Tell me how you play event

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Tell me how you play event

Postby *~*PenderGhasm*~* » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:44 am

QUESTIONS
1. what is each pet at unknown worth?
It inherently depends on the pet.
If I paid tokens for a pet - I assume it will be rare, because the rate at which people collect token varies. If its a freebie and I generally see a lot of them, I assume common/Very common. If it's a freebie and I see a LOT of people asking for it in the swaps, I assume it's either uncommon or rare, especially if I missed it and am trying to butter someone up into trading it to me.

2. what is each token worth?
Depends where we are in the event and how hard the token is to comeby. General tokens you have to collect I put at being worth another token, if its a token you have to trade other tokens for, or an item you trade for that you then turn in for a pet, then its worth the tokens it was traded for of a pet variation that you would have traded the token for. Towards the end of the event, the most I'll pay for a token is 1C$.

3. does the amount of tokens change the demand of the pet?
Absolutely, not all tokens are found at the same rates and if it costs more tokens to obtain then it took longer to get that pet because you have to wait until you get the right number of each token.

4. what pet is most likely to be hoarded?
Typically either the most unique lineart or some lion variation. It has to stand out to attract a lot of hoarders, and lion hoarders instantly inflate the value of lions, even the most common ones.

5. for events without tokens are the pets treated as normal or event?
I treat them as normal if they were freebies, although if I notice an outcome is in short supply I treat it as a bit more valuable than the rest, but it isn't in the same ranks as a token pet ever.

6. how much time to you spend hunting?
I typically set a timer on my phone to try and hunt every 20 minutes (or however long the hunt is) I don't stay up late to hunt, and there are times where Im not around my phone, so I'm inconsistent at best.

7. how many trades do you make?

Depends on if I miss a lot of outcomes or am hoarding something. I typically want to get as many trades out as possible to snatch up what I'm hoarding in case someone else is hoarding the same thing. I'm terrible for sending multiple trades to people who have declined me before in my mad rush, I don't mean to do it though.

8. what do you mainly look for?

I like unique linearts whose edits might not happen again. I always try to get 1 of every outcome for an event because event pets shoot up in value as soon as token trade-ins finish. I still have some from 2013 that I just CANNOT get a hold of.

9 do you go after items as much?
Not really, its only recently that I've been willing to spend tokens on items. I don't trade items often, so they aren't as good as fodder, so unless I love the item I'd rather trade in for pets. That said, I loved the skulls in last year's summer event, so I got a bunch.

10. most important do you trade your new event pets for older ones?
I always try to keep uncommon's/rares from events earlier in the year in reserve in case I need to trade for a new event pet - like banner pets, I have no control over getting them myself, one year I didn't get any and there were like...3 variations. If someone was offering me an older event pet for a new one I had to trade...I'd probably accept it, but I wouldn't expect someone else to accept if I was asking for an older pet.
*~*PenderGhasm*~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tell me how you play event

Postby Amyloid » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:08 am

1. what is each pet at unknown worth?
Uhh... I would assume that a pet is rare or at least uncommon if I gave tokens.Otherwise if the pet is free I'd assume that the ones I get most are going to be common and below and the ones I got least would be uncommon. I don't really care since I only trade doubles usually.
2. what is each token worth?
I think they all are the same except for the banner pets. (I got scammed once.... long story.)
3. does the amount of tokens change the demand of the pet?
I don't really know, but I think so. I'd usually avoid the ones which cost a lot of tokens, though.
4. what pet is most likely to be hoarded?
I don't hoard pets that much. But I'd probably hoard something very common because they are easy to get and sometimes they look better then the rares.
5. for events without tokens are the pets treated as normal or event?
Well I treat them all the same, but you can see the theme in the event pets and it stands out.
6. how much time to you spend hunting?
Whenever I have the chance, although usually I just forget about it.
7. how many trades do you make?
A few, unless I have something I really want.
8. what do you mainly look for?
event tokens.
9 do you go after items as much?
nope. Unless it is clothing.
10. most important do you trade you new event pets for older ones?
Maybe, I only trade doubles.
Hi there! Call me Amy. I'm usually active!
Amyloid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me