How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How do you organize your pets?

Postby conarcoin » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:50 pm

• nursery section where i keep all current event pets i'm keeping + growing pets
  • trade category - two swap groups for monthlies and events, a rares and a valuables group, and an "everything else" group
  • hoards
  • vault - lists, rares, stores
  • personal - dressups and faves
  • a bunch of broad species groups and a pps group
  • specific collections (pride pets + sitting cats + staff dogs by year)

it's just simple enough to not be overwhelming

connor 🕯️ he/any 🎄 adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinorocker » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:16 am

I sort my pets cladistically; since I’m more interested in the reptile side of things I have mine sorted more specifically into the reptile side of the family tree and lump all the mammals into one category :lol:
I also have a category for my monthlies and a category for pets I intend on trading.
⇌⇌⇌⇌⇌⇌Dinorocker⇌⇌⇌⇌⇌⇌

Utahraptor God

Prehistory Appreciator

Chicken Keeper

Film Lover

Cool Monster Enjoyer
dinorocker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby samiam52900 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:54 am

how will everyone be organizing their trade groups once the new update comes?
samiam52900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:39 pm

This is a really interesting thread!

I have a lettered organisation system, but they're broken into categories!

My favourites are in my Pets Without a Group as a landing page of sorts! My only A group is an Auction folder for if I wanna put something together.

Then my B groups- all specific sets/litters that I love or am keeping, mostly NFT, like the lunar new year dogs, store pet sets, my reindeer litters collection (I'm so close to done with that one!) etc.

C groups are the Summer Event groups and a couple of special collections - I have completed every single summer event collection to date. These are my pride and joys. Sorted by year and titled accordingly! The three specials are things like all the pets related to food and realistic pets.

D groups (only two) are my special babies and will never ever ever be sold. My Scorpio squad (I still need the *actual* scorpio dog) and my sled team (husky and malamute litters).

E group are my staff pet litters - also have completely every staff litter to date! Sorted by year

The rest of my pets are in the F groups and from what I can see, I'm one of the only ones who sorts my pets by ARTIST! :D I just find everyone's styles fascinating, and love watching the month releases and who is around and who is not and just watching.

G groups are all my trade groups sorted by rarity (one for common and under, one for uncommon, one for rare+, one for unknown and one for events)

Two hoards and then three Nursery tabs at the bottom!

PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby somberfawn » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:54 pm

I have OCD and organizing/systems are big things I like, so all my pets are organized by species and year (Dogs 2012, Cats 2018, etc). Holiday pets have their own groups (Christmas 2019), store pets have their own groups, special releases, all of them are organized by release and year. I also separate newborns and trade into their own groups. It took a while to set it up but I’m a completionist in most things. I’m making spreadsheets right now to see which pets I need, add them all to my wishlist, and see what they look like. Numbers are nice :)

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗
Art
25 yr
Any Pronouns
Semiactive
╚═════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ═════╝

somberfawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How do you organize your pets?

Postby Mysteria<3 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:46 am

Hi, thanks for the chance to chat

Okay, so with my return to chicken smoothie. I want to do things differently when it comes to organizing my pets, also in terms of collecting.

With that being said I was wondering how y’all set up your pet groups?

I’ve come to a conclusion that on a more general basis I just need one of each pet. In addition to that I need to update my wishlist, since I only wanna go after what designs appeal to me, in terms of tracking it down. Since I missed the last few years and some of the pets are soooo good.

Each person is unique in their style and I just want to hear how others arrange things since I’m trying to be more organized… I currently have a bunch of groups that don’t have the best layout… some random events, but event pets are in other groups, and just one super large double group, perhaps not the most logical. Lol seems impressive tho.

On another note, I was thinking of maybe opening just a group for the pets I attempt to dress up, not very good at it currently. And the world of items and trading them and whatnot with those are beyond me… However, feel like it would feel more well rounded if at the very least I dress up my precious group of pets… although what to put on them is another question entirely, lol

Does anyone like dressing up their pets? How do you decide to get them styled? By their looks, a them, color or just whatever first catches you eye?
Mysteria<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moondusted » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:49 am

I organize mine based on vibes, lol. I have a couple groups of styles I like best (halloween, ocean, etc), and then a "favorites" group, and a group that isn't for trade at all. And then I organize the rest based on species
l
u
n
a
r
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

moondusted - they/he
trades | TH | x
Moondusted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleabag. » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:52 am

I personally sort mine by species but I’d say if you do a lot of trading that it might be more convenient to do it by rarity especially with the new update.
For my locked groups or hoarding groups i usually add a Symbol like a star or heart so they sit at the very bottom, might be useful for your dress up group you mentioned. You’re more than welcome to take a peek at my groups but I’d definitely do whatever would be easiest for you

aries ♈︎ | she/her | flea
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage

The world is your exercise-book, the pages on which you do your sums.
    It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish.
    You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.

trade | | 𖤓 | 🇵🇸
Fleabag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzzzy » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:29 am

I used to sort by species, but as went through and put so many pets into my trade group (I don’t collect every pet now, only ones I really like) ive been sorting them by vibes. Like; spooky, robots, edible, garden, space etc. Lots still ungrouped, I’ll either make more vibe groups or maybe colour themes?

I changed how I collect pets because it was very triggering my OCD (diagnosed). Breaking the habit of how I used to collect was painful! But now I can actually have fun collecting. Sorry if this was too much information.

Messages open! (No minors please) I’m just shy, trying to come out of my shell a bit more

He/Him - Adult - Queer - Disabled - Autism+

<3 animals, games, toys, plushies, 90s/00s nostalgia, books, furries, arts/crafts, cartoons

Fizzzzy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:40 am

I finally found her! She has an original date, but I somehow managed to place her in my Easter pets group. Many thanks to the person who helped me narrow my search. :)

I'm really sorry if this isn't quite on topic, but I'm struggling to find a certain pet in my account.

This is what it looks like:
ETA: It's The Ballerina from February 2016.

If someone has (or could temporarily add) this Dog to their Wishlist and see if it comes up, I would be very grateful. At least then I can deduct trade groups from my search. ^^; I fear I might have the rerelease version, which could make it even harder to track this pet down. It's times like these I wish there was a search function for specific pet linearts. ._.

***Current status: Someone's informed now that it isn't in a trade group. Going through my locked ones again.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me