The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Postby Lennie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:54 am

Dubstepbacon wrote:What would this pet be worth?

The Fairy PPS Lion would be worth the three month rule.
DemonReaper wrote:What’s this guy worth
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

The Champagne Ferret Dog would also be worth the three month rule~

In the case of both of these pets, any added value on the part of demand would be up to trading users ^^
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JEddi » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 am

Curious, how much would this pet be worth?
WIP
JEddi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maetis » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 am

Hello, how much is this pet worth?
Maetis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friendofmaractuses » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:22 pm

Image is this guinea pig just worth the 3 month rule or does he have demand? I'm trying to start trading up to get one :)!
friendofmaractuses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RIPPetra » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Guys, could someone please remind me what the rule of thumb is for pet trading?

It's 2:1... 2 what for 1 what?

2 uncommons for 1 rare? I think that's it. But it doesn't make sense. I thought uncommons were basically worthless, and only rare pets were truly worth anything. Uncommons seem more like a PWYW (pay what you want) kind of thing because they are so easy to obtain every day from the pound.
*notices you*
RIPPetra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:35 pm

JEddi wrote:Image

Curious, how much would this pet be worth?

Three month rule ^^

Maetis wrote:Hello, how much is this pet worth?

This litter was an extended release from January 2009 to April 2010, meaning this pup would be considered a 2010 rare and is worth the three month rule.

friendofmaractuses wrote:Image is this guinea pig just worth the 3 month rule or does he have demand? I'm trying to start trading up to get one :)!

Any demand applied on top of the three month rule is up to you and your trading partner, some people are fond of these guinea pigs as they are a "rare" lineart but others just value it as a regular 2010 rare.

RIPPetra wrote:Guys, could someone please remind me what the rule of thumb is for pet trading?

2 uncommons for 1 rare? I think that's it. But it doesn't make sense. I thought uncommons were basically worthless, and only rare pets were truly worth anything. Uncommons seem more like a PWYW (pay what you want) kind of thing because they are so easy to obtain every day from the pound.

The "2:1 rule" typically refers to rarity math where 1 2009 rare = 2 2010 rares = 4 2011 rares = 8 2012 rares etc. Many players value older pets above newer ones regardless of their rarity tag, with the argument being (for example) that this 2016 pet may be rarer than that 2012 pet, but an older pet isn't as readily available as a newer pet because many have found their "forever homes" on someone's account. That being said, this type of trading is quite unrealistic because you end up with figures like 1 2009 rare = 2,048 2020 rares which no one can afford, so most of the time the term is used for scenarios where rare pets are only a couple of years apart. I hope that helps!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UneasyOctopus » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 am

Lennie wrote:
UneasyOctopus wrote:Can anyone tell me how much these guys are worth?
ImageImageImage

The Orange Sortic Dog is worth the three month rule from its original release in September 2009.
    The Albino Rat first turned very rare in November 2012 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the '09 White Rat, the Floppy Pink Pastel, and the G-Money PPS x.
    Based on how early the pet turned very rare, it may be valued more than the general three month rule [closer to ~3+ '09 rares] but not everyone trades so strictly within rarity. If traded generally, the pet would fetch the three month rule or 2 '09 rares.

The UR Longma [UR Kirin for search function] has been omg so rare since its release - as the pet is relatively new [less than six months], the value it has traded for has fluctuated a bit since its first drop. UR pets, when they release for the first time ever, tend to go for "high overpay" compared to what the pet will eventually settle to because of how new it is and the fact that it is unknown where its rarity will settle - it's good to keep this in mind when looking back at successful trades!
    In most recent successful trades, the pet seems to have settled around 2-2.5 nons [either for individual pets or bulk pets valued at around that mark] x

In the case of all of the above pets, any added or subtracted value on the part of demand would ultimately be up to trading users! c:

Thank you SO much!!
Please click us!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UneasyOctopus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YellowOrigami » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 am

RIPPetra wrote:Guys, could someone please remind me what the rule of thumb is for pet trading?

from what I know, its 2 commons for 1 uncommon, then depending on how some people do it, it could be 2 uncommons for 1 rare, or 4 uncommons for 1 rare
you might want to get a second opinion, but thats what I'm pretty sure it is
YellowOrigami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby donttouchthevoid » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 am

im wanting to trade this guy but i dont have a great idea of its worth
▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫

Image Image Image

▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫◾◻⬛◻◾▫

donttouchthevoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me