Guide to CS Rarities *update in progress*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide to CS Rarity Histories & Rarity List: STORE PETS A

Postby Aurora Storm » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 pm

LufikER wrote:
Aurora Storm wrote:
    Hey Lufik! Glad you like the thread ^^
    Your thread was very helpful with a lot of the store pet rarities I was missing, since they're not classified as "new" rarities. I have your archive and recent rarity changes threads up in my resources list, they've been great to crosscheck with information I've found around the site.
    Regarding the Dogtag and Moonswirl, could you tell me which dates are incorrect? I'll look into fixing the errors c:

Also I love the message you have in your signature, the message about demand needs to be shared! And of course, please feel free to use anything from this thread to help with yours as well <3

I will happy to work with each other ^^ This lists are important to do and share people, what this pets really worth. To show them truth!

Moonswirl and Dog Tag went both up in march 2013. I had issue to find correct date of these both as well, mainly dog tag which wasn't much posted on threads. But way back machine helped me here a lot (I tried so many combination here, to get these data :D)! Cause I found that they both were only very rare in February 2013 and under march 2013, they were both Omg so rare again. ;)

And thank you. Of course I found, that a lot of players was mad and salt about my signature. :D But I do not care. It's important to tell people truth. To try finally do something and get "demand" down again and undervalued pets get up, where they should be (like some nick pets, or some very rares which never were on the list but they had be there). ;)

All fixed, thanks so much for that! Dogtag and Moonswirl are now equal on the list since their last two changes happened together in the same updates.

I hope you didn't get any hate for your signature; everything you've said is true. I'm sure there's a lot of players who won't like what we're doing, because they would be getting a lot of overpay from the demand for pets right now c; But also I think the Rares List is so ingrained in people that they don't realise it's not based on factual data. I don't blame them, but I don't see how you can argue with these lists. Keep pushing the truth out there, I'm sure more people will jump on board ^^
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:38 pm

LufikER wrote:Of course I found, that a lot of players was mad and salt about my signature. :D But I do not care. It's important to tell people truth. To try finally do something and get "demand" down again and undervalued pets get up, where they should be (like some nick pets, or some very rares which never were on the list but they had be there). ;)

People will be mad, but that's how it is. Demand has gotten quite out of hand. I think it's time people slowed it down.
I regret trading my nick blue toxic. Someone offered me a teal butterbun for it a few years back, and I was told they were massively overpaying (on the fair trade thread), and that the nick blue toxic is only worth about an 09 rare or so. I didn't want to scam the person, so I edited it and took a normal 09 rare for it.

What a joke.
Now I will never get one back.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Dioxeon wrote:
LufikER wrote:Of course I found, that a lot of players was mad and salt about my signature. :D But I do not care. It's important to tell people truth. To try finally do something and get "demand" down again and undervalued pets get up, where they should be (like some nick pets, or some very rares which never were on the list but they had be there). ;)

People will be mad, but that's how it is. Demand has gotten quite out of hand. I think it's time people slowed it down.
I regret trading my nick blue toxic. Someone offered me a teal butterbun for it a few years back, and I was told they were massively overpaying (on the fair trade thread), and that the nick blue toxic is only worth about an 09 rare or so. I didn't want to scam the person, so I edited it and took a normal 09 rare for it.

What a joke.

Nick pets are so badly undervalued. Even the Nick Unicorn; made it onto the ex-Rares List, but at the bottom of the OMGSRs - when it's the second rarest pet on the site with no rarity drops after it turned OMG. And as for the Nick Blue Toxic, I can already tell you it's going to be pretty high on the VR rarity list.

It really is a shame that a lot of the advice given is about what you can get for a pet, not what it's worth. Demand is obviously important, so letting people know what their high-demand pets are going for as well as what they're worth based on rarity alone; is better information I think. And for pets with poor demand, just give their worth. That's it. None of this "oh but you probably won't get that for it", that just spreads misinformation about true rarity.

Also I have started on the picture version of the store pet list, might be easier to read than the great lump of text on page one lol.
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
Dioxeon wrote:

What a joke.

Nick pets are so badly undervalued. Even the Nick Unicorn; made it onto the ex-Rares List, but at the bottom of the OMGSRs - when it's the second rarest pet on the site with no rarity drops after it turned OMG. And as for the Nick Blue Toxic, I can already tell you it's going to be pretty high on the VR rarity list.

It really is a shame that a lot of the advice given is about what you can get for a pet, not what it's worth. Demand is obviously important, so letting people know what their high-demand pets are going for as well as what they're worth based on rarity alone; is better information I think. And for pets with poor demand, just give their worth. That's it. None of this "oh but you probably won't get that for it", that just spreads misinformation about true rarity.

Also I have started on the picture version of the store pet list, might be easier to read than the great lump of text on page one lol.

That's odd... In my C$ store I've always found the rare and VR Nick pets can go for some overpay? And they usually sell quickly. Kinda like dragons or certain edited pets.
People collect and hoard Nick pets, so I've always figured that was why.

Nice thread btw, I really think it will be helpful as I complete my pet collection.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:That's odd... In my C$ store I've always found the rare and VR Nick pets can go for some overpay? And they usually sell quickly. Kinda like dragons or certain edited pets.

Nice thread btw, I really think it will be helpful as I complete my pet collection.

