CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - Posting open

Postby Evils » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:31 pm

Marking! I can't wait to see how this goes, it seems great! c:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:41 pm

From what I've read in here so far, I am SO HYPED for this you have no idea
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:01 pm

In regards to the Zebras, White Malk Dragon and UR pets, since they are all listed in the archives under Special Releases maybe they could all go under the title Special Releases/Unreleased and then break it down into subheadings to explain the differences in how they are released? I know many newer players get very confused with the UR label since the archive doesn't call them that so think it might be helpful if the guide actually explains this.

So something along the lines of:

Special Releases and Unreleased/UR Pets

Special Release Pets
blurb about the general way special releases differ from normal releases and unreleased pets

- Zebras
blurb about zebras very random chance adoption with horse adopts

- White Malk Dragon
blurb about how the White dragons used to work with Malk adopts in a similar way to the zebras

- September '08 Cake Dogs and Palomino Tess Horse
blurb explaining why the archive has these as special adopts

Unreleased/UR Pets
blurb about why these pets are called unreleased and how their adoption works

- list of all UR pets

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:32 pm

So glad so many people are excited about this project ;u;

Hmm that brings up the question, do the cake litter sit with the September pets or the Special Release pets?
I don't even remember if the cakes were available all month or only part, will need to research.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Solloby wrote:So glad so many people are excited about this project ;u;

Hmm that brings up the question, do the cake litter sit with the September pets or the Special Release pets?
I don't even remember if the cakes were available all month or only part, will need to research.

Practically all of September 2008, available August 30 server time (should've been like August 31 in New Zealand)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:08 pm

nickjr wrote:

Practically all of September 2008, available August 30 server time (should've been like August 31 in New Zealand)

Ok, so perhaps they should go with the September pets since from a rarity/release perspective, they would be a part of that? So in September 2008 it would have been perfectly reasonable to swap regular septs and cake pets, so theoretically they should be able to trade at a similar rate today. Is that a logical train of thought?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:12 pm

Solloby wrote:
nickjr wrote:

Ok, so perhaps they should go with the September pets since from a rarity/release perspective, they would be a part of that? So in September 2008 it would have been perfectly reasonable to swap regular septs and cake pets, so theoretically they should be able to trade at a similar rate today. Is that a logical train of thought?

That sounds good to me. I have no idea why I mentally valued them at more than a September. -headdesk good job nickjr A+- What you said makes perfect sense and I don't think they would've been adopted significantly more or less than other September 08 pets.

(They might've been adopted more because ooh, special *O* buuuut at the same time, they have 1 outcome each and they all grew on a specific date, so people wouldn't have been encouraged to adopt a lot like with the other September pets--not that there was a particular reason to adopt a lot of pets in the first place since we didn't get pets on accounts until late September

tl;dr ignore my parentheses rambling because it amounts to nothing)

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Oh I didn't mean it should be implied they weren't swapable with the other Septembers, though according to rarity changes they are among the most valuable of the Septembers, just that since the archive has them listed under special releases it would be good to have something explaining this.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 pm

I thought having them grouped with pets they were swappable for would be helpful, is what I meant c:
We should explain why they are in the special releases tab of the archives... although tbh I don't really know why they are there. We just didn't have event tabs in the archives back then. In fact the archives didn't properly exist back then, I used to keep them on my freewebs site which has recently been taken down since webs.com acquired the host >.< When the archives were properly built as part of the site, they were added in that format. I think that was in 2009.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Here are some of the name suggestions that seemed liked but please feel free to suggest more, or suggest again any you particularly like or you think were missed, or reiterate any you prefer:

CS Pet Guide
CS Valuable Pets Guide
CS Rarest Pet Guide
Pet Value Identification Guide
Rarest Pet Identification and Information Guide <-- I like this one but it's too long imo :c

To Do List for this weekend
  • Continue name discussion (see above post)
  • Update store pet draft with suggestions (see page 2)
  • Start drafting introduction post (see page 1, post 2 for notes)
  • Start drafting UR guide if above is done

Would anyone like to link the pets for the store pet draft? These pets all need to be linked, we can grab the images from the Rares List thread:

Skelebun - Orange Cerberus
Drink Me - Eat Me - Green Liontail - Jeweled Liontail - Nonjewel Liontail
Red Seal PPS - Blue Seal PPS - Green Seal PPS
Sleipnir - Red Cerberus
Winged Green Android - Blue Android - Red Android - Yellow Android
White Lolita - Yellow Punk Dog - Pink Punk Dog - Orange Punk Dog
Raven Dog - Patchwork Dog
Marionette Dog - Clockwork Bunny

Also happy to use any text or information you guys want to come up with for the introduction post, store guide or ur guide. Don't be afraid to contribute! This is a community project <3
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me