The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rarity Trade Guide // Rough Draft, Voice your Opin

Postby houndoom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:54 am

also, i feel 2012 is a good place to "cap" it so to say, since it is the last year that i remember having VRs as part of regular releases (august pps and july lioness specifically).

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:58 am

Got onto the computer;
List rearrangement suggestion posted on the Rares List thread.
Linked evidence for rarity changes for the creation of the poll options the Rares List uses.

These haven't been updated in a while but it's interesting to compare my Store List prior to the overhaul and after to see how accurate my placing was.
UR Rares List
Store Rares List

There are also links to some threads I've been using, but I mostly do a site-wide search with keywords for each pet.

I love the idea of having a rarity change cut off, it'll make the List a proper list of the rarest pets rather than all the very rare pets on the site.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:58 am

Sinbreaker wrote:
nickjr wrote:I'm not sure I'm comfortable voting in the poll, because if this is going to be a rarity-based list, then I'd much rather have a cutoff for rarity changes rather than pet adoption date, if that makes sense? (and then have notes for pets released after the cutoff that started out as VR since we have no idea where in the VR range they are)

For the pet count project, lil rascal made a list here of all non-List pets that turned VR pretty early, which we are including in our list for the pet counter to count. I feel kinda bad linking it but the pet count project and this rarity-based List idea do overlap a lot and so I think some resources can be shared.

Of course, mentioned earlier we should consider pets throughout all the years especially if they have been VR for a long time.
But a majority of the pets should come from a certain year date like the rare's list for a good starting point, and then worked on as a community to narrow the trading guide, don't you agree?

Sorry, I think I'm taking things really literally here -sweats profusely- With the current wording this is my impression:
Let's say 2008-2010 wins. But what about the 2010 pets that are currently VR that only turned VR in, like, 2016? What about the pets released 2011-2015 that turned VR by 2015 or even started out VR (not counting the URs!)? They would be made exceptions or additional cases to look at, not pets that we look at be default--this is my impression from the current wording and I'm not really comfortable with that. This would be the case for any option except for the last few.

Please let me know if I misunderstood something
Last edited by nickjr on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 am

A few posts back I saw someone asking about the URs and I think the best would be to vote about it too! Maybe something along the lines of 'would you like the URs included in this list or have them on a separate list, or both'?

I might change my vote to 2008-2012 too (originally 2008-2010 I think) too for the reasons that have been discussed recently ^^ but I'm still considering it.
And of course to add or at least review and consider some odd balls pets like the vr space rat.

By the way, how long is the current poll going to last? A week or so?

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:01 pm

^^ I believe the poll should be closed after it’s amassed a certain amount of votes. This way, we can know a grand majority of users who are interested in the project would have been able to voice their opinions.

It’s also a good idea to keep the poll ongoing until we have a clear idea of what we’ll be doing first.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 pm

IlluminatiConfirmed wrote:A few posts back I saw someone asking about the URs and I think the best would be to vote about it too! Maybe something along the lines of 'would you like the URs included in this list or have them on a separate list, or both'?

I might change my vote to 2008-2012 too (originally 2008-2010 I think) too for the reasons that have been discussed recently ^^ but I'm still considering it.
And of course to add or at least review and consider some odd balls pets like the vr space rat.

By the way, how long is the current poll going to last? A week or so?

I think a week is a good time frame?
As for the UR's, we can vote on them too!
Likely our next vote to ask what pets could be involved since that's the most important aspect of a trading guide.

@Nickjr

Those pets in that situation will be addressed when we get there. One step at a time! If we find out that method of choosing pets is flawed, then we can start over. We're moving surprisingly quickly (which goes to show that there is some frustration with The Rare's List Guide) and I'm 100% certain we will find flaws with every method we go through, but as long as a majority of the community likes the outcome of a method of organization, then we should be fine.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Sinbreaker wrote:@Nickjr

Those pets in that situation will be addressed when we get there. One step at a time! If we find out that method of choosing pets is flawed, then we can start over. We're moving surprisingly quickly (which goes to show that there is some frustration with The Rare's List Guide) and I'm 100% certain we will find flaws with every method we go through, but as long as a majority of the community likes the outcome of a method of organization, then we should be fine.

Makes sense; thanks for the response!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rentropy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:05 pm

I think it'd be a good idea, following this poll, to have another poll seeing what people think about URs. Should they have their own list? Should they be higher or lower based on their release date, things like that.
x.xx.xx
┎━━━━┒
fr
th
frfc

┖━━━━┚
AM NOTImagexxx

─────────────────────
SCARED TO
─────────────────────

───────────────
to fall──
I AM NOT

IF THERE WAS NOWHERE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒
x.xhey hey, my name's ren. i've
x.xbeen around cs way too long
x.xand just kind of ghost around
x.xhere nowadays. i'm a huge n
x.xerd and am kind of a trashcan

┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚

I WOULDN'T BE
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
rentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:09 pm

nikkolah wrote:I think it'd be a good idea, following this poll, to have another poll seeing what people think about URs. Should they have their own list? Should they be higher or lower based on their release date, things like that.

I'm not sure how I feel about URs having their own list. People will want to trade regular list pets for URs, but they might not know what to offer, since they're on an entirely different list of their own.

Just a small concern I have, but I would like to see a poll later on regarding URs.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:10 pm

nikkolah wrote:I think it'd be a good idea, following this poll, to have another poll seeing what people think about URs. Should they have their own list? Should they be higher or lower based on their release date, things like that.

I’m not real sure why the URs need a separate list?
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──