May 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby Raire » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:22 am

Mouse 13 wrote:Mantis Shrimp?

Henlo!

They're based on shrimps, the rat that grew last is indeed a mantis shrimp! :>
You'll have to ask Koikee about the others, I only know about the Purple Zebra shrimp as it was the one I begged Koi to do hahaha.

@dogtreat
I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR LAST POST! HOW. HOW.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mouse 13 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:25 am

:D
I love them!
I also love rocks so a little sad they're not agate too :'
Mouse 13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:26 am

That just means some artist can make agate pets in the future ;D
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mouse 13 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:29 am

if they don't I'll just apply to be an artist and make them myself >.>

agate chickens :0
Last edited by Mouse 13 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mouse 13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:35 am

Raire wrote:That just means some artist can make agate pets in the future ;D

Or the food coloring milk experiment QuQ
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 am

Raire wrote:
Mouse 13 wrote:Mantis Shrimp?

Henlo!

They're based on shrimps, the rat that grew last is indeed a mantis shrimp! :>
You'll have to ask Koikee about the others, I only know about the Purple Zebra shrimp as it was the one I begged Koi to do hahaha.

@dogtreat
I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR LAST POST! HOW. HOW.

{OHH, more shrimp rats, I would not have guessed that at all !! I love it! Hopefully Koikee will have a chance to share the other shrimp types! ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:03 pm

Now that everything's grown, time to reflect on my predictions from the first day of the month...

Catsplat18 wrote:Image The dogs are giving me sciencey vibes, like these plant cell cats from 2021. I'm thinking test tubes? Or swamp themed? Or maybe it's actually some kind of drink? I like the contrast between the chalky white dog and the effervescent green blanket!

Nope lol. Happy we got an EPPS though!

Catsplat18 wrote:Image Definitely thinking sunrise and sunset (or dawn and dusk, or day and night) over the ocean for these cats! I love the clouds, the half and half, the stars on the twilight side, and the glimmering sea. I wish one of these would've been an EPPS, I'm just a sucker for pretty skies and water.

Yay, I was correct! Absolutely beautiful litter. Maybe for the Christmas event we can get a "lost sibling" that looks like the first stage? A half-and-half adult cat would be super cool.

Catsplat18 wrote:Image This one is giving me a magic/witch/wizard solar eclipse vibe. Maybe some quilts or antique mystical fabric/robes? Would be sooo cute if one of the adults ended up having a witch hat like that one lion from Halloween.

It was royalty instead of wizards, but it's still giving a magic vibe! And I even somehow guessed a hat?? Well, a crown, not a witch hat, but still! Love it!

Catsplat18 wrote:Image Australian cattle dog/heeler vibes for sure. Merle/roan is really hard to draw and I appreciate all of the CS pets with this coat pattern!

Was wrong about heelers -- didn't think about the coonhounds! But I love all of the markings. Realistic dog coats on other lines has been a nice recurring theme; what will be next?

Catsplat18 wrote:Image I love draft horses! One of my favorite linearts and I'm so happy when they pop up as monthlies. Right now all I can think of is this cat, but I'm never one to say no to pastels or color gradients. It would be amazing if they ended up being a pastel version of the 2009 rainbow drafts, but this one has more spots than the first stage of those. Either way, I can see the callback and I love the new, non-eyestrain spin on them.

I was so off!! As soon as the first one grew to stage 2 I knew I was wrong lol. It was a crazy surprise and super creative, but now I'm imagining a litter like I imagined lol... not that I'll ever become a CS artist ;)

Catsplat18 wrote:Image These remind me of the 2016 ice dogs, but they do also seem like glass. I love all of the see-through drink/bottle/terrarium pets (ex. these hammies), and I think it'll be cute on the pony lines.

I'm happy I was right about these! The fish (and shrimp and snail) tanks were great! We need more! Maybe one with frogs or reptiles?? Or bugs for Halloween?

Catsplat18 wrote:Image May is mental health awareness month, and these remind me of the 2021 autism awareness rats. I could see their pattern forming ribbons when they grow up. Love the light rainbow gradient.

I was so wrong! And I was so convinced I figured it out XD. They're gorgeous and I'd love to see which shrimp they're all based on!

Catsplat18 wrote:Image I'm usually terrible at guessing BWs. The colors and the slightly random line placement is kind of giving me ridiculous '90s shirts/arcade floor patterns. But I'm probably totally off the mark as usual. Either way, bright and cheerful colors paired with that blank smiley caterpillar face is off to a good start.

I think this was another abstract litter, as BWs often are. Love the surprise orange one.

Catsplat18 wrote:Image I was thinking these might be clothing buttons at first, but with the simple design and minimal shading I totally agree with others' idea that this is going to be a realistic pet snake litter, likely ball/royal pythons or corn snakes, with a wide variety of morphs, and I feel dumb for not thinking of that myself! I would absolutely love this, but I am going to be irritated if there's a spider ball python in the mix :,)

Yup, it was the ball python morphs! I loved this idea and would love to see more litters like this, including morphs of other species or just different species in general. And yay there was no spider morph ;)

Catsplat18 wrote:Image This was a cute pairing! I like the simplicity of the calico pattern mixed with the rainbow colors. It gives lots of different outcomes but a nice cohesive family.

Yup! Good combos of colors and patterns.

And I didn't make predictions for the endangered species ones, but those were an amazing surprise and I love the masterlist of what everything is! So much effort and creativity! Amazing job, FleshCanvas!

And amazing job to all of the artists!
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| istp || true neutral ||
slytherin || scorpio || agnostic || bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:58 pm

so have any of u guys noticed how uncommon the black and white/rainbow draft horse seems to be? :0 i have a hoard of all the outcomes sitting one or two off from 85 and i only have like three or four of that outcome! i wonder if it might turn rare...? prolly just uncommon, but i think a rare draft horse from that litter would be cool!
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:34 pm

onion wrote:so have any of u guys noticed how uncommon the black and white/rainbow draft horse seems to be? :0 i have a hoard of all the outcomes sitting one or two off from 85 and i only have like three or four of that outcome! i wonder if it might turn rare...? prolly just uncommon, but i think a rare draft horse from that litter would be cool!

I got two from my monthly adopts, so I’d guess common, personally. I’m fond of the design, and I wouldn’t be surprised if many people were holding onto them purely for the aesthetic. :)
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitandangel » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am

Hey! I am SO late to the draw on this, but I was looking at my Endangered Species pets again and there are quite a few where I don't know what animal they're meant to represent, does anyone have a species list? I apologize if this has already been answered, I've just been very curious lol!

EDIT: Thanks for the person who provided most of the list!

There were three that were not included, but I think I've figured 2 of them out. The only one I'm still struggling with is this one fox. I THINK it might be a Humphead Wrasse, but if anyone knows if it's something different, please let me know! :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Hello! I am kitandangel (any pronouns) and I really love cats! I also love dragons, wolves, foxes, animals in general, and I'm in a lot of fandoms! Feel free to DM at any time! Have a good day/night!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kitandangel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me