What do you consider overpay though? They could very well still be going for less than they're worth. Their demand has improved considerably, and people who aim to collect them would obviously pay well for them. But for years they had a similar demand to rats (which are also so underrated for their worth, all the omgsr rats were barely given a second thought until they changed). Maybe now people are realising how scarce they are, and snap 'em up where they can. But still, could you see someone trading an UR Tiger for the Nick Unicorn? And that'd be underpaying based on rarity.

I mean, obviously everyone trading solely based on rarity would never work with the trading economy on CS - demand is too important, and it should be. It should just be kept in check a lil'.

And thank you <3
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:That's odd... In my C$ store I've always found the rare and VR Nick pets can go for some overpay? And they usually sell quickly. Kinda like dragons or certain edited pets.

What do you consider overpay though? They could very well still be going for less than they're worth. Their demand has improved considerably, and people who aim to collect them would obviously pay well for them. But for years they had a similar demand to rats (which are also so underrated for their worth, all the omgsr rats were barely given a second thought until they changed). Maybe now people are realising how scarce they are, and snap 'em up where they can. But still, could you see someone trading an UR Tiger for the Nick Unicorn? And that'd be underpaying based on rarity.

I mean, obviously everyone trading solely based on rarity would never work with the trading economy on CS - demand is too important, and it should be. It should just be kept in check a lil'.

And thank you <3

Overpay in C$ is usually twice what the worth thread says or more. To me at least.
And the pet that I'm referring to is this one Image from May 2009. I think I've sold 3 of them, but unfortunately I can't find the exact trades. But I know I sold them for 80-100C$. And I might have sold one of its littermates at one point too?
I haven't managed to get a OMGSR like the nick horse for my store yet so unfortunately I can't give an example of its worth. But just thought I'd contribute my observations with the less rare nicks.

And maybe less valuable info but before the one pps nick dog turned rare I sold it for a rare price.

Oh gosh I'm painfully aware of how bad demand is for rats. In my store they sell for 1/2-1/4 the price of other pets (like dogs/cats) unless they have nice edits. Between them and ponies I think have the worst demand, since normal 2010 rare price is 20+C$ at least, but for rare rats and ponies of that year its hard to to sell them for 10-15C$. Its sad but I think it also has to do with how most rat designs just seem... I don't know if this is the right word but 'Lackluster'? Like a good design is half the demand.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:01 pm

That's good to know! I do hope more people are starting to treat them as equal to other species. Way back in the day it was proper advice to tell people dogs were worth more in general (even I was guilty of telling people that ugh).

Oh man, poor ponies too. Even the zebras' demand seems to be dropping from what I've seen? Before I went on hiatus they were still some of the top most wanted pets, now I don't see many people seeking them anymore. And I do get what you mean with the pet designs, there's been very very few rats that I've been like oh dang.
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
    Even the zebras' demand seems to be dropping from what I've seen? Before I went on hiatus they were still some of the top most wanted pets, now I don't see many people seeking them anymore.

I'm not sure about the current demand, but a few months back everyone would say the zebras couldn't even go for a fraction of what they are worth.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corax » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Hey guys, I’m glad to have found this thread because I’ve been losing my mind over rarities, demand, value, and worth... plus all the abbreviations I’ve had to try to commit to memory at this point! I’ve been reading not only the lists but these discussions about undervalued pets as well, and it’s interesting to see your takes on everything.

See, I have a lot of 2008-2009 pets and such, and I only just came back for the first time since ‘09 a few weeks ago. I’ve been kinda trying to figure out rarity stuff on my own and... its a lot, there’s a lot of information out there, so it’s been mildly overwhelming, haha! I’ve just been concerned about enabling trades on some of my tabs because, well, I have no idea what I’ll get and if it’s going to end up being worth it. (For the curious: 2008 doubles and 2009 doubles.)

Like, people sometimes seem to get really excited/hopeful and start throwing trades at ya when they see older pets or dream pets and the like, but my oldie-yet-newbie butt ain’t ready for that until I know what I should be looking for in a good trade! Anyway, just figured I should pop in to say this has been very useful so far. It seems like a good place to start. Still going to be tossing my pets on the “How Much Is This Pet Worth?” thread, but I don’t want to inundate them with... what, over 300 old pets? :lol: That’d be a lot of yikes. I’ll do it one at a time I suppose, as it becomes necessary.

Tl;dr: It’s nice knowing that 2008-me got some rare pets (at least I think?)... but it’s overwhelming trying to figure things out, thanks for making this thread because it’s helpful as I try to puzzle out values and such. <3
Corax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:19 am

I just editing links in my list and here is perfectly seen, how bad old list was:
All this pets changed rarity in August 2011! There was 2 updates I think, but all are under one month.

- As you can see, there is Target Dog from 2008 which changed so late! After most of advent 08 pets, but he was put on september list anyway and we had pay 2 advents for it!
- Then there is Red-fronted Holly dog which was down on advent list and Tan Santa Hat Dog which was on the top!
- There is few another advent pets like lions, cat, tess horse and they was not all together on the same line.
- Then come very important part! If we skip store pets, we can see there Bunnies from 2010 and a lot of 2009 rats! All this pets changed in the same time as target dog. In the same time as some advent 08 pets, but they were never added on the list and when someone tried to trade this bunny for one of this 08 advents or even for another normal 09 very rare (which changed later) players usually screamed, how unfair that trade is! Or you was lucky, if you got at least one 09 rare (as swap) for these rats. And of course, "fair" trade thread never helped, cause nobody ever supported or thought, that this pets would be much more valuable, than they thought and only because this pets were not on the list.
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me