CS Pet Guide Project - Template added to 1st post

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Pet Guide Project - Posting open

Postby PenguinQueen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:01 am

Hi, just marking because I like the idea here and I would like to read up on it later
PenguinQueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:12 am

I definitely agree that the whole 5+ omgsr= one popular one is extreme. It’s why I’m very interested in seeing how this pet information guide goes along with the other couple rarity guides.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 am

for me to answer my opinions on the front page.

What should we call this guide?
i did like the sound of the valuable pets guide.

What should the front page layout be?
I liked the layout of the store pet one, i think a simple overall layout would be nice. But im also a stickler and i like to see combo of links and pictures. (pet picture and link back to the archive maybe?)

What sections do we need and what order should they be in?
I personally think a separate part for the Zebra's is needed, and maybe a part explaining the re-released pets. How many are put out, how that will make a difference in the rarity and demand etc. I am interested to know how the small number of re-released pets every year will change them. Over 10 years if they put out 100 of the same re-released pets on the site, thats another 1,000 pets in circulation and i am curious how that will effect things. (numbers are made to make a point, i dont know how many are put out every Christmas of the same pets.)

What improvements should we make to the store pets draft (p2)?
I really like the new one, but if i can make a suggestion to put a "Demand" Section somewhere? Rank them also in Demand, such as Low Demand, Moderate Demand, High Demand, Very High Demand.

Should it be a separate guide linked from here, or part of this guide?
I wouldn't be apposed if it was together or separate as long as links are provided back.

Which section should we draft next?
I really think the Zebra's and UR / Special Releases.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:42 am

I think it's important to include white Malk dragons wherever zebras are put. I think they are often over looked because there is no longer a Malk adoptable page, but they used to work like zebras.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:43 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:I think it's important to include white Malk dragons wherever zebras are put. I think they are often over looked because there is no longer a Malk adoptable page, but they used to work like zebras.

oh yes! totally forgot about the Malk pets and Malk Dragons.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cat lover lizzy <3 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am

for the guide name, i think Guide to Fair Trading or like cautiousculpeo said, the Valuable Pets Guide sounds nice
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Imagexxxxxx| happy |lesbian aroace|gift giver|xxxxxxImage

SCUAI ENFP so/sp 2w3 with the STRONGEST sx7 fix known to man

© ©
Image▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Image
cat lover lizzy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:56 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:I think it's important to include white Malk dragons wherever zebras are put. I think they are often over looked because there is no longer a Malk adoptable page, but they used to work like zebras.

Yeah I totally agree with this.

However I don’t think any demand should be included if this is going to be an informative history type of thing on the pets. Demand is relative and changes so much it’d be a pain to update.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:08 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:

However I don’t think any demand should be included if this is going to be an informative history type of thing on the pets. Demand is relative and changes so much it’d be a pain to update.

I agree, however if this demand is based solely on rarity then what would make this guide different then the other two existing rarity projects that exist right now? Or is that whats being discussed currently? Either way I am always in support of people making their own trading projects so I'm interested to see where this goes o:
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:12 am

geometry wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

I agree, however if this demand is based solely on rarity then what would make this guide different then the other two existing rarity projects that exist right now? Or is that whats being discussed currently? Either way I am always in support of people making their own trading projects so I'm interested to see where this goes o:

I don't think this guide is meant for trading like the others are, I think this is more an informative one to explain when you could get the pets and how you could?
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrgbmommy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 am

This is just my opinion on Solloby's front post questions.

What should we call this guide?
Rarest Pet Identification and Information Guide.
I dislike the use of valuable because while I personally think most times rarest = most valuable, I would prefer to not automatically project that onto others as being the only "correct" idea. The term "rarest" allows for everyone to determine their own valuations of their pets based on whatever criteria they'd prefer to use. (supply, release dates, rarity tags, demand, whatever)

I'm hoping this will serve as a guide to the rarest pets on the site with the appropriate facts/info about release dates/methods and exactly why they are the rarest on the site included for each subsection. I wouldn't mind basic "things to consider(keep in mind) with these pets" advice included under each section of pets. Similar to what you did for the store pets under "Trading Retired Store Pets", but, I think it would be best to not label it as trading advice. Again, because of what I said above about individual valuation.

What sections do we need?
What should the scope be?

Standard Releases - monthly releases
-'08's
-'09's
-Maybe any other "special circumstances" regular release/holiday pets that are thought of (May/July/August lions? St pat's Tess dragon?? etc)

Special releases (zebras/ white Malk) - Has/had a small possibility to adopt each month
(I never knew that about the white Malk dragons- interesting fact to learn)

UR pets - Once a year release

Store pets - virtual currency purchases

Included would be any relevant info needed about a pet. (extended release dates, extra adoption numbers, one day only adopts, etc.)

What improvements should we make to the store pets draft (p2)?
Should it be a separate guide linked from here, or part of this guide?

"The following information should be kept in mind when trading retired store pets." I am not a fan of "trade advice" being included labeled specifically as such. I think simply saying "The following information should be kept in mind when dealing with retired store pets" would still offer the same ideas without actually being trade advice. (If that fully makes sense)

What should the front page layout be?
What sections do we need and what order should they be in?

I think all of these included in one guide. First post being an explanation of the guide and it's purpose with links to each section of the guide. Separate posts within the guide for each category so all the information is conveniently located and easy to find.

Standard releases -monthly adopts
Special releases - chance in monthly adopts
UR's - chance in once a year adopt
Store pets - virtual currency adopts

12/21/23 8:33pm

3 store pets away from a complete CS collection.
Please help me finish my goal, any help is greatly appreciated. c:

UFA: Nothing ATM

Pound
My FR
DV

mrgbmommy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups