Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby not zinnia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:42 pm

Kecko wrote:[
Thank you! I used to write whole backstories for them on the CS Pet Pairs forum πŸ˜‚

Congratulations on your hoard!!! What made you start hoarding those cute little puppies? :)

Aww thanks for asking! So I adore silken windhounds as a breed, and it's a huge goal of mine to own one one day (or a borzoi, or both!) In general I'm obsessed with dogs, as you'll see by some of my other pet groups such as my realistic dog group, haha :) The lineart is a little wonky but I find it incredibly charming.

I was thinking of hoarding the borzoi store dogs, but tbh those are a bit too expensive for me!! So these little PPS guys are a better alternative for that reason, too.
β€œLove does not make me gentle or kind.” β€”Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red

Art Shop β€’ TH
not zinnia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarcastic Hawke » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm

not zinnia wrote:-snip- I wonder, and I'd love to pose this question to you and everyone else... how many hoards are too many for you? I have exactly 10 hoards (of I believe 21 or 22 distinct pets), and idk if I'd want to go higher than that. But the idea of disbanding a hoard makes me SO sad, so idk if I would ever do it...

Honestly I don't think there is a limit to how many hoards I'll have? Overall I think it just depends on if you like a pet enough to hoard it, and how many pets fall into that category that determines how many hoards you can have imo. For example, if I had 20 hoards and 3 new pets came out that I wanted hoards of, I'd thus have 23 hoards.

In terms of active hoards, I do get tired of trading for certain pets sometimes, especially if they're difficult to find. So having a ton of hoards going at once is nice in that I have a few others to fall back to and collect while I'm recouping my energy for the harder pets. Also if you complete a hoard, I don't see a reason to disband it? Unless you truly no longer like the pet(s) anymore. Have as many completed/uncompleted hoards as you like! Hope this made sense lol I'm tired and it's late.

EDIT: TLDR If I like it I hoard it and I don't care how many hoards that gives me lol

PS: I have...so many hoards...I haven't actually counted but you can take a look at all my hoard groups below my trades.

Don't ask my opinion,

Don't ask me to lie...
Then beg for forgiveness
For making you cry...

⋆ FlightRising ✣ Tumblr ✣ Moonbeasts ⋆

Sarcastic Hawke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:26 pm

posting here to update people, i reached 96 bmds right before my birthday! i was hoping to reach for 100 but trading is horrible rn and i have basically no lower value lists to trade so im at a little bit of a standstill!
i also have a lot left over to dressup and basically 0 inspiration lol so some of the recent additions are nakie, excuse them.

ummm in other news, i finally finished this hoard after 3 years lol ;; these guys were a PAIN

aaand im sooo close to finally finishing my very first hoard i started after coming back from my hiatus in 2018!
these guys are so special to me, they are part of the reason i stayed instead of quitting as i was supposed to when i came back to give all my pets away LOL! at this point ive been playing cs more as an adult than i did as a kid, so thats super crazy to me. it will be bittersweet to finally reach 2000 but i promised myself i will cap them at that all the way back in 2018 so thats what i will do : )

i also want to remind everyone my trading group is free for hoarders, limit of 10 pets per person per month! anyone feel free to send a trade, provided you link me to your hoards so i can see some nice pets : D

good luck on your lovely hoards everyone!!

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leanonom » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 pm

Some updates on my Hoards~~~~ <3

I've decided to TRULY commit to some of my hoards, and some of them I even put limits on!

First one is this little guy! Ever since the Christmas I was debating on hoarding them or not. So finally, I made a small hoard of 50!

Next up is my Hulk hoard, which consists of 40 of the same dog <3

I caved and started a Strawberry dog hoard! I'm at 69/100 of them so I'm still looking for some!

My Snake Rats Hoard is complete with 80 rats in total!

My Snake BW Hoard is also complete with 216 in there <3

I hit the halfway point of my Moth Wolf Hoard with 505/1,000 pets :) I have a wide variety in there so I'm always looking for more!

Finished my small Krampus hoard with 30 pets!

My Spider Wed Babies is almost done, Just looking for three more of this guy!

