Compilation of CS Historical Fun Facts

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Compilation of CS Historical Fun Facts

Postby nickjr » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:17 am

Yeah they do; I didn't do any counting lol I literally just went to pet ID 10,000 then went to pet ID 60,000 etc and looked at the dates

Pure raw numbers, so a LOT of factors aren't reflected: extended release adoptions, off-account vs on-account, deleted pets, etc

(skipped over Advent 08 intentionally as that's kinda a strange month)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:24 am

Ah ok :D

Speaking of Advent, I thought I was really clever by looking at the max users online at once (~6000) and deciding that the maximum number of on-account rerelease pets adopted each year was 18,000. But then I realized that the 6000 online at once didn't mean the total number of users active on December 18th. I felt really smart for a moment.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:31 am

Law wrote:Ah ok :D

Speaking of Advent, I thought I was really clever by looking at the max users online at once (~6000) and deciding that the maximum number of on-account rerelease pets adopted each year was 18,000. But then I realized that the 6000 online at once didn't mean the total number of users active on December 18th. I felt really smart for a moment.

afsdjkfhjskd LOL I totally get that though LOL

We got a number in 2011. Apparently that December 18 box was adopted about 45,000 times. (I assume this is an on-account number because this number was posted in the context of discussing the issue that led to the Dec 24 rerelease)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:38 am

Wait! We got an actual number for December 18? o_o
That's huge, I wish the admins would give us more delicious stats.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:39 am

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

nickjr wrote:boom

Woah o_o
(Props to Shian for making the original post!)

Wonder where the 110000 number comes from... Did CS have 55k active users then?
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Hey Nickjr I've found my old website files for StarlitInsanity, do you know where I should upload them to? Freewebs took the site down when they changed to webs.com. I feel like I should reupload it as it still has the original CS archives. There's so many folders and images that I don't think I could manage reuploading it manually, I really need something free with FTP.

Hilariously it seems that Chicken Smoothie is actually hosting some of my downloadable Petz breeds, though not others and my resources folder appears to be empty so I'm unsure where they are, but I do have a sizeable Petz folder here so they're probably still around if anyone still plays the game lol.

I also found this image but idk what it is.
It looks like Tess made it so it must've been the advent calendar image:
xmas08.png
xmas08.png (21.51 KiB) Viewed 176 times

I'd also made some buttons, apparently:
CSBanner_April.jpg
CSBanner_April.jpg (35.05 KiB) Viewed 176 times

CSBanner_May.jpg
CSBanner_May.jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 pm

SPARKLY EYES

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of web hosting sites TT__TT

lol Petz

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me