CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - July 08 Rats on p26

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:52 am

J-and-K341 wrote:While rats definitely are not my favorite species, i still have room for them in my collection because you never know when someone's going to come along and offer one of your favorite pets in exchange for a rat or two from your side. c:

Yup! I've had rats sitting around in a trade group and a perfect offer has always rolled in when I wasn't expecting it!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - 08 draft p24

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Solloby wrote:I'm glad you like them Seasonal <3

I've done the July 08 rats, but I'm wondering if they should be in the same chart as the dogs, to emphasise that some are rarer than the more common dogs from July?
CS-Rarity-Map-July08-Rats.png

The july 08 rats were really disrespected by the rares list. Speckle rats are rarer than nons but according to the old list, you needed multiple rats to be "fair" for a less rare pet. Ok more people probably prefer the dog lineart but was it really by that much?

I'd love to see them combined in the same list. I agree that "demand" played way too big of a role in the low placement of rats on the old rares list.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:59 pm

I would just like to say that I'd probably prefer the table colours to be either red or purple. I think it would be alot more clear if you swapped any pet that was OMGSR for MOST of the year (6 months +) to purple instead of grey or to red if it was OMGSR for less time than VR. It's just a sort of grey threshhold that makes understanding the chart a bit difficult.
Also I was thinking whether we could after edit lines in it that suggest a rarity overhaul? It would be interesting to see that many URs changed their value because their was an overhaul c: (eg. make a green or whatever colour line between 2018 and 2019 to show that there was a rarity rework)
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:01 am

It's not supposed to be grey it's light purple, I was just using default excel colours though. I can change the colour scheme to better shades of red and purple though.
I'd like to add lines for the two rarity overhauls. Maybe thicker black vertical border line? I will try a few things.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stella1208 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Harlowe wrote:
Fire-of-Shadows wrote:
.....Honestly, I don't think any future list will ever change the rat demand. We've been saying for years that "species matters" and showing a picture of a rat not equaling a dog. That's what every newbie has seen and that's what almost every player will tell a newbie. Good luck disagreeing with that "rule."[/color]

I joined in January and completely agree. I didn't know that at first because I was proceeding along the lines of rarity matters, but I kept running into users with No rats rules or rats =/= dog like you said, or I'd try an offer an old uncommon rat I got from a quitting user for a 2018 Christmas common dog and get turned down 'cause 'rats have low demand.' I've only been here a few months but it got really hammered home that rats, ponies, and horses were a lot less valuable regardless of year and rarity. I'm at that point where I have every ratto on my WL, but I really only try to adopt them or trade rats for rats as a personal strategy because I've heard basically them & spiders make up the bottom rungs of the species ladder. I need a lot of pets of all species, and it seems like by and large I can't get them using rats. Which is sad, 'cause I like rattos and have nothing against them except they seem a bad investment for a newbie.

Like Burrito Bunny says, I really love the factual project. It gives a newbie like me a great perspective on stuff I don't know about 'cause I haven't been here long enough to see rarities change.

I'm just coming up to my 1st year here (7 days to go) and when I joined I was also told by other players that no-one likes the rats on here, although I personally believe this is not the case at all, I've come to find there are actually plenty of people that do like them but they seem to have almost been brainwashed into thinking their rats are worthless.

But surely in a game were I think a lot of people would eventually like to achieve a collection of 1 of each pet, surely the rats count too.
I mean you only need to look in the March trading thread to see how many players are wanting to trade for the rats they have missed outcomes of.
Stella1208

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:21 am

Solloby wrote:It's not supposed to be grey it's light purple, I was just using default excel colours though. I can change the colour scheme to better shades of red and purple though.
I'd like to add lines for the two rarity overhauls. Maybe thicker black vertical border line? I will try a few things.

Sounds good!

Also, if you were trying to be REALLY fancy, you could split the year boxes where a pet was both OMGSR and VR proportionally into red and purple. As for an example, if it was OMGSR the first 3 months, make the first 1/4 purple and the other 3/4 red c:
But I'm not sure if excel is able to do such things?
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:49 am

^ that seems like a bit more overly complicated than needed. ^^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Postby Solloby » Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm sorry that I don't have time to work on this, but I've uploaded the excel template to the first post on the front page so others can continue adding the August, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec/Advent and other rarity maps. So if anyone has free time to work on this project, please download the template and start filling it in for other months, or making any improvements you would like as this is meant to be a community project c:

Some resources to help determine rarity change dates:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377402&p=123557888#p123557888
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=485908
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=189990 (thread search)
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me