And finally I'm halfway to my Dinosaur Hoard goal with 63/120!! So exciting!!!
~Pet Collection Project~
I'm currently collecting all 2015 pets in memory of a loved one that I lost on 2/21/15. Thank you.

dreamies;
UR Peach Image
Leanonom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizaka » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:09 am

I generally just hoard whatever I can get my hands on, not necessarily trading up specifically for them. But if I'm able to, I might. Mostly just casual hoarding.

The first thing I started hoarding when I joined in 2020 was any space themed pet. ^_^ I love them so much and they are pretty. I call it The Final Frontier (mostly cause I found it funny..)
He's not currently In the hoard (I have him in Dressed Up rn), but I kinda consider this little guy the mascot. ^_^

The second thing I started hoarding was Christmas pets. :') I initially was going for just pretty ones, then just one of each.. now I've got almost all the pets from the advents put in there. (the ones that I own, that is) I sometimes do and sometimes don't put the regular December pets in depending on whether they give me Christmas vibes.
This one's also in Dressed Up atm, but one of my Christmas mascots. :3
I like both of these themes so much I tend to have a lot of the items related to these hoarded too so I can try and dress those pets up when i get the chance.

There's a few other small hoards I'm working on, but one I started a few months(?) ago was Cafe. It initially started with just these coffee themed butterfly wolves. Image
And now has turned into whatever makes me think of a coffee shop. ^_^' Latte is the mascot for these guys. (currently in Dressed Up)

Aizaka - so I can find my post later
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P.J. » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:32 am

I'm new to hoards and want to start up some :3
So far I've only got this dandelion hoard ;w; Dandelions are my favorite plant so yee <: only have 9 so far
P.J.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 pm

my onion rat hoard has hit over 800! woo! i hope to hit 1k by lets say... june maybe? thatd be awesome!!! thanks to all the chicken smoothians that have helped me along the way :3 i love my onion ratties
    λͺ¨λ“  dataλ₯Ό λͺ¨μ•„ mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en α“šα˜α—’
    like du du du du du! Image

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm

Image Image

How could I not hoard them? Honestly, look at the cuteness! I don't like settling on a hoard on day 1 of an event, because I don't know what else is to come, but I really cannot resist those two. ^^

not zinnia wrote:-snip- I wonder, and I'd love to pose this question to you and everyone else... how many hoards are too many for you? I have exactly 10 hoards (of I believe 21 or 22 distinct pets), and idk if I'd want to go higher than that. But the idea of disbanding a hoard makes me SO sad, so idk if I would ever do it...

I would guess everyone feels differently about the number of hoards they feel comfortable with. I have hundreds of hoards. For me: too many = it becomes too difficult to sort through and navigate my groups. I go through my hoard groups about twice a year and disband those that I no longer feel attached to. While the number of hoards keeps growing, it's growing at a slow pace.
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:17 pm

Libelle wrote:Image Image

How could I not hoard them? Honestly, look at the cuteness! I don't like settling on a hoard on day 1 of an event, because I don't know what else is to come, but I really cannot resist those two. ^^

omg same!!! but I can’t limit myself to just 2 outcomes, I adore this lineart edit so much and I can’t recall ever seeing it before (specifically the upright ears!)
your hoard’s color coordination is gonna be soo satisfying tho!!
ImageImage

π–₯” ⋆.ೃ࿔.π–₯” hey, i'm kat π–₯” ⋆.ೃ࿔.π–₯”

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

β‹†ΰ±¨ΰ§ŽβŸ‘Λ– have a lovely day! ΰ±¨ΰ§ŽβŸ‘Λ–
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:54 pm

kotak wrote:
Libelle wrote:Image Image

omg same!!! but I can’t limit myself to just 2 outcomes, I adore this lineart edit so much and I can’t recall ever seeing it before (specifically the upright ears!)
your hoard’s color coordination is gonna be soo satisfying tho!!

Image Image

We had similar-ish floppy ears during Easter 2017, and we had long upright ears during Easter 2021. That's all that I can remember right now. I'd love to see your hoard once it's a little further along! ^^
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me