? Feel free to delete this.
Pet's name: Jelly
Crouchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:36 am

Crouchy wrote:There are some new OMGSR you don’t have listed here. You might know that … should we add some if we see that? Feel free to delete this.

I'm still working on adding some more! ^^ if you look at the bottom of this post, I have a little "[wip]" marker since I haven't finished adding to that category. but if you see any "special release" or "store" OMGSRs that I missed, please feel free to post them!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trading New OMGSRs Discussion (Poll Added!)

Postby Loelya » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:43 am

Okay I think I've gotten everything! if I missed anything, please feel free to let me know. ^^ I also added a poll to encourage discussion if anyone would like to jump in.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:33 am

I think that very few people are going to take any OMGSR for another one, especially when it comes to rats. So demand is going to have to be a factor, where we ideally want it to be or not.

Personally it would also make sense to take previous OMGSR status and rarity change dates into account. These are indicators of how much more OMGSR something might be than another. It wouldn't really be fair to trade one OMGSR for another, when we reliably can guess that one of them is probably five times rarer than the other.

Although the 1:1 trading would be good for many players, I just don't see that becoming a reality considering that demand and rarity truly are vastly different among the new OMGSR's. I don't advocate for something as complicated and exact as the previous lists, since we've discovered that things we thought were close to the old OMGSR's aren't even new OMGSR's, but I think a few tiers would be a good idea.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forevermine » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:03 am

I don’t think we should take the previous rarities too much into consideration since they are more spread out now , and not as grouped together as it once was especially with very rares. It feels much more accurate now. If an omg so rare was more rare than another then it wouldn’t be an omg so rare. Now demand is a whole different story. Way blown up especially with the raven for example, and it wasn’t even as rare as we thought it was considering it’s an extremely rare. It’s a newer store than the seal pps and it’s near 7-8x the worth demand wise minimum. It feels to me demand is what has always controlled worth more than rarity ever has

Image . Image . Image . Image
forevermine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:39 am

forevermine wrote:I don’t think we should take the previous rarities too much into consideration since they are more spread out now , and not as grouped together as it once was especially with very rares. It feels much more accurate now. If an omg so rare was more rare than another then it wouldn’t be an omg so rare. Now demand is a whole different story. Way blown up especially with the raven for example, and it wasn’t even as rare as we thought it was considering it’s an extremely rare. It’s a newer store than the seal pps and it’s near 7-8x the worth demand wise minimum. It feels to me demand is what has always controlled worth more than rarity ever has

I agree with this 100%
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes