CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - Posting open

Postby Maligator » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:06 am

cautiousculpeo wrote:
TaxiderMiss wrote:Just tossing in my two cents, I don't think zebras should be lumped in with the URs, since they are still being released monthly (Which I was unaware of honestly) so it would be nice to have them with their own rankins and explanation of how they are obtained, when they were first released ETC

i agree heavily with this, it would be like if we had given Fennec Foxes a special ranking because they still get released monthly or bimonthly.
Personally i think the Zebra's shouldnt be UR just "Special Released Zebra's" dont lump them in.

Agreed. I never really knew how to classify them throughout my time on CS, but I always knew that they shouldn’t be together with the URs. The unique method of release with the zebras makes them a class of their own in my opinion.
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:15 am

Zebra’s are classified in Special Releases, which is different than a monthly release. I wouldn’t be opposed to them being in their own kind of information post like that.
These zebras are unique and not really something to compare to fennec foxes though. Theyre released completely differently since the ones that are being referred to are the zebras that are extremely rare to obtain, not just like other lines that are occasionally used in events or something.

I agree with Burr that something simple like even ‘Pet Guide’ or such would be better than another title including the words rare.

I also want to point out that having so many guides may get confusing, and the simpler and more organized the better. That’s why I would suggest including the store pets in a separate post but still in this thread, instead of a separate thread itself. That’s just my thoughts on trying to not overwhelm with a bunch of guides or have things get lost though.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:Zebra’s are classified in Special Releases, which is different than a monthly release. I wouldn’t be opposed to them being in their own kind of information post like that.
These zebras are unique and not really something to compare to fennec foxes though. Theyre released completely differently since the ones that are being referred to are the zebras that are extremely rare to obtain, not just like other lines that are occasionally used in events or something.

I agree with Burr that something simple like even ‘Pet Guide’ or such would be better than another title including the words rare.

I also want to point out that having so many guides may get confusing, and the simpler and more organized the better. That’s why I would suggest including the store pets in a separate post but still in this thread, instead of a separate thread itself. That’s just my thoughts on trying to not overwhelm with a bunch of guides or have things get lost though.

while i agree that my using fennec foxes may have been wrong. I still dont think they should be UR because they are special releases. Since the lines are still being used i personally dont think anything that has the same lines being used (adding onto the lines is fine but i mean basic lines still being used) shouldnt count as UR since they are only a "special release"

for instance these were just made as normal adopts.

but these are "UR"

in my opinion they shouldnt be UR since they are still using the same lines,

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:28 am

cautiousculpeo wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:Zebra’s are classified in Special Releases, which is different than a monthly release. I wouldn’t be opposed to them being in their own kind of information post like that.

while i agree that my using fennec foxes may have been wrong. I still dont think they should be UR because they are special releases. Since the lines are still being used i personally dont think anything that has the same lines being used (adding onto the lines is fine but i mean basic lines still being used) shouldnt count as UR since they are only a "special release"

for instance these were just made as normal adopts.

but these are "UR"

in my opinion they shouldnt be UR since they are still using the same lines,

We are talking soley about the bottom zebras, which are available by random chance monthly in the equine adopts. You have a very slim chance of getting one instead of a pony or horse foal.

Regular URs are only available on Dec. 18th for that day, which is why I don't think they should be grouped together.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 am

As I said I feel the special release Zebras should get their own post because of how unique of a release they are.

However all URs aside from food are on lines that are still used so I’m not sure what you’re meaning.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:As I said I feel the special release Zebras should get their own post because of how unique of a release they are.

However all URs aside from food are on lines that are still used so I’m not sure what you’re meaning.

unfortunately just my opinion i did not agree with them being held to massive high rarity. Anything special like the foods i could see them being classified as more but in my opinion i never really agreed with the UR dogs or lions etc (without lineart changes) being held to worth more then their physical value. There was no valid proof provided by Tess or Nick to say they were -incredibly- rare, and personally until there was some proof to show there are only a certain amount around i cant subscribe to it and that is where my original issue with the list was. It was a bunch of members deciding what should be worth what due to demand, and in turn spiking the demand by calling them rarer then they actually are.
Does that make sense? sorry if i appear rambling.

duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!

ImageImage
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 am

This project isn’t going to assign values to pets. From my understanding it’s only going to give information on how the pet is released and other relevant information.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darkwater » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:As I said I feel the special release Zebras should get their own post because of how unique of a release they are.

Throwing in my two cents.
I agree with Elemental UR prets get re-released every year. Zebras do not necessarily get re-released every month it is random and at chance. Any omgsr pet is considered being 1 pet per I believe it was 1k users (correct me if im wrong). That being said they are both re-released the timing is just different. Going with your mind set though what about the UR cat and dogs they are reused monthly so that argument would be a bit invalid just because the zebra lines were used as a regular pet. Meaning it's the paint job or base that matters the rest is history ;)
Love LGBTQ+ or Rainbow themes click the dog below link is another safe webpage :D

darkwater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UR Kob » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:49 am

I agree that the Zebras are good to include with he URS, but should definitely talk about the special circumsances in which they can be adopted! Whether they're lumped in or have a seperate section either would work dependiing on how the sections are set up. As long as there's that explaination c:

i love this btw!!
Pet's name: Bean
UR Kob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:55 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:This project isn’t going to assign values to pets. From my understanding it’s only going to give information on how the pet is released and other relevant information.

well that is something i can subscribe too, believe me when i say that all i care about is the well being of the site and its members, i think a farther in depth look at the released information and the relevant info may help me and others who find it hard to assign a rarity to a pet over the given rarity given by the site.
I just cant put it to my head how an OMGSR can be worth 6+ other OMGSR just because someone said so is all lol!
i do understand that the dates matter, and they cause slight variation, but i just want to have more info then just "this is what they are worth because we agreed it was" and so on.
Its going to take a lot of work and time but i hope that this helps clear up some things that have made me stray away from pets on "the list" just because i dont agree with how much people pay for them.

ImageImage
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me