"Is this a fair trade?" Thread [Updated Dec 2019]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "Is this a fair trade?" Thread [Updated Dec 2019]

Postby Griffin Torrens » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:15 am

LilGinge'♥ wrote:

i've now received another offer on my kitsune but i don't know how to value it.. some people say 2 '09 rares, others a tier 7 and then i've seen some trades for more. i don't have a lot of fodder therefore need to get the most out of all my trades

trades/viewtrade.php?id=86342208&userid=282326&signature=y2I23o6QEZwUF1wRVFByew

i would really appreciate help
the pets in both trades are all wishlist - so subjective demand isn't necessary

2013 store pets are said to be worth 2 '09 rares, so I'd say the first trade is fair in that sense. (Perhaps even overpay?)
More recent store pets, last I heard (keep in mind it was a while ago) they went for a 2010 rare each, so using the 2:1 rule they add up?

As for demand, the kitsune's (and store pets in general) are going for quite a bit, and there have been cases of T7 advents + some more rates in a few cases, but that's demand and depends who you're trading with :3

Please get another opinion though, as I'm not the most confident at my trading abilities haha
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby amarok. » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:17 am

zonkey wrote:

hi, would this be reasonable? rechecking my math.

xxx

You're actually over. The first two dogs on your side fall within the three month rule of their '09s and so I'd personally say you could probably get away with taking 2 of the '10s off your side.

LilGinge'♥ wrote:

i've now received another offer on my kitsune but i don't know how to value it.. some people say 2 '09 rares, others a tier 7 and then i've seen some trades for more. i don't have a lot of fodder therefore need to get the most out of all my trades

trades/viewtrade.php?id=86342208&userid=282326&signature=y2I23o6QEZwUF1wRVFByew

i would really appreciate help
the pets in both trades are all wishlist - so subjective demand isn't necessary

To clear things up, when people quote 2 '09 rares that is what it is considered to be *worth*. Anything higher is usually a demand value. Personally I would second that a mid advent seems most reasonable, especially because it's not necessarily fair to the person on the other side to keep pushing for a higher price given how relatively easy it is to find kitsunes. However, that's just my opinion and it really does come down to you to decide how to value a high demand pet, especially when there's such a chaotic pool of different values to try to navigate.

Edit;

Technically the GWJ (1 non) is a perfectly fair swap for the liontail but due to the liontail's massive demand they go for consistent overpay (2-2.5+ nons). In that regard, you are underpaying by a lot.
Last edited by amarok. on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madisong » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:17 am

v unfair to the liontail.
it goes for around 2-3 nons alone while the GWJ only goes for about 1.
madisong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnotherRandomUser » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:19 am

salamence wrote:

v unfair to the liontail.
it goes for around 2-3 nons alone while the GWJ only goes for about 1.

whats a non? sorry idk alot about the high rarity in cs, cuz i got the july mainlist on christmas and i dont really know what its worth.
AnotherRandomUser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carolyn » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:38 am

Is the moonswirl for the sunback fair? Im not sure whether the moonswirl has good demand rn or not. Any help is appreciated ^^
Carolyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amaoretto » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:42 am

amaoretto wrote:
amaoretto wrote:
i have a vague idea of what everything on their side is worth but any extra help would be amazing
xxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ama | adult | art shop | th
commissions: ✔ PMs: ✔
looking to trade for ALL
pets adopted 7/24
art by tsu-bear

amaoretto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby far » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:45 am

I-oxie wrote:
far

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:52 am

Carolyn wrote:Is the moonswirl for the sunback fair? Im not sure whether the moonswirl has good demand rn or not. Any help is appreciated ^^

The sunback is worth around a non and trades for 3. The moonswirl is likely worth around 2-3ish and hits the lower end of that (at the very least) pretty consistently. Demand wise that would arguably be a fair swap depending on how exactly you value the moonswirl, though it needs to be said that it's probably not worth your time unless you're planning on keeping the moonswirl due to the slight risk there. Both the moonswirl and the sunback are popular bois, though, so I wouldn't imagine you'd have trouble trading either. Overall entirely up to you and how you choose to value your pets.

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4201164

back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me