Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby tenor » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 am

onion wrote:-snip-

nice on mobile.... riiiiight........ about that xD

it's checkerboarded ^^ i think it's cute on mobile!
πŸ€ α˜›βΜ€α•α· 🐁
β™‘ rats | orange | romantic β™‘
trades | giveaways | poems
mischief | mini mischief | orange hoard
my cs world record
🐭 🍊 🐭
(goose, purrah, jasmine, captain)
ImageImageImageImage
tenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

@tenor;; oh i guess it is a checkerboard! i guess what bothers me is the lil odd guy out at the bottom all on their own lol. idk x)

to not spam, i wanted to say ive slowly but surely been increasing my onion rats!! its so exciting to watch the number grow! i have a soft goal of 1k! after that... well maybe ill keep going. prolly. but they wont be as big of a priority. :0
    λͺ¨λ“  dataλ₯Ό λͺ¨μ•„ mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en α“šα˜α—’
    like du du du du du! Image

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarcastic Hawke » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:57 am

nemohappyturtlepants wrote:Question about hoarding:
Why do a lot of people make hoards of just like 20 pets or something? All of my hoards are infinite ones. I just want as many as possible!
No judgment at all! I'm just curious what makes people want only 20 or so of a pet?

I usually do hoards of 100! I've started to do hoards of just 20 for rares now, as since the rarity update they just seem even harder to trade for.

But mainly I think most people do 20 because like others said, it's the amount of pets that fit on one page & it's a manageable number to trade for. I have hoards that I've been working on for YEARS and haven't got 100 yet...

I do have a few infinite hoards though, mostly of more common pets!

Don't ask my opinion,

Don't ask me to lie...
Then beg for forgiveness
For making you cry...

⋆ FlightRising ✣ Tumblr ✣ Moonbeasts ⋆

Sarcastic Hawke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 am

Yeah, aside from my weird hoards, if I am collecting one pet specifically I will just go for twenty. I mostly use them to show off items. I personally do not find joy in collecting lots and lots of the same pet, which is not to say people who do are wrong. Just a personal preference thing, haha

Twenty is a nice, tight goal and I can see them all on one page.
уσυ αяє Ο‰Π½Ξ±Ρ‚ уσυ ℓσνє, Ξ·ΟƒΡ‚ Ο‰Π½Οƒ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒢𝓋𝑒 π“π‘œπ“‹π‘’π’Ή 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“‰π’Άπ“‡π“ˆ π“‰π‘œπ‘œ π’»π‘œπ“ƒπ’Ήπ“π“Ž π“‰π‘œ 𝒷𝑒 π’»π‘’π’Άπ“‡π’»π“Šπ“ π‘œπ’» 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 am

Why do a lot of people make hoards of just like 20 pets or something? All of my hoards are infinite ones. I just want as many as possible!
No judgment at all! I'm just curious what makes people want only 20 or so of a pet?

Echoing the other shared thoughts here, but I generally hoard 20 of an outcome or litter to have them fit in a page!
    Aside from a couple of unlimited or special hoards, all of my hoards are nested into one group, so having 20 of an outcome means that each page is its own unique hoard.
    The only real difficulty I face with this structure is that I have to stagger certain hoards - if I'm hoarding multiple event pets, I have to make sure to limit the adoption date range to ensure that outcomes of one kind all fit together and don't overlap into a separate page. ^^;
|x|x|xβ”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|xβ””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 am

Recently hit 600 star rats!
definitely one of my favourite litters on the site and even from my birthday month.
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am

I haven’t done any hoards in awhile, and I thought maybe I’d hoard this guy’s litter to get back into it but he [and all his littermates] are definitely proving a real challenge to get ahold of ahah ^^”

definitely my fault for picking such a pretty outcome.

everyone else’s hoards are looking really nice <3 you guys have got some lovely tastes!
    also @lennie your hoard group is so unbelievably satisfying to look at, well done man!
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 pm

I have way too many hoard pets. It would work for a few, but if I had 1800 unlimited hoards, I'd probably go insane :'D
But when I only hoard up to 20 I still get a whole page of them AND the satisfaction of taking them off my wishlist. Plus it's a good number for checker hoards.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortveil » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:55 pm

Raire wrote:

I have way too many hoard pets. It would work for a few, but if I had 1800 unlimited hoards, I'd probably go insane :'D
But when I only hoard up to 20 I still get a whole page of them AND the satisfaction of taking them off my wishlist. Plus it's a good number for checker hoards.

For sure! I enjoy having a mixture of 20/50/100/infinite etc. Plus sometimes I'll start to wl hoard something but don't actively look for it, then like 2 years later I don't hsve the motivation anymore for that specific pet lol

Like Raire I also like seeing a full page of an outcome, so if I never really look past first page then I don't feel the need to hoard past that a lot of the time. Then there are checker hoards/item combo hoards. I love this group to bits, but every pets has 4 items and it can take a while, I wouldn't do more than a page because I hoard them to look at the combo haha:

I'm looking to do a lot more item/pets hoard combos because I really like how they look, mothman hoodies where are you lol. But it can be a pain and I would never do more than 20 of a combo hoard! Still collecting these jellyfish for this page, but it just looks so good in a group of 20 ya know:
Do the macarena in a devil’s lair

Mortveil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:19 am

I feel the same as everyone else; 20 is the number you can fit on a page and it just looks nice. I used to do more pet hoards and larger ones as well. I used to make 50,100, or even more. Some of them I disbanded and others I condensed and stuck into my 20 group. Since 2014 though, I have some infinite hoards and I don't want that competition with other hoards. My infinite hoards are all items except for one pet.